The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 146 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#181507 - 05/05/09 03:56 PM Proud stepmother here
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
I just have to brag on DH's kids...

Oldest single s-son, 39, is learning to cook. Yep, the one who has been Mr. Nachos for years. Just open a can and eat! Now he is telling us how to "sear scallops"!

S-daughter, 36, with two little girls ages 1 and 3 has so impressed me with her parenting. They were just here for four days. Those little girls are so good! Never an outburst or tantrum. They play together nicely. Even the 1 yr old only has to be told once and she will stop doing what Mom/Dad says.

She has never given them juice...wants them to drink water and milk. Plus juice with sugar is bad for them AND not to mention expensive. These little savings' help to keep her home with them.

The 3-yr old is very polite..."Thank you, Nunna. Thank you, Grandpa. Yes, please!".

Movies: She does not like Disney movies...way too much violence and fairy-tale story lines. I'd actually been waiting for her to notice. Told her that just because "all the kids have these movies does not mean they are good for them"!

I've watched this young family grow and have see them all get comfy together. Adjusting to parenting has been a road. Her husband is 42.

Their maturity through it all is showing. We talked about how proud I am of them for making mature decisions and choices for these girls and that it shows how they've watched the mistakes of younger parents and learned from their own parents.

It's been interesting to watch these people grow having coming into their lives 12+ years ago. And I haven't had to do a thing but watch! I'm proud to say I am their step mother! grin

Edited by Di (05/05/09 04:04 PM)

#181702 - 05/07/09 07:00 PM Re: Proud stepmother here [Re: Di]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I love men who can cook. That's cool. What motivated him to change?

There's nothing better than watching someone raise their children with proper intentions and attention.

I'm glad you're relishing in your family. It's neat to see you do that Di.

#181710 - 05/07/09 08:22 PM Re: Proud stepmother here [Re: Dotsie]
Di Offline

I hear one of his friends cooks, so he started. Also, his mom and step Dad left the area 1 1/2 yrs ago. He used to eat there each Sunday. Now he's on his own. So, I'd imagine for survival's sake! He watches the guy on the Food Network channel who has the blonde spiked hair as inspiration.

#181724 - 05/07/09 08:55 PM Re: Proud stepmother here [Re: Di]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Oh Di it is so good to hear those words from you at last. We all knew when you were having your doubts about his kids and the new baby that it would all work out and you'd feel this way. It just takes time, and respect and before long the LOVE kicks in and the family becomes your family too. Hoorah!!!!

Above you mean Guy Gietti with the spiked blonde hair. He goes around to Drive-Ins, Diners and Dives and samples their food. Plus has his own new cooking show called Guys Big Bite. He is a real cool person and boy what a chef he is.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#181780 - 05/08/09 05:05 PM Re: Proud stepmother here [Re: chatty lady]
Di Offline

yes, they are nice adults. And now the grandgirls are showing signs of "good stock" from both sides of the families. I'm just sad we do not live closer.

#183044 - 05/26/09 03:37 PM Re: Proud stepmother here [Re: Di]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Di,
It makes me happy to hear you brag about your stepchildren.
That is so cool. You are the first person I've heard of,
who actually uplifts the "steps" and I love it! I love the fact
that they have earned your kudos!

#183046 - 05/26/09 03:46 PM Re: Proud stepmother here [Re: jabber]
MustangGal
Unregistered

Di, how wonderful to have such a loving and understanding relationship with your step-children.

I'm glad to hear that you do not "compete" for their affection for their father, your husband. Unfortunately, many children suffer b/c of such rivalry.

#183212 - 05/28/09 12:17 PM Re: Proud stepmother here [Re: ]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Some blood parents haven't that much positive stuff to say about their own kids! I'm happy, you're happy!

#183219 - 05/28/09 01:32 PM Re: Proud stepmother here [Re: jabber]
Di Offline

Thank you, guys. And my SD sent me such a beautiful card for my b'day. My DH even had to call her to thank her for writing what she did.

I suppose when you wanted your own but could not, it's easy to really pay attention to those which God sent you!

#183235 - 05/28/09 03:23 PM Re: Proud stepmother here [Re: Di]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Even a written note within...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved