The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 176 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#196681 - 12/29/09 01:47 PM Re: Are You a Dog or Cat Person? [Re: Dianne]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Dianne,
There are some interesting names in that group. Never heard of
a dog named Fool or Gym. Maggie is a beauty. These Greyhounds are
such sweet animals.

#196682 - 12/29/09 01:49 PM Re: Are You a Dog or Cat Person? [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
There's a Greyhoud rescue association around here somewhere.
They have a tent at the county fair every year. The dogs I've
seen adopted, seem to adjust okay to house envirnoments. But
I've only seen a few that were transitioned.

#196698 - 12/29/09 03:30 PM Re: Are You a Dog or Cat Person? [Re: jabber]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Max was home trained before we got him. Gads, he just sleeps, eats and goes outside. He's very strong and I might get in shape walking him.

Chatty, I'm watching him like a hawk. If Sammie is on her perch, he's muzzled and usually in the office sleeping. My crazy bird...if Max even looks at her I tell him no but Sammie is in her cage saying, "Come here--get over here right now--and whistling. I think Max might be somewhat confused...ha!

Their names are usuallly a shorter version of their racing names. You can also check their track record. Max did most of his racing in west virginia and placed second a few times so it appears they moved him to AZ to see if he'd do better in a different location. All I know is his hind quarters are nothing but huge muscles!

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#196746 - 12/30/09 12:23 AM Re: Are You a Dog or Cat Person? [Re: Dianne]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
What made you decide to get such a large dog? Is it due to the many home invasions in Phoenix? He would make eight of Diz in size. I can amlost hear Sammie now screeching her commands to Max. Too funny!!!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#196779 - 12/30/09 04:42 PM Re: Are You a Dog or Cat Person? [Re: chatty lady]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

This morning, Max was sniffing the trash can and Sammie, in a very deep voice, said, "No" and Max minded her. He came into the family room and she told him to lay down and he did.

I've always loved Greyhounds, Chatty. I love their sweetness and it breaks my heart that they found so many of them in the desert, shot in the head because they weren't winning money for the owners. Hundreds of them. Isn't that awful?

Their nature is like Diz's was.

They don't bark so aren't considered watch dogs but I will tell you that yesterday, I was walking out the front door with Max and I had his muzzle on him, which makes him look very dangerous and there was this Hispanic guy driving by very slowly. That's what they do--cruise neighborhoods looking for open garage doors or casing houses to rob at night. Anyway, I glared at the guy and there was Max, looking like a kill dog and the guy left the neighborhood quite fast!

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#196785 - 12/30/09 07:04 PM Re: Are You a Dog or Cat Person? [Re: Dianne]
P.J. Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
I LOVE that about Sammie and Max! That guy is lucky to have you. It's gorgeous here today so I am about to take my own two mutt-babies for a long walk. Mine drive me goofy sometimes but I cannot imagine a life without dogs! (Love cats, too!)

#196920 - 01/02/10 01:43 AM Re: Are You a Dog or Cat Person? [Re: P.J.]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Dianne are you going to restart your blog Narrow Dog using Max? I loved that blog...

#196979 - 01/02/10 06:10 PM Re: Are You a Dog or Cat Person? [Re: chatty lady]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

When Diz died it took the wind out of my sail so I haven't felt quite ready to start it up again. Someone told me I should write a book titled: Sammie and the Greyhounds...LOL! Thanks for the comment, Chatty.

I'm taking Max to a meet and greet at Petsmart today. I'll have his muzzle on him so he'll look very menacing and nobody will want to adopt him and he can stay with us. We're quite smitten with him

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#196998 - 01/03/10 12:07 AM Re: Are You a Dog or Cat Person? [Re: Dianne]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

And why can't he stay with you???? Have you offered to adopt him? If you're a trusted enough family to foster animals, that means you more than meet the criteria for adopting as well. I know from being a foster and adoptive home for years...

#197017 - 01/03/10 03:37 PM Re: Are You a Dog or Cat Person? [Re: chatty lady]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

I have to play this right with the husband. His heart was broken over Diz and he said he never wanted to go through that pain again so I'm just letting him fall in love with Max, which has already happened. David never had pets as a child because his mother was asthmatic so he isn't used to losing critters...ok, who ever gets used to it? Don't worry--I'll have first say and if anyone wants to adopt Max, I'll do it. He's already so much of our family. My grandkids met him and fell in love. He's mine.

I'm in a marriage and the husband has 50% of the say too.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved