The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 116 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#198066 - 01/18/10 04:12 PM Re: Where do you live? [Re: jabber]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Welcome ladies....so glad you've joined us!

#198157 - 01/19/10 07:05 PM Re: Where do you live? [Re: jawjaw]
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
I just found this thread. I think it's interesting to know where we all live. So many different places but sisters all. I have lived in Kissimmee, Florida for the last 23 years. Originally grew up in northern Illinois small town.
www.tidedancer.com

#198218 - 01/20/10 03:36 PM Re: Where do you live? [Re: lindasusan]
Josie Offline

Loc: NJ
Originally Posted By: lindasusan
Born and raised in Northern New Jersey; it looks like New England, especially this time of year. I'm less than an hour into the amazing New York City, where there's anything from the Rockettes Fabulous Christmas Spectacular to the Legendary New York Yankees. This may be a fast paced part of the country, but it sure keeps your interest peaked. I would love to see more of our beautiful country; I've really only traveled up and down the east coast.

I, too, was born and raised in NJ, the central area. As a young adult, I lived in Boston/Cambridge Massachusetts, Bremerton Washington, San Diego California, Philadelphia Pennsylvania, and now am happily settled into a pocket of tranquility here in Southern NJ.

It's a quiet, harmonious, suburban community, with rare severe weather patterns in any of its four seasons .... and for big city adventure, Philly, Atlantic City, NYC, Boston, Baltimore, and Washington DC are all within driving distance. As are the beaches of several states and the ski areas of several mountainous areas.

For me the best place to be is smack dab in the center of my home, close to a quaint downtown with several favorite local restaurants.

To Lola: I LOVE the pictures!!!!

#198247 - 01/21/10 06:55 AM Re: Where do you live? [Re: meredithbead]
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
I live in West Chester, PA...25 miles west of Philadelphia...and spend lots of time in our little beach house in Avalon NJ...I think most of the USA is beautiful and love to travel and see everything...but I must admit I'm always very happy to come home..

People may not remember exactly what you said or what you did...but they will always remember how you made them feel

#198251 - 01/21/10 08:23 AM Re: Where do you live? [Re: catlemm]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
I live in Bavaria, Germany...about 4O minutes from the Hof Brau Haus in Muenich. If we don't like our weather, we head for Italy, about a good 4 hour drive. We can also fly to the sunny island Mallorca. That's only a half an hour away and costs 50 dollars per flight.....Gee...I'm actually just talking about what's away from my area. hmmmm, wonder why.

#198271 - 01/21/10 05:50 PM Re: Where do you live? [Re: Edelweiss3]
MustangGal
Unregistered

EW, many a year ago I traveled to Mallorca - sounds like you've a good weather escape!

#198275 - 01/21/10 06:25 PM Re: Where do you live? [Re: ]
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
Lucky you Edelweiss..Mallorca is beyond beautiful...are you going there anytime soon?

People may not remember exactly what you said or what you did...but they will always remember how you made them feel

#198283 - 01/21/10 08:02 PM Re: Where do you live? [Re: AvalonBlondi]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
I'm amazed MustangGal and Nancy that you know Mallorca. I never knew it existed when I lived in America. I guess you can say Mallorca is to Germans what the Bahamas are to Americans.

As long as we are caring for our granddaughter, I don't think we can be spontanious and hop on a flight. ... but then again ....

#198284 - 01/21/10 08:33 PM Re: Where do you live? [Re: Edelweiss3]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
And Hawaii is to British Columbia, what Florida is to Ontario, as a very popular vacation spot.

In spirit, Hawaii is a close fit to British Columbians because Hawaii's population though way more interracially mixed compared to Vancouver-southern B.C., at least there is a strong sense of Pacific rim cultures, there are similar Asian influences (though Hawaiian culture is to me, so unique and different from Asia, but the people look abit similarily Asian) the inspiration of the ocean and mountains in art, music, photography for the 2 geographic areas --except one is alot more tropical and naturally /exotically floral. British Columbia within Canada probably has the most "exotic" natural vegetation and wildlife(land and marine) compared to other parts of Canada except for the Arctic.

#198285 - 01/21/10 08:36 PM Re: Where do you live? [Re: Edelweiss3]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Originally Posted By: Edelweiss3
I'm amazed MustangGal and Nancy that you know Mallorca. I never knew it existed when I lived in America. I guess you can say Mallorca is to Germans what the Bahamas are to Americans.

As long as we are caring for our granddaughter, I don't think we can be spontanious and hop on a flight. ... but then again ....

YOur granddaughter is abit older now but not a helpless infant on a plane, so it might still be a good time to have a short trip to Mallora before she gets alot older..and gets bored hanging out with older people. You know what I mean. laugh

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved