The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 212 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#192827 - 10/29/09 01:56 PM Where I want to live NOW
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Ladies, I have been studying these pocket homes and I think I've even mentioned them before here in the forums. If I had one wish right now, it would be to live in a community such as this one. What about you? Do you like this kind of "communal" living? I would LOVE it!

Pocket Homes

You can click on the pictures on the left to get more views and you can also go to the menu on the right and click on different pocket communities. I think it would be great to live somewhere like that and all the neighbors look after one another.

#192873 - 10/29/09 10:15 PM Re: Where I want to live NOW [Re: ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
JJ these are really great and I too would get one in a heart beat. It doesn't say where they are, what state or states?

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#192883 - 10/30/09 12:25 AM Re: Where I want to live NOW [Re: chatty lady]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Chatty, most of these were built in Washington and Oregon, but they could be built anywhere.

And it's my understanding that they were no fees attached to this pocket neighborhoods and also, you can buy the house plans and have them built anywhere. Neat concept.

#192888 - 10/30/09 09:12 AM Re: Where I want to live NOW [Re: jawjaw]
Mountain Ash Offline

Imagine choosing who could live along side you and creating a wee community from all the people we have worked/lived beside..The mix of skills attitude and care from those friends.
I can think of certain people...and hope some of those would want me beside them too..

#193029 - 11/02/09 01:26 AM Re: Where I want to live NOW [Re: ]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
I don't understand how there can be no fees. Who pays for the common areas, groundskeeping, trash removal, landscaping, etc.? It's almost like condos except that they are houses.

#193156 - 11/04/09 12:54 AM Re: Where I want to live NOW [Re: Louisa]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
I love the Greenwood Cottages.

I want a small 1-story, 2 bedroom, 1-1/2 baths, cottage (1200 sq ft). Can I afford the upkeep? How much do they cost, what are the taxes?

It looks perfect for me. Love it. Are we there yet?
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#193273 - 11/04/09 10:58 PM Re: Where I want to live NOW [Re: Saundra]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
How is this price possible? Am I reading it correctly? They all seem to have lofts and I can't climb those ladders. I love them anyway. This is today's dream and hope:

http://www.rosschapin.com/Plans/Cottage/Egret/Egret.html
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved