The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 95 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#190582 - 09/26/09 03:23 AM Re: Would like some friends [Re: Nora Rose]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
The good thing about BWMS here, is finding out at a personal level, a variety of women's perspectives here. But I wouldn't say this group is as diverse as it could be (the potential is great, it just hasn't been realized more broadly compared to other groups that I've participated in), but at least for myself, is to hear from women that I wouldn't, socialize heavily with in real life. I suspect some women have left...simply because they knew this group was not the right "fit" for them.

I would like to be honest here to say that, a gut feeling tells me some of my personal values and significant life experiences are fundamentally different from some members here, that a face-to-face friendship might only be distant, instead of yielding something much closer.

#190625 - 09/27/09 01:30 AM Re: Would like some friends [Re: ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Orchid, you might be surprised when meeting most of us. When some of us finally met who had been posting for awhile it was like we'd been next door neighbors forever. I was amazed at how comfortable we all were together...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#190632 - 09/27/09 05:00 AM Re: Would like some friends [Re: chatty lady]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
That's true...it was like meeting someone you knew already, just in a different setting. There was none of that awkwardness of first-time friends and no lack of conversation.

Them...not me. They talked and talked and talked...I, being the quiet one, just listened. Uh huh. Sure nuff.

Wanna buy a bridge?

#190638 - 09/27/09 10:35 AM Re: Would like some friends [Re: jawjaw]
diamond50 Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
So true! I have met countless online friends repeatedly; each meeting is like the first--you are meeting the person you already grew to know and like. We always end up feeling like "sisters" and cannot wait to meet again or talk to each other on the phone.
And of course now there is Facebook. smile

#190666 - 09/28/09 02:19 AM Re: Would like some friends [Re: diamond50]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
I haven't met anyone in person from this forum yet.

However I have from other forums..all are female regular cyclists so far. Interestingly I've met 3 different women (out of 10) via an international forum....and later, found that each woman lived within 10 kms. radius from us. Each woman didn't know one another before at all!

Other women I've met, I have met each person, in home city or in their home city: Alberqueque, (New Mexico), Maui (Hawaii), Seattle, Atlanta (Georgia) .and a cyclist from the Netherlands visited us. The majority of these women were over mid-30's to late '50's.

#192505 - 10/25/09 12:58 PM Re: Would like some friends [Re: Nora Rose]
lindasusan Offline

Loc: NJ
Hello Nora Rose and Everyone...
I also am new here. I'm finding this site so full of good information as I read on. I look forward to bright, enlightening words of wisdom. God Bless communication, how would our grandmothers have reached out to others as we are?

Have a wonderful day with much happiness.

#192538 - 10/25/09 09:00 PM Re: Would like some friends [Re: ]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
lindasusan, who woulda thunk that our generation would be comunicating online, making friends, meeting spouses, etc.

#194871 - 11/30/09 07:47 AM Re: Would like some friends [Re: ]
Momof4js Offline

Loc: Southern California
Hi Nora... Welcome.. I'm new too! This group of ladies are pretty friendly. Take a peek and read their responses and postings to others - you'll be blessed!

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved