The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 95 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
#195142 - 12/04/09 09:29 PM Wonder why
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Have been here on forums for nearly 2 years. The number of regular contributing BWS on this forum feels actually quite small. I see the same folks ..nothing wrong. Others have dropped out or just not posting.

I realize people get busy, new interests, new real friends. But there must be other reasons. Also some who have dropped out, have indicated to us why. (and unfortunately some of these folks would have been great for more diverse opinions).

It might be useful learn why the circle of regular posters has not expanded whole lot.

#195159 - 12/05/09 02:37 AM Re: Wonder why [Re: orchid]
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
I have come and gone so much for a long period of time. When I am not posting for that period of time, I am not posting anywhere. This has to do with my schedule and being on the computer all day. When I come home, I really do not feel like going on the computer. I will do the basics and check email, but that is it.

I would prefer to post more often on BWS. It is very time consuming because I preview my posts and edit it several times. I have this fear of coming off as an illiterate imebecile.

I don't know if this helps or not, but I wanted to at least explain my periodic absences.

Cheers,
Cathi

#195162 - 12/05/09 04:21 AM Re: Wonder why [Re: Wisdom&Life]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I come here everyday, several times a day. If there are threads I feel drawn to respond to, I do. Quite often lately, many discussions involve American policies and politics and being neither American or politically inclined, I can't contribute anything to those discussions. But I have never stopped coming, and I continue to carry my Boomer sisters in my heart and prayer.

Another facet for me is that BWS used to have a greater diversity of discussion, a lot more laughter and light-hearted sisterhood. We went through a period of great upheaval and discord here, where many were hurt and when they tried to voice that hurt, some of the responses were unkind and further alienating. That abrupt and extended aggression and discord made many of us feel uncomfortable here (remember the term "tea party gals"?) I missed the laughter, grieved for the former gentle atmosphere and did what I always do when confronted with unkindness, I retreated and found solace in other activities. That might be hard to hear, but IMO, it's going to be a common explanation for the absence of many of my other "tea party" sisters.

But I've never given up, am here faithfully throughout the day, although not as vocal as before. But this will always be "home base" for me.

(Maya Angelou)

#195166 - 12/05/09 11:24 AM Re: Wonder why [Re: Eagle Heart]
Mountain Ash Offline

I do not add something to every post.
That does not mean I dont care..it can be that I have no expertise to add.I send PM;'s to some friends.

I read with interest what others post..In any relationship there are stages...and a honeymoon stage.I observe it happens here.

I also have retreated Eagle...but never from those who showed kindness like you do..

#195220 - 12/06/09 12:18 AM Re: Wonder why [Re: ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I believe this forum is like anything else; people here often sometimes begin to take the atmosphere we share here of kindness and sisterhood for granted, until traveling to other forums, even Facebook, where the atmosphere is not always kind and understanding.

As the old saying goes; To each his own! Or in this case, To each HER own!

Oh and if it ain't broken, don't try and fix it...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#195225 - 12/06/09 12:42 AM Re: Wonder why [Re: chatty lady]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
Like Anne, sometimes I don't fit into the converstaions because I'm single, no kids, and no family to speak of. Sometimes I don't want to cover another post. Sometimes I still don't know where to post something.

Often, my boomer sisters are so eloquent there's nothing left to say...

Sometimes I'm frustrated because of all of the above and even though I'm here looking, I don't post. When I'm away for a longer period of time, it's because I have too much pain to sit at the computer.

This has been a wonderful experience for me and I miss you all when I'm not here.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#195227 - 12/06/09 12:48 AM Re: Wonder why [Re: chatty lady]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
You know, I was thinking about this today, and think there might be another facet to this...many women have come here hurt and broken, directionless, weary and worn. Is it not possible that many have found healing and restoration here to the point of being able to get back out there and live their lives in new and more enriching ways because of having spent time here? I know it's partly truth for me...I'm able to get out and about and enjoy other activities because of the healing, love and support that I found here...that's a GOOD thing!! I arrived here broken and utterly incapable of functioning "out there". Now I'm healthy, happy, empowered, grateful and enjoying life (though still working through some social anxiety, but it's not nearly as severe as before).

So it's possible that we've healed people back into their lives, and that they, in turn, are paying forward to others in their lives the enrichment and empowerment they found here.

(Maya Angelou)

#195230 - 12/06/09 01:07 AM Re: Wonder why [Re: Eagle Heart]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
What an excellent observation Sharon. Once healed these same women are probably out more now enjoying their lives and that is a good thing. I believe you may have hit on something. Oh and like yourself that was once wounded and insecure, just look at you now, out there sharing and helping other women heal and you know what I mean.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#195246 - 12/06/09 05:57 PM Re: Wonder why [Re: chatty lady]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
I have hung around here, off and on for several years now. Sometimes I have the time to be here, other times I do not. I do know, that when I am gone for a long period of time, it's more difficult to jump into an on-going discussion. But that doesn't mean I do not read them.

I used to be really good about greeting new-comers, but since I am here so sporadically, I have not been doing that lately.

I always feel comfortable here. I miss some of the gals that used to post often, but (in my imagination) I suppose some people might miss me some of the time.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#195251 - 12/06/09 09:31 PM Re: Wonder why [Re: Anno]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I miss you, Annie!

Sometimes, life just gets in the way or your husband retires and you have to wrestle him for the computer!

Boomer Queen of Shoes

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... 9 10 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved