The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 58 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 7 of 10 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#196268 - 12/20/09 02:06 PM Re: Wonder why [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Understanding and love make fantastic soothing syrup!

#196374 - 12/22/09 08:29 PM Re: Wonder why [Re: Dianne]
MustangGal
Unregistered

Dianne, why would you publish such a thing, knowing that the lady was here at this site.

Edited by MustangGal (12/22/09 08:34 PM)

#196561 - 12/26/09 11:13 PM Re: Wonder why [Re: ]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Princess Lenora, I do have a laptop but it isn't hooked up to the Internet and we are cable, not wireless. I use my laptop for writing.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#196689 - 12/29/09 02:33 PM Re: Wonder why [Re: Dianne]
jabber Offline

orchid,
I don't think 2705 members is all that small! That's a lot of folks. And members here have discussed every subject there is
to hash over.

#196911 - 01/02/10 01:17 AM Re: Wonder why [Re: jabber]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
That would be lots of folks if they all were active posting members, but alas, less than a quarter of them post anymore at all. Their loss!!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#196962 - 01/02/10 02:29 PM Re: Wonder why [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

I don't know why anybody stops posting. This is such a supportive site. And who doesn't need support in this ole world?
You're right. It's their loss!

#197007 - 01/03/10 03:08 AM Re: Wonder why [Re: orchid]
NYWoman Offline

Loc: California
For the most part, my experience here at BWS has been positive. On the other hand, I often feel uncomfortable posting a new topic or responding to an ongoing discussion. Why? I feel intimidated by some and also like I am an outsider. Several of you long-timers have developed close relationships and have met IRL. I believe it's difficult for someone new to feel welcomed into, what could be perceived as, the inner circle.

I've also seen how heated some discussions can get here at BWS with harsh words being written. Perhaps that is why some women have moved on from BWS.

These are just my thoughts, for what they're worth.

#197016 - 01/03/10 03:32 PM Re: Wonder why [Re: NYWoman]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
NYWOMAN: I haven't met you yet but was wondering how a ny woman came to live in CA! I love both states!

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#197022 - 01/03/10 04:36 PM Re: Wonder why [Re: NYWoman]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Originally Posted By: NYWoman
For the most part, my experience here at BWS has been positive. On the other hand, I often feel uncomfortable posting a new topic or responding to an ongoing discussion. Why? I feel intimidated by some and also like I am an outsider. Several of you long-timers have developed close relationships and have met IRL. I believe it's difficult for someone new to feel welcomed into, what could be perceived as, the inner circle.

I've also seen how heated some discussions can get here at BWS with harsh words being written. Perhaps that is why some women have moved on from BWS.

These are just my thoughts, for what they're worth.

The more you participate here ,the easier it is for people to respond to you. smile I had a brief browse through your blog. I sense I'm viewing info. about things that interest you, but not clear who you are.

#197024 - 01/03/10 04:55 PM Re: Wonder why [Re: orchid]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
NY Woman, I've encountered the same thing (harshness, intimidation) here at times. It always sends me into hibernation for awhile, but fortunately, there is more kindness and love here than harsh words to keep me coming back. I also come more to give comfort and support back now than to seek it...which is not only a nice change, but evidence of the healing power of this place and these women, for it's the love I've experienced here which has healed me to be able to come and pay love forward to others. There will always be risk when sharing our hearts in such an open public forum, but for me, the risks have all been worth it.

(Maya Angelou)

Page 7 of 10 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved