The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 157 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#180199 - 04/15/09 01:36 AM Susan Boyle
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Has anyone heard this lady? This is well worth watching! Yet one more example of how we can never judge a book by its cover.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lp0IWv8QZY

(Maya Angelou)

#180262 - 04/15/09 06:54 PM Re: Susan Boyle [Re: Eagle Heart]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
Yes, Eagle. It's all over the news here but not complete as in the video. Thank you. Even the short versions brought tears to my eyes.

It's great to see real talent win. I stopped watching the show years ago but catch highlights now and then. This woman is a highlight.

People are so quick to judge. Susan put them all in their places. Good for her. SHe deserves to win it all.

Wanna bet they pluck her eyebrows and color her hair? We'll prbably see her with a makeover soon, but her talent will remain the winner.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#180434 - 04/17/09 10:51 PM Re: Susan Boyle [Re: Saundra]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
You can see her tonight on the Larry King Live show tonight. Catch it if you can. Theres another U-Tube where Susan sings Cry Me A River made in 1999 and it it unbelieveble.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#180435 - 04/17/09 11:38 PM Re: Susan Boyle [Re: chatty lady]
Eagle Heart Offline

Chatty, thanks for that heads-up about the Larry King show!

(Maya Angelou)

#180507 - 04/19/09 10:33 PM Re: Susan Boyle [Re: Eagle Heart]
Saundra Offline

Am I invisible, Eagle?

#180514 - 04/19/09 11:58 PM Re: Susan Boyle [Re: Saundra]
Eagle Heart Offline

No, Saundra...when you responded here, there were several other threads going on about Susan Boyle, and honestly, I didn't know what to do, whether to keep this one going, or let one of the other threads take over...so I did nothing. What's sort of ironic is that at the time that I started this thread I was feeling VERY invisible and out-of-place, not just here but everywhere in my life. It took me a few days (and help from Humlan over on Facebook) to help connect it to grief (triggered by recent anniversaries). I'm sorry for ignoring your post...especially since I know what it feels like not to be responded to...I need to go back to the old "do unto others as you would have them do unto you".

(Maya Angelou)

#180570 - 04/21/09 01:40 AM Re: Susan Boyle [Re: Eagle Heart]
Saundra Offline

Dear Eagle, I get it. Thanks for pointing out that feeling invisible may be tied to grief. I've had my share this year and maybe I can deal with it now.

I love that you told me what was hapening with you and I could discover something about me and relate to your position. Thank you.

#180579 - 04/21/09 03:20 AM Re: Susan Boyle [Re: Saundra]
Eagle Heart Offline

Saundra, I don't think I would have tied my feelings of invisibility to grief. But it tied in by way of family gatherings with my husband's family...yes, they're mine too, but it's not the same. Being around them reminded me of my own family gatherings, which are no longer possible. Sometimes the agony of absence just excruciates me, and I feel invisible because there is no place to share MY family stories anymore. It's right and good that they have theirs and the chance to gather and share and laugh together. And I do belong, and I'm so blessed that they all love me and accept me and that his grandchildren know and love me as their grandmother. Still, it's hard to completely ignore the sadness of how I can't share any of my history or family stories in those gatherings. That does leave me feeling invisible and out of place, and those feelings are hard to shake. But I did shake them off, and can see how they are just one more facet of grief to acknowledge and evolve myself through. Sigh.

(Maya Angelou)

#180650 - 04/22/09 12:56 PM Re: Susan Boyle [Re: Eagle Heart]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I saw that a 12 year-old boy is going to give her a run for her money. Did anyone hear him sing? He's another amazingly talented person. A boomer and a 12 year-old look like they are the two top runners. It's a shame they both have to be in the same competition.

I hear exactly what you're saying. I've heard it from a friend who is experiencing the same pining for her own family. She is a part of her husband's family too, but it's nowhere near the same. I believe this is happening more and more to our generation as we continue to lose family members.

#180828 - 04/24/09 07:12 PM Re: Susan Boyle [Re: Dotsie]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
They announced she has a new look on the Early Show, but I didn't see it. Anyone see it?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved