The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 146 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#194345 - 11/21/09 05:12 PM Re: Hospitalized [Re: Dee]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Vicki, I know too many people that suffer with this disease. I can only begin to imagine how difficult it is to live with. Bless you, and thank you for sharing.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#194459 - 11/23/09 08:00 PM Re: Hospitalized [Re: Anno]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
EH, Dee, Anno, and all, you're so right. I am so much more. To reach it, that is the struggle. I've communicated so long using the written word that I feel as if a part of me has been sliced away.

EH, your words were beautiful. Thank you.

You've all been a tremendous support and I appreciate it.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#194460 - 11/23/09 08:09 PM Re: Hospitalized [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Just be compassionate with yourself, and keep breathing your way along this dark patch...you will make it through, one trudge-step at a time, though sometimes it will feel like three steps forward, one step back...you already know it's slow going at times, but it's because your mind, body, emotions, heart and soul are on a healing journey that you will eventually look back on as good, even sacred ground. All part of the tapestry our souls are weaving for a purpose we're not aware of yet. Just be compassionate with your self and whatever pace your soul is taking to heal.

(Maya Angelou)

#194528 - 11/24/09 10:35 PM Re: Hospitalized [Re: Eagle Heart]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Thank you, EH. I have to keep reminding myself to be patient with myself. Maybe God silenced this part of my life so that I can concentrate on other areas that I may have been neglecting, hmm?

It's definitely opened my eyes to how much I miss my children and how much I want to have them around me, especially during this holiday season.

and how important friends are in my life. Friends like all of you.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#194607 - 11/25/09 03:40 PM Re: Hospitalized [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Vicky,
I want you to know you're in my prayers and that I've known many women who have gone through breakdowns. I'm glad you have good doctors that you trust. I keep thinking how sensitive women are
and how that must contribute to our nerves tensing up. Our bodies go through so many changes, as our lives change direction
multiple times. I've been through what you're going through and
I know of at least a half dozen other females, from this area,
who've been there, as well. Hang in. Hang on. And as jj has said,
This Too Shall Pass! That and scripture and positive thinking
got me through those rocky patches. Prayers and blessings!

#194632 - 11/25/09 07:11 PM Re: Hospitalized [Re: jabber]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada

Edited by Steve Holmes (06/22/17 06:44 PM)

(Maya Angelou)

#194650 - 11/25/09 08:39 PM Re: Hospitalized [Re: ]
Poppie Offline

Loc: London
Vicki, you know that I am holding you in my heart and thoughts at this tough time. Wasn't too long ago I was posting about similar things. You were one of the amazing woman who allowed me to share even in a strong state of vulnerabilities...and I was cocooned and carried in the forum until I started to cope again.

You will also have the faith to know that you are being carried with love right here.

Big Loves

Poppie
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

#194665 - 11/25/09 11:07 PM Re: Hospitalized [Re: Poppie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Is was so good to hear from you again poppie. I know school keeps you busy but we miss you...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#194697 - 11/26/09 04:39 PM Re: Hospitalized [Re: chatty lady]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
I am missing my dear Poppie too! Sunday? Chat? Please??

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#194749 - 11/28/09 02:39 PM Re: Hospitalized [Re: Anno]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Jabber, EH, Anne, Poppie - Thank you for your thoughts. I appreciate them so much. You touch me so.

EH is right, Bipolar is a chemical imbalance and I have to keep remembering that when I get sick. Something sets off those delicate balances, whatever it may be, and I get sick again. I either go manic (like I did this time) or get depressed.

I'm extremely sensitive to excitement. It can push me into a manic episode in a snap.

Manic, to me, means a very "high" feeling. Talking fast. Racing thoughts (inspirational ideas during the day/horrible what if's about what could happen to my family at night). It could mean a shopping spree. It could mean a spree of any kind (cooking, cleaning, writing, anything creative) It also means not being able to sit still very long, not sleeping enough. It could be kind of fun for a short period of time. I can get get some things done.

and when it gets to the extreme, not sitting still at all, uncontrollable thoughts, racing thoughts (all to the extreme), jumbled thoughts, no sleep at all, no creative spree at all, frustration, headaches - migraines. That's when it gets "Scary" That's when it pushes me toward hospitalization. Where it requires professionals to level my meds under hospitalized care.

That's how it works for me.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved