The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 112 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#184273 - 06/14/09 01:39 PM Re: Wow: Your age & age range of friends [Re: Dotsie]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Here's hopin'!

#184278 - 06/14/09 02:23 PM Re: Wow: Your age & age range of friends [Re: jabber]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
If you hang out in groups that are much older than you, you'll be revived and feel so young! The only problem with doing that for me is I have to go the nursing homes to do that. Yipes!

#184303 - 06/14/09 09:44 PM Re: Wow: Your age & age range of friends [Re: jawjaw]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
So why do you think I am at the Nursing Home a couple times a month now???? That the ticket, right answer!!! It makes ME feel young. JJ you guessed my secret.

Dotsie, lets hope you're right about moms genes and I don't mean her Calvin Kleins.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#184306 - 06/14/09 09:47 PM Re: Wow: Your age & age range of friends [Re: chatty lady]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
I think being 60 is great. I haven't felt this good in 15 years. Menopause is behind me, and the fat too. I sit softer.

#184395 - 06/16/09 01:57 PM Re: Wow: Your age & age range of friends [Re: Edelweiss3]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Edelweiss3,
That's was funny: You sit softer! LOL...

JJ, Dotsie, & Chat,
I hang out at the nursing home a couple times a week. The problem there is that many of the residents are in their 40s;
there are a few in their 90s, though. One lady is like, 98 or
something, and she is the cutest thing you ever saw. I love her!
She's so good natured, too. If you can grow elderly and still be
good natured, you've arrived at an angelic level!

#184529 - 06/18/09 01:54 PM Re: Wow: Your age & age range of friends [Re: jabber]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
There is a resident where we visit my FIL and she is the dearest woman you'd ever want to meet. She has an assistant with her all the time. She's German so often speaks in German and sometimes speaks in English. She is always attached to someone. It's usually her caregiver. If she's sitting, she's snuggled up against their arm, or has her head in their lap. She reminds me of a child. She clings to them when walking, rubbing their arms and putting her arm around their necks. It's precious. And at night, she has on her pajamas so it looks even cuter.

The other night, her assistant had to help a man who kept falling to his knees so I asked if I could assist Leoni. I did and she snuggled right up to my arm saying, "I like you. You're nice to me." So juvenile, but so touching.

She only has one tooth in her mouth, and she's the cutest thing you'd ever want to meet.

I would love to know what she was like as a younger woman. I'm betting she was just as loving.

#184550 - 06/18/09 06:45 PM Re: Your age & age range of friends [Re: orchid]
Karenksn Offline

No Age Is The New Age. Learn why in this week's edition of the SimplyAgeless411 Weekly Digital Ezine or you can visit us at www.SimplyAgeless411.com Click here for this week's edition http://tinyurl.com/msyjv5

#184752 - 06/20/09 05:50 PM Re: Your age & age range of friends [Re: orchid]
westcoaster Offline

Loc: Pacific NW
I am 59, and my close friends are all within a few years of my age. The hard part is that most of my friends don't live near me, and I miss them.

#186104 - 07/07/09 09:42 PM Re: Your age & age range of friends [Re: Dotsie]
Dorothea Offline

I appreciate the eclectic attitude reflected in the replies. People of all ages are valuable. Like gemstones, they each have unique properties and talents.

I enjoy being old enough to value people of all ages and to treasure those who choose to be my friends. How can we teach this to the younger generation who think older people are not worthy of their time? let's face it, we live in a very youth-oriented culture and our nation needs to mature in seeing with a larger perspective.

Dorothea Hover-Kramer, author of "Second Chance at Your Dream"

#186107 - 07/07/09 11:07 PM Re: Your age & age range of friends [Re: Dorothea]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Originally Posted By: Dorothea
How can we teach this to the younger generation who think older people are not worthy of their time? let's face it, we live in a very youth-oriented culture and our nation needs to mature in seeing with a larger perspective.

Dorothea Hover-Kramer, author of "Second Chance at Your Dream"

Part of it is the older we get, we need to make/not be afraid of becoming friends with people much younger than ourselves. And being friends, means not always assuming that we(the older, experienced) have advice/experiences that the young may value or that we judge the young too negatively too often/in a patronizing way.

Being continously physically active/intellectually active in an activity that you love to do and one that you can share with multiple generations is very helpful. Then the younger generations begin to know you more than just the grey hair and wrinkles.

I actually do not think if one is quite healthy and mobile, to live in retirement communities is the best solution for one's mental health, in terms of intergenerational appreciation and continuous learning from other folks. I would prefer to live in neighbourhoods close to many services and community centre (which is where we are are now), live among multiple generational neighbours and when one gets much older, seek out those groups for similar-aged folks for certain social activities...but not for all my social activities.

I know my brain/well-being benefits more from human contact with people from a broad spectrum of ages and backgrounds. THis is why I prefer not to live in homogenous communities: I feel stifled.

This is my opinion for every art class and cycling event (2 things I enjoy) that I have particpated where the age range is from late 20's to 70+. One witnesses the mutual appreciation of different aged people when they all share a common interest and start to learn from one another, hence appreciate what both the elders and the young offer to one another. It's not a 1 way street.

Edited by orchid (07/07/09 11:12 PM)

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved