The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 105 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#179429 - 04/06/09 11:33 PM Your age & age range of friends
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
In another forum, many of the ladies have no problems giving their chronological age.

So I hope I ain't asking anything that digs into a deep, dark secret closet of yours. I am a regular poster on a women-only cycling forum of all ages. It actually helps ...younger women who participate to know some of ages of older/ some who are old enough to be their aunts/mothers. It certainly sets a tone for younger women how to participate in a civilized way. AND it's helpful to ask this question months after the people have participated for awhile if they feel uncomfortable initially. There are have been some positive surprises because age is not necessary indicative of how we "sound" on the Internet.

How old are you?

And the age range of your closest female friends? (not counting your grandchildren nor relatives).

I'm 50. Closest friends are about 45 to 70 yrs. Less closer are: around 31.

Edited by orchid (04/06/09 11:36 PM)

#179433 - 04/06/09 11:50 PM Re: Your age & age range of friends [Re: orchid]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
I am 56, and ate lunch today with a 63 year old and a 44 year old. We are all great friends.

Youngest friend will turn 40 this year, oldest friend is around 65. These are close friends.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#179451 - 04/07/09 02:06 AM Re: Your age & age range of friends [Re: Anno]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
I'm 51. Friends are 50, 63, 77, 38 etc, etc etc. I can get a long with anyone and learn from them all!

#179477 - 04/07/09 06:46 AM Re: Your age & age range of friends [Re: Di]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
In two week I'll be 60 going on 29.

It's strange; many of the people I know around my age seem to talk more of illnesses than those alot older. So I tend to be drawn to people in their 40's. But I agree with Di, you will find all kinds at all ages. I do tend to seek out people younger then I am.

#179488 - 04/07/09 12:57 PM Re: Your age & age range of friends [Re: Edelweiss3]
Cookie Offline

Loc: USA
I'm 54. Closest friend's age are from about 45 to 78. Friendly with the 30's and under group, but not close friends. They make me laugh at the way they think. They are still of the mind set that we are old and don't know anything. LOL. God, love'em! Give them a few more years!

#179514 - 04/07/09 04:15 PM Re: Your age & age range of friends [Re: Cookie]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
I am 52. My close personal friends from childhood are also 52. We call ourselves the 56'ers. I am the only one who has not tinted my hair and the few grey strands that have the nerve to appear, get plucked! All 12 of them. Because we are of the same age group, upbringing and education, we're quite comfortable with each other and can behave ridiculously like 12 year olds when we're together.

My professional associates are between 22 to 68. We learn from each other and enjoy each other's company. The seniors, which includes me, are pretty much young at heart and slightly on par with the younger set. They come to us for wisdom though. LOL! We've been there, done that and still wear the t-shirt.

I'm comfortable with any age group. I have elderly friends from my Parish who I have come to regard as surrogate parents, aunts, uncles and grandparents.

My grandchildren and children keep me feeling young for the most part.

#179556 - 04/07/09 08:58 PM Re: Your age & age range of friends [Re: Lola]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Yea gads, I am the old lady here I guess. I will be 69 in June and my closest friends besides you ladies here are from 14 to 88. The two boys that stole my tomatoes last year, come by once a month to visit when visiting their grandparents next door. We sit a chat and they usually hang around a couple of hours. Sometimes we go bike riding. They are so cute.

My luncheon dates, and church friends are between 30 something and late 80's, we have a ball laughing ourselves silly. I seem to fit in everywhere, age not even considered. I may be an old fart but I act and think young, always have.
And I'm cute too...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#179615 - 04/08/09 10:26 AM Re: Your age & age range of friends [Re: chatty lady]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
I agree Chatty! You are younger in heart than some 40 year olds that I know.

#179630 - 04/08/09 02:49 PM Re: Your age & age range of friends [Re: Edelweiss3]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Yikes. I'll admit to 54. My friends range from 39 to 89 and in between. I'll also tell you I'm in denial. I cannot believe how
fast the years have flown. Don't know about you, but time gets
away from me. First it's New Year's Eve, then Easter, then the 4th of July, then Thanksgiving, then Christmas. The years seem to fly about as quick as it took me to type this. LOL...

#179652 - 04/08/09 05:27 PM Re: Your age & age range of friends [Re: jabber]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Cookie, I can appreciate your comment.

chatty, having intergenerational friends is one of the beauties of being involved in a church. While serving on the Rock Ur Faith Contemporary Worship Committee, I've made some fun new 20 something friends. I admire thier spirits. They're great. Our meetings are fun because they are more relaxed than some of the older folks I've served with in the past. They interrupt, go off on tangients, etc, but it works because it's a creative service. They are also respectful of other's ideas.

The majority of my friends are probably 40 to 65, but I definitely have a few younger than 40 and older than 65.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved