The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 64 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#180251 - 04/15/09 05:11 PM Re: skin cancer update - off, like a prom dress! [Re: jabber]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
Thanks, Jabber. One week has passed and the hole is filling in. Don't ask...

JJ and all us other redheads are more susceptible. Yes, I take responsiblity for working outside for 5 years.

It may be worse than I think it is because people are looking at me funny when I go out. Or is that because...?
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#180509 - 04/19/09 10:41 PM Re: skin cancer update - off, like a prom dress! [Re: jabber]
Saundra Offline

No relation to Len Goodman, Jabber.

Summer's coming and I'll be happy to stay inside with the A/C.

#181866 - 05/10/09 04:36 AM Re: Skin Cancer [Re: Saundra]
dsunicorn Offline

I have red hair and light skin so have had to deal with skin cancer for year.. had three on my face and several on arms and hands. I have had them cut off, burned off with dry ice, laser used.. so pretty much everything ... well last summer my dr told me about a cream to use .. it is called Efudex..you put it on twice a day for like two weeks and it bring the cancer cells to the top of the skin.. your skin turns red and blisters and it does hurt.. feels like a burn..but after 6 weeks all the new skin grows back and the cancer is gone!
This really worked for me...hope if anyone else is haveing skin cancer they will talk to there dr. about this cream...
You can find more information about it on there web site..

#182085 - 05/13/09 07:15 AM Re: skin cancer update - off, like a prom dress! [Re: jabber]
andrewson Offline

Thanks to god you are safe and Glad the worst is over.Always stay happy and safe life smile

#182188 - 05/14/09 06:21 PM Re: skin cancer update - off, like a prom dress! [Re: andrewson]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
dsunicorn, thanks for checking in and sharing the hot tip about the cream.

Welcome to BWS. I hope to see you in the other forums while posting today. Looking ofrward to learning more about you.

#182220 - 05/14/09 09:53 PM Re: skin cancer update - off, like a prom dress! [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
WELCOME dsunicorn, wow what a grand way to start posting. This information could save someones life. I do hope to see more of you here. Its is a magical place.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#182253 - 05/15/09 01:23 PM Re: skin cancer update - off, like a prom dress! [Re: chatty lady]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Welcome to you, dsunicorn! I'm with the others. Thanks for the post and the tip on the cream. I'm a redhead, so I REALLY thank you!

#182266 - 05/15/09 02:36 PM Re: skin cancer update - off, like a prom dress! [Re: jawjaw]
crazymom Offline

Efudex is a wonderful addition to the arsenal of treatments for skin cancer. However, Efudex is NOT used for melanoma, the deadly type of skin cancer. I know this personally. Efudex is effective for Actinic Keratoses or superficial basal cell carcinomas, which are types of skin cancer but are not deadly. I don't believe these types of skin cancer are even staged, the way melanoma and other serious cancers are. Using Efudex on a melanoma will just delay proper care and risks metastasis...and could lead to death.

Valeant Pharmaceuticals International (NYSE:VRX)is the pharmaceutical company which produces Efudex. This is the product statement issued by that company:
"Efudex® (fluorouracil) Topical Solutions and Cream is recommended for the topical treatment of multiple actinic or solar keratoses. In the 5% strength it is also useful in the treatment of superficial basal cell carcinomas when conventional methods are impractical, such as with multiple lesions or difficult treatment sites. Safety and efficacy in other indications have not been established."

I wish Efudex was a miracle cure for all types of skin cancer, but I have the huge, deep surgery scars to prove that it is not. My experience with melanoma was frightening and horrible and turned the future for my entire family upside down.

An interesting fact I learned about skin cancer: A few years ago I started getting horrible migraines. I had to have an MRI of my brain to make sure that the melanoma hadn't spread there and was causing the headaches. I had no idea that skin cancer could invade the brain!

Edited by crazymom (05/15/09 02:40 PM)

#182828 - 05/23/09 09:18 PM Re: skin cancer update - off, like a prom dress! [Re: crazymom]
Saundra Offline

Thanks for trying, dsunicorn. The cream would not have helped the sun-related malignant tumor I had. Thanks crazymom for your useful information.

There are so many types of skin cancer there can't be one miracle cream for all of them. I don't believe there's a miracle cream for anything. We'd all be using it.

#215536 - 11/21/11 06:07 PM Re: Skin Cancer [Re: Saundra]
Charlotte Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
I have an appointment myself and hoping for the best. I unfortunately used to be a big time beach person and I have acquired a lot of sun spots and moles. I would really advise anyone who spends a lot of time in the sun to use sun blocker. I wish I had.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved