The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 209 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#195380 - 12/08/09 02:08 AM Re: Mothers [Re: Di]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Anno, I always loved Mom, but it wasn't until I was in my 20s that I began to admire her for her love of family.

Di, interesting, and what a tribute to her after all these years.

#195467 - 12/08/09 11:38 PM Re: Mothers [Re: ]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Thanks for that answer Di. I am sure that the impact of loosing a parent while you are so young is quite different than my own. Thanks for the perspective.

Anne, so do you feel abandonned? Dennis parents died when he was young, and he feels that way at times.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#196061 - 12/17/09 02:03 AM Re: Mothers [Re: ]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Anne, this last post of yours is especially heart-wrenching. I hope your good deeds and kind acts are richly rewarded. xxoo

#196123 - 12/18/09 01:05 AM Re: Mothers [Re: ]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Anne, I totally agree with you. The way that my grandmother got to live to 102 in her own home was due to money to pay for what she needed at the time, including 24/7 home health care.

#196141 - 12/18/09 05:50 PM Re: Mothers [Re: Princess Lenora]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

I think all of this watching our parent's generation failing is really awakening our generation to what may possibly lie ahead. We may think we have control over it by exercising, eating well, taking supplements, etc, but I'm sure we all know people who have done the same and ended up suffering with some ridiculous disease. Anything can happen to any of us at any time. Pretty freaky to think about. I prefer not to go there. One day at a time. But we still have to financially prepare as best we can.

#196695 - 12/29/09 02:48 PM Re: Mothers [Re: ]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
I had three mothers. My birth mom left me when I was 25 months old. My adoptive mom raised me and I love her for all her hard work, her giving spirit, and the lessons imparted. My spiritual mom polished my soul with Godly strength and scripture. All 3 moms left a part of themselves in my being. 2 R dead; 1 is dying.

Edited by jabber (12/29/09 08:24 PM)

#196724 - 12/29/09 06:35 PM Re: Mothers [Re: jabber]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Anne, it will also get worse because boomer's kids are spread all over the country/world. I don't know why but it seems unfair when soemone who takes care of themselves ends up suffering, then the person who smoked and drank lives on. But life isn't fair. Don't we all know that by now?

jabber, thanks for sharing so openly about your moms. Love the fact that you have a spiritual mom. Would be n eat for us to be that spiritual mom to others.

#196731 - 12/29/09 08:21 PM Re: Mothers [Re: Dotsie]
jabber Offline

That's how it is with my spiritual mom: She never smoked, drugged, or indulged in alcohol. Now she's in a facility with alcoholics and younger folks sickened by nicotine. She's suffering. And other residents continue smoking and abusing themselves with whatever they can get their hands on.

#196732 - 12/29/09 08:29 PM Re: Mothers [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Anne,
I cared 4 my adoptive parents; my birth mom; WB's dad; and now
I've WB's mom depending on me. U R so right; if married, you'd
probably have 2 more depending on U!

#196881 - 01/01/10 07:32 PM Re: Mothers [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

About mom. The adoptive mom who raised me, was intelligent but
only went through high school. She was friendly, fun, loving, caring, and extremely frugal. Her mom was all those things, too. Both of 'em complained about nothing, badmouthed nobody, and loved the little things in life, like: birds, scenery, warm breezes, small streams, big waterfalls. They were hardworking and honest! And I'm so grateful they adopted me.

My adoptive mom & dad and maternal grandparents lived through the Great Depression and were 4 of the greatest people to ever
walk the earth. God blessed my life beyond expression, having
lived with and known such awesome humans!!!!

Edited by jabber (01/02/10 02:08 PM)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved