The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 54 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 10 of 10 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10
Topic Options
#193426 - 11/06/09 09:33 PM Re: Moving mom to the senior home. [Re: Dotsie]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Perhaps we should ALL get together and write a book!

I cannot respond with more at the moment - I feel a long overdue cry coming upon me.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#193454 - 11/07/09 12:49 PM Re: Moving mom to the senior home. [Re: Dotsie]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Dotsie, I feel like we are soul sisters, going through this together.

Anno, I hope my posts didn’t make you cry. I have to tell you, things are better! Chatty is so right with that saying The sqeakiest wheel gets the grease.

The doctor came and dignosed Mom with an urinary tract infection. That can cause confusion and even demence if it gets into the blood stream. The antibiotics are helping. I met a very sweet caretaker yesterday, who confirmed that there are bitxxes in the home,…but there are those who truly care, and she’s one of them. I hugged her and left the senior home with a relieved feeling. She was so sweet.

Anne, the system here is like in the US,… only one head nurse, and the rest of the ladies are caretakers. Yes, Lola, I’m logging. And I am just confirming here, if you do have problems and are not satisfied with the care, then squeak squeak squeak.

#193465 - 11/07/09 06:39 PM Re: Moving mom to the senior home. [Re: Edelweiss3]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
So glad that you are paddling for your mom..and getting some improved care that she needs a great deal.

Dotsie, that is awful about the eye condition that your hubby was able to diagnose and provide a relatively easy solution that the nursing home should have treated immediately. I'm sorry now to hear about the increased costs re nursing home.

#193513 - 11/08/09 06:44 PM Re: Moving mom to the senior home. [Re: orchid]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
EW, urinary tract infections can do crazy things to the elderly. Glad they figured out what it was.

Many of the caretakers are very sweet, but sometimes we hear them being a bit short with the residents. They talk to them like they're in their right minds, but they aren't.

We're there a lot, and drop in at odd times. We keep them on their toes.

#194025 - 11/16/09 07:02 PM Re: Moving mom to the senior home. [Re: Edelweiss3]
LGood67334 Offline

Loc: California
I know this has been here a long time. I hope Mom is doing well in the new place and that life is returning to normal for you. I'm glad you have a support system.

Lynn
www.writeradvice.com
Author of You Want Me to Do WHAT? Journaling for Caregivers

#194136 - 11/17/09 08:50 PM Re: Moving mom to the senior home. [Re: ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Less and less young women opt to become nurses and more and more men who can't become or afford to become doctors are studying nursing. Strange!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

Page 10 of 10 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved