The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 97 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#195112 - 12/04/09 12:59 AM Re: Genealogy [Re: Mountain Ash]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I'm not sure if I told any of you this but I went to National Geographic website and submitted a DNA sample and they come back with "my very beginning" results. In other words, where my ancestors began and also, where they traveled to. Seems my family began in West Africa. My husband says it explains a lot!

It's kind of expensive ($100) but I wanted to give it to my son who has taken over the family tree. I got tired of researching.

Just a bit of info for those of you who are really into your history.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#195116 - 12/04/09 10:19 AM Re: Genealogy [Re: Dianne]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
This is the wildest thing I've ever heard of. Amazing. Now anyone want to explain how they do that?

#195121 - 12/04/09 11:39 AM Re: Genealogy [Re: Dotsie]
Mountain Ash Offline

It is reported that we ALL stem from seven tribes..The seven daughters of Eve..
I have the dna test as part of my subscription but have to select which dna test to take..that from maternal or parental line..My son would be the one to be tested if we select one option.
he will show more..
Being an Island UK has many factors..those who landed from Scandinavia..Norse..Near here is the Royal residence from James and Mary queen of Scots who was French. way back I have Potters who were part of that set up..and their name may be Portieer..the maker of vessels..from metal for drinking.
some geneology site connect those with similar dna..not the one I use.

#195122 - 12/04/09 11:41 AM Re: Genealogy [Re: Mountain Ash]
Mountain Ash Offline

Looked this up which explains better than I could.

The Seven Daughters of Eve (2001, ISBN 0-393-02018-5) is a book by Bryan Sykes that presents the theory of Human mitochondrial genetics to a general audience. Sykes explains the principles of genetics and human evolution, the particularities of mitochondrial genetics, and analyses of ancient DNA to genetically link modern humans to prehistoric ancestors.

Following the developments of mitochondrial genetics, Sykes traces back human migrations, discusses the "out of Africa theory" and refutes Heyerdahl's theory of the Peruvian origin of the Polynesians, which opposed the theory of their origin in Indonesia. He also describes the use of mitochondrial DNA in identifying the remains of Czar Nicholas II, and in assessing the genetic makeup of modern Europe.

#195123 - 12/04/09 11:48 AM Re: Genealogy [Re: Mountain Ash]
Mountain Ash Offline

Imagine what our forfathers would say if the they knew what science offers us living today.

#195144 - 12/04/09 10:11 PM Re: Genealogy [Re: ]
Mountain Ash Offline

Which country Anne?

I googled quite a bit to no avail prior to seriously finding how how to find the places to look.

#195199 - 12/05/09 07:26 PM Re: Genealogy [Re: ]
Mountain Ash Offline

It is surprising which records may have survived Ann.in East Germany /Poland..church records for example.People have a habit of protecting baptism records.School records can give addresses and siblings.Bank records..backs of photographs..certificates from colleges..
as long as you have a birth date parents names and patience. it also helps if middle names and siblings names are known.as does employment.
eg I have read my Grandfathers war record..his place of service..even his medical details in the convalescent hospital..poor dear man.

#195312 - 12/07/09 03:02 PM Re: Genealogy [Re: ]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Anne,
Love your signature and ending statement! Ain't it the truth!

#195441 - 12/08/09 08:54 PM Re: Genealogy [Re: ]
Mountain Ash Offline

Want to share this...As I read old Parish records more than you would be bothered to read here.
but this weeks finding.
Ness...

three male children all born on the same day
Triplets but had the word been invented then.
This is from Parish records..

1753 James DEWAR and Rachel SEATH in the Coaltown of Balfour had three children
born at one birth
February 19th and baptised the same day
1st
called Henry
2nd
Andrew
3rd
William
Witnesses George LILLIE and John CHALMERS
Also on this micro film a baby born in a house named the same as mine.(we name homes here.)
imagine that these walls held a family long before me and by coincidence I have also lived here.

three boys..I DO hope the all lived..that is next to find out...

#195466 - 12/08/09 11:30 PM Re: Genealogy [Re: Mountain Ash]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
MA, let us know what you find out. How interesting! Triplets no less! I wonder if those triplets lived, and if they went on to have triplets in their lineage. Would be interesting to know, don't you think?

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved