The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 198 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#194751 - 11/28/09 02:54 PM Re: Hospitalized [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Vicki,thanks for keeping us up to date. Your words are most helpful in helping others understand mental illness. You help us be more compassionate people and compassion is a necessary emotion needed to bridge the gaps between those with and those without mental illness. Are you feeling more balanced these days? I would think the holidays coudl be hard. I'll be thinking of you.

Poppie, sounds like you're experiencing better days. Woohoo!

#194786 - 11/29/09 12:02 AM Re: Hospitalized [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Even though the family had a wonderful Thaqnksgiving I couldn't help but miss my granddaughter-in-law. She and my grandson are getting a divorce due to her actions when her bipolar kicks in. She has a serious case and acts like a mad woman at times. I don't have to live with her I know, so its easy for me to feel sorry for her. She has a disease she certainly didn't ask for. And she loves my grandson so much but she is insanely jealous and when off her meds (says they make her fat) she accuses him of cheating, and slaps him trying to gret him to hit her back (which he never would) so she can call the police. It is so sad but he has to do something before there is an even worse tragedy, shes come after him with a butcher knife a couple of times..

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#194974 - 12/01/09 03:50 PM Re: Hospitalized [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Chatty,
Sorry to hear of your grandson's troubles. That type of situation is so heartbreaking. Your family is in my prayers;
many of us on here need the Lord to intercede with miracles.
Blessings to you and yours,

#195019 - 12/02/09 01:48 AM Re: Hospitalized [Re: jabber]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Dotsie, thanks. You're right. Compassion is a wonderful tool to have when dealing with those with MI.

Chatty, I'm so sorry to hear about your grandson troubles. If only your granddaughter-in-law knew to ask for other BP drugs that were less weight tolerant. That way she might stay on her meds more and create less havoc.

I wish you happy holidays with your family!
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#195174 - 12/05/09 02:35 PM Re: Hospitalized [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
And to you Vicki, happy holidays from all of us; prayers and
blessings and joy!

#207629 - 09/13/10 10:50 AM Re: Hospitalized [Re: jabber]
Poppie Offline

Loc: London
Vicki, I am glad you are out of hospital and getting the support you need.I have just posted in another thread about me being detained in hospital just now, with a realy bad episode. I am so glad I can pop in and see that people who suffer smilar things to me make it through, even though I feel pretty hopeless now and not caring much for change. I am tired and want to be with my Mum.....can't sem to get my head away from the dominating thought. People have been telling me I will bounce back....the trouble with bouncing is the height and hardness of the smack down on the ground...how many should one take before a decision to give up the ghost.
I will pop back if I can post in a better mood.

Poppie
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

#207631 - 09/13/10 12:45 PM Re: Hospitalized [Re: Poppie]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Poppie, I don't know if this helps, but I'm going to write it anyway. Suicidal thinking is very insidious and unrelenting, much like the mythical siren song that used to lure sailors to jump into the ocean. It becomes so insistent and obsessive that we become unable to hear anything else. It makes promises that sound wonderful - peace, an end to the pain, etc, etc. ALL LIES!!! As much as you want to be with your Mum, IT IS NOT TIME YET and it's a lie that suicidal thinking tells you is the only answer. You HAVE to fling truth into those lies, no matter how tired you are. You have to use every ounce of your energy to put this thought in your head...your Mum will be there, you will have all eternity to be with her. But right now, HERE AND LIFE is where she wants you to be, and where you are meant to be. It doesn't look or feel so good now, but fling the truth into the lies that tell you that it will never get better. It will. You will. You need to allow others, meds and your own mind to help you get around the next bend in the road. It's hard work, choosing life, it becomes a 24/7 job, and you feel too tired to work at it. I knnow, I've been there. But I'm telling you, those voices in your head telling you that you belong with your Mum are LYING to you. It's not time to go there yet. Mum and heaven are for later, life is for now. Keep flinging that truth into that noisy place in your head. Even if you don't feel like doing it.

(Maya Angelou)

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved