The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 92 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#186140 - 07/08/09 02:37 PM Re: Your age & age range of friends [Re: ]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Dorothea, I think it has to do with getting older and wiser. I can't say that I was interested in elderly people when I was in my 20s. But now that I've lived and learned a bit, I cherish the elderly and their stories. I don't know how we can get the 20 somethings interested. Maybe it comes with time.

Orchid, I also appreciate having friends in most age groups. We have so much to learn and teach one another, even if simply by observation.

Anne,are there any groups of interest to you in the area that you might consider joining with the intention of meeting new people of differing ages?

#186183 - 07/09/09 03:31 AM Re: Your age & age range of friends [Re: ]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Obviously your work schedule and household responsibilties as an owner, keeps you busy Anne...

I do have siblings who have their own house, plus single friends who are homeowners and live alone. But their jobs aren't as all-time encompassing as yours.

Not sure how old these young folks that you meet who don't respect the older folk. I think it depends on the young person's pschosocial background. Generally speaking alot of the college and university young folk are at least more polite (it doesn't mean they won't be jaded/sarcastic), but at least less quick to mouth off immediately. For them to have gotten that far, via disciplined study, does require some self-discipline and humbled...by learning a swath of some knowledge outside of their world. Doesn't mean they have always learned from what they've been taught. (We weren't great either at that tender age. )

However I've met some very bright,highly motivated young folk. But then some of the stuff I'm interested in doing, attracts a certain range of self-motivated folks regardless of their age.

It would be nice to join a cooking club/dining out club amongst some women/people in your area...to at least meet a bunch of people every few months.

#186228 - 07/09/09 06:14 PM Re: Your age & age range of friends [Re: Dotsie]
karenelaine1977 Offline

Loc: Mississippi
I'll be 32 in October, but I LOVE visiting with you ALL!

#186236 - 07/09/09 07:28 PM Re: Your age & age range of friends [Re: karenelaine1977]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Karen is one of those "younger" gals that I love hanging out with. I've never had anything but total respect from her. Love ya, Missy!

#186291 - 07/10/09 04:00 PM Re: Your age & age range of friends [Re: jawjaw]
karenelaine1977 Offline

JJ- Your words bring me to tears. What thoughtful things to say. And coming from you, it is such a great honor. I have great respect for you and your work. Love ya, Friend.

#186292 - 07/10/09 04:07 PM Re: Your age & age range of friends [Re: ]
karenelaine1977 Offline

Anne- Thank you for your words of encouragement. I do have my own business. I decided that I wanted to stay at home with the child(ren) God blessed my hubby love and me with. We've got one precious daughter and I'm so thankful to be at home with her. She'll start kindergarten next month.

Please forgive me if I'm speaking out of place, but a two-year degree takes discipline to obtain, also. If anything, you should be so proud of yourself for attaining that goal! I have a two-year degree, as well. I am going back to school--doing all my classes online this semester--through a Fed. Pell Grant. It's never too late, but any degree, Associates or otherwise is a great accomplishment. I, for one, am proud of you!!

As far as others asking you to join or participate in various things...My mama always tells me what you don't know, bluff your way through it! Perhaps, they aren't looking at you for the degree you have, but looking at your talent, experience, knowledge, etc. and desire to have you a part of whatever it is because of that.

I know that too many things on your plate can make people feel overwhelmed...myself included. Maybe, if you're wanting to participate, but just not sure where to start, you could just start with the smallest possible project/event/organization. You never know what business contacts, friends, etc. may come of it.

I hope for nothing but the very, very best for you.

#186347 - 07/11/09 02:11 PM Re: Your age & age range of friends [Re: ]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
IMO people see things differently at different ages. Values change with maturity! That's just the way it is! That's life!

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved