The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 172 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#193852 - 11/13/09 02:10 PM Hospitalized
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Just wanted to let everyone know that I was hospitalized for the past 6 days and was released on Wednesday. I'm going to follow up with a partial hospitalization therapy program where I can stay at home, and go to therapy during the day.

The trip to my family and then the trip to the conference was too much for me. It triggered a manic episode that made me really sick. Much sicker than I've ever been. I wasn't sleeping but 2-3 hours a night, my thoughts were out of control, racing, No focus. I basically wanted to crawl out of my skin I was in so much mental pain.

So, I told my therapist and psychiatrist that I wanted to go to the hospital and my psychiatrist checked me in. He adjusted my medications. Tried to help me get some sleep. And slowly brought me back into focus. It took awhile.

I'm not all there yet, but with the outpatient therapy, I'm sure I'll get there with little problem.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#193854 - 11/13/09 03:29 PM Re: Hospitalized [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
Mountain Ash Offline

You will Vicky and meantime know you are treasured

#193855 - 11/13/09 03:45 PM Re: Hospitalized [Re: Mountain Ash]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

thank you. that means so much.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#193856 - 11/13/09 03:54 PM Re: Hospitalized [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
MustangGal
Unregistered

Vicki, you really are a brave woman and I mean that heartfully. You are not alone. Biggest of hugs and prayers to you and your supporters.

#193857 - 11/13/09 03:55 PM Re: Hospitalized [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Thanks for the update. Wishing you continued rest and peace with this journey. I know it's not easy, but I have total faith in you that you will be looking back at this time, having learned more about yourself before too long. Please know I am with you for the journey, caring from a distance.

#193862 - 11/13/09 05:40 PM Re: Hospitalized [Re: Dotsie]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Same here Vicki, and thank you for sharing this journey so that countless others reading the post will know, there is hope and there is a way. You are not only brave, but unselfish in all of your sharing during this difficult time in your life. I keep thinking for you...this too shall pass and you will come out on the other side rested and peaceful.

You are loved. Always know this!

#193863 - 11/13/09 05:44 PM Re: Hospitalized [Re: Dotsie]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

It's definitely a learning experience. I have to learn how to take care of myself first and learn that there are just some things that are going to make me sick and I have to be careful and watchful for them. I have to learn how to say "no".

I have to be aware of my symptoms and when they start occurring to get to the doctor quicker. And, I have to use my coping skills sooner. And, if they don't work, then realize that it's a definite sign to get to the doctor.

Thank you all for your support. I'm so appreciative and feel so loved.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#193865 - 11/13/09 07:01 PM Re: Hospitalized [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
Mountain Ash Offline

This taking care of ourselves..somehow I feel thats something I will do later..when I am grown up.
THEN
I will have the hairdresser do my hair every week..
Be so organised any caller will see an unruffled me.
Always have scones and victoria sponge at the ready for visitors.
Never have spashes of what I have been cooking on my clothing.
Wear my gold earrings and pearls in the afternoon.

#193880 - 11/13/09 11:47 PM Re: Hospitalized [Re: Mountain Ash]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Oh MountainAsh if that were only possible...But unfortunately even as we age we have a tendency to take all our habits with us, bad and good ones; but all the luck to you...

Vicki, I admire you so much because even though you suffer so many bouts with illiness, you manage to pull yourself out and dredge ahead unstopingly. You do have to remind yourself that there are things that upset and damage you and you need to say NO, to those things, thats so right! Your daughter and grandchildren need you, your love and guidance.
I will add you to my prayers and ask God to put his arm around your shoulder just a bit tighter than usual.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#193890 - 11/14/09 12:00 AM Re: Hospitalized [Re: chatty lady]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Gods speed to you, Vicki.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved