The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 166 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#188566 - 08/20/09 10:43 AM Re: Still Feeling the Loss [Re: Wisdom&Life]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
chatty, my heart aches for you. I know how much you miss your mom, but I also know how close you are to your son and his children. I have one sister who moved away years ago and I miss her so much. Four of us are in town and I always feel like she gets left out because she isn't here.

Cathi, you and your husband must be very happy together to enjoy living alone in a town with one another's company only. That's a good thing!

Does your mom have family near her? I know some of her family is in Greece.

#188574 - 08/20/09 01:15 PM Re: Still Feeling the Loss [Re: Dotsie]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
You know I moved away, - far away from my home country. And I would never ever recommend that to anyone. You always have one foot there and one foot here;... that's a huge split.
So I understand Chatty. It is a difficult situation.

#188628 - 08/21/09 05:06 PM Re: Still Feeling the Loss [Re: Edelweiss3]
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
Dotsie, my mom has many friends near her in Northern VA. These are friends her and my dad knew since I was a baby. Back when my dad was in the military. In fact, she has a friend from Greece who met her husband the same time my mom met my dad. Her husband and my dad served on the same ship when my dad was in the US Coast Guard. This is how he ended up in Rhodes in the first place. This lady and her husband are on their way to Greece now and my mom will see them there as well. Another friend she has is a widower, who's wife passed away a few years ago. They have been friends with my parent's since I was a baby and I went to High School with their kids when we were all stationed in Germany. Anyway, this man has been there for my mom since my dad got sick. Not only that, his wife is buried in Quantico as well and he goes there every Sunday. While he is there, he makes sure my dad has flowers too. He has gone to Greece several times to see my parent's when they were there.

So yes, my mom has many close friends around her and of course, you know my brother live an hour away from her in Ellicott City.

I am worried now that too many people are going to give her too many endless suggestions and pressure with what to do. I want to emphasize to her that she should make whatever decision she wants to. I am first and foremost concerned about her happiness. I want her to enjoy her life and I know my dad would want that too. He was so worried about her and I believe he hung on as long as he did to make sure she would be okay.

Cheers and Love,
Cathi

#188677 - 08/22/09 08:20 PM Re: Still Feeling the Loss [Re: Wisdom&Life]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
How blessed your mom is to have so mnay remaining freinds. My FIL and Dad don't have many living friends these days. It's so sad. We went to a funeral today - my FIL's best friend died. They'd talk to one antoher everyday until my FIL's Alzheimer got worse this year.

Anyway, it sounds like Mom will be okay if she stays where she is. I'm amazed by the way she travels, but I guess it's a way of life for her.

My parents were great friends with a couple Dad met when he was in Korea. Dad is the only one of the four that is still living. It must be hard to outlive everyone.

#188685 - 08/22/09 09:57 PM Re: Still Feeling the Loss [Re: Dotsie]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
One of the most important things I've learned is our loved ones, who have passed, are right here with us. I know we've all heard this said, and said it ourselves, but "KNOWING" it makes all the difference in the world. Daddy recently sent me a peanut. No ONE can convince me differently. Mother as much as told me, "Learn to Love Again," the most important thing she could have said to me. I am so OPEN to them visiting me. Daddy was in a very real dream two nights ago. He had his left hand on my right forearm, as we were checking out at a retail counter somewhere. I could feel the softness of his touch and the warmth from his hand. IT WAS SO REAL! They're here in me, near me, for me and because of me!!!! I know this and with it I find great comfort and peace... esp. knowing they are helping prepare a place for me when it's my time. Mother knows I want a purple room in that mansion she earned!!!
Love ya, Mother!
Love ya, Daddy!
Keep the faith Cat, and all.... we are with them, as they are with us!
If you'd like to see my mom's memorial page, go here: Mother if that doesn't work, search for Squyres (M).

For each of us who have lost a loved one, I pray we grow with the losses...
(((hugs)))... special one for Cathi![[[HUG]]]

#188686 - 08/22/09 10:35 PM Re: Still Feeling the Loss [Re: gims]
DJ Offline

Loc: Ohio
gims, I guess I missed reading that your mom died. I remember some of the angst you were going through some months ago with your family. I'm sorry for you.

Cathi, I'm sorry to read that your dad died recently.

It's been a year now since my dad died. Mom is going downhill really quickly.

#188696 - 08/23/09 01:13 PM Re: Still Feeling the Loss [Re: DJ]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Gims, I love-love-love your post so much!!! What a sweet light you pour into our grief. I too absolutely believe that they're with us, rooting us on, comforting us and trying in every way to help us KNOW how much we are loved. I have so many caring, tender "Gary-moments", some vivid Mom-moments and a few treasured Dad moments. I swear that the cicadas that are nesting in our front garden are Dad's gift...it's the first time they've ever been here and Dad is one of the only people on earth (er, heaven too, LOL) who would know how much I love cicadas and what a gift they are to me.

Edited by Eagle Heart (08/23/09 01:14 PM)

(Maya Angelou)

#188744 - 08/24/09 06:15 AM Re: Still Feeling the Loss [Re: Eagle Heart]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Cathi, I just woke up to news of a fire in Athens. I thought of your Mom and all the rellies. I pray they are fine and well out of range.

Gims, I have only just come to know that your Mom passed away and read the memorial to her. My sincerest condolences to you and yours. God bless.

#188918 - 08/26/09 03:01 PM Re: Still Feeling the Loss [Re: Lola]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Wow, gims. What a lovely Mother you had girl. She was beautiful and talented. How proud you must be! Both of your parents were
the perfect gene pool. And I know what you mean when you say
they're with you now. I love that!

#188975 - 08/27/09 01:17 PM Re: Still Feeling the Loss [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
The Spirit is an interesting topic. It is hard to explain but
you can feel people's spirit. You can feel The Holy Spirit as
He adds strength to your being.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved