The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 159 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#198356 - 01/22/10 09:32 PM Re: Is It Everywhere? [Re: Edelweiss3]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Chatty, this has been going on for quite some time, so of course it is wearing on you. You have an authentic self that is not what he is placing upon you. You are better off taking in stray animals than that stray ex. He is toxic to your spiritual self. How can you have personal growth when he is creating the environment of toxicity? You are so important. You are losing your time on earth to him. You, you you dear know this. I know you know. Yes, haul his sorry a** to the YMCA. Free your self, your inner self. xxoo Lynn

#198713 - 01/29/10 04:30 AM Re: Is It Everywhere? [Re: Princess Lenora]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
Chatty, Enough is enough. He has no right to do this to you. You are enabling him. You know that. I agree with JJ. You were good enough to take him in and give him a roof over his useless head. I can understand you wanted to help him, but he doesn't appreciate it nor does he deserve your kindness. He's done nothing but expect you to take care of him. He's an ungrateful SOB. I'm surprised you're putting up with him yelling at the dogs. Pack up his stuff and put it by the door. Call him a cab and send him to the Y. If he threatens to do harm to himself that's his problem. You are not married to him anymore and you are not responsible for him or his happiness.

#198725 - 01/29/10 02:59 PM Re: Is It Everywhere? [Re: Louisa]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Las Vegas Rescue Mission - 46 beds for men:

http://www.vegasrescue.org/Services/Shelter

Or go to this link and scroll down for a list of shelters:

http://www.homelessshelterdirectory.org/cgi-bin/id/city.cgi?city=Las%20Vegas&state=NV

#199169 - 02/05/10 09:01 PM Re: Is It Everywhere? [Re: Dotsie]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Chatty,
Starting now, you're going on my prayer list. That ex of yours
was supposed to move out by 1/1/10! Evict him; he's ruining your life and that's not fair. Take [care] of you; Chats that
was supposed to say "care"! Prayers and blessings,

Edited by jabber (02/07/10 10:30 PM)

#199618 - 02/14/10 06:33 PM Re: Is It Everywhere? [Re: jabber]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Chatty...where are you and your ex now? Has he moved out yet?

#200235 - 02/28/10 02:18 AM Re: Is It Everywhere? [Re: Dee]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
He and I had a very loooong and serious talk and he is trying to do things the way I want him to. He has been giving me money every week from his unemployment to put away for him to buy a used car, it adds up fast that way because he can't hang on to a dime by himself. He also comes up with $700.00 once a month on the first for the space rent. He has been helping around the house, I haven't touched a dirty dishy in weeks. We split the grocery costs we share, or pay for our own stuff. We like different foods. Once he has his car he can then look for an apartment. You really can't get around in Vegas without a car. I am willing to be patient as long as he doesn't tick me off...
So far, so good!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#200247 - 02/28/10 02:22 PM Re: Is It Everywhere? [Re: chatty lady]
MustangGal
Unregistered

Does Las Vegas not have public transportation? Does unemployment actually pay enough for him to give you $700 mth for rent and who is paying your fees for saving his money? Can he not open his own banking account?

#200475 - 03/05/10 01:03 AM Re: Is It Everywhere? [Re: ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Yes but we live way out and the bus stops a couple of miles from here. We actually have beautiful, modern buses but they are all around in the city, we are out of city limits.

He had a good job he lost and yes he gets a nice sum every month from unemployment, enough for the space rent, his food and to save for his car with pocket money to spend. He has his own bank accounts (2) but he can't or won't hang on to a dime long enough for them to add up. He hands me the cash and it goes into my safe. No fee's! Once he has enough for a good used car "WE" will go looking for one. I am going because he can't be trusted not to buy a clunker, or be talked into something he can't afford, thats why he lost his last car. The salesmen see him coming...

#200496 - 03/05/10 03:42 PM Re: Is It Everywhere? [Re: chatty lady]
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
You know this sounds just like you. Helping others to get on with their lives. Chatty I've got to hand it to you - you're a good woman to allow your ex to live with you and help him find another place to live. Most people would just say, "Tough luck buster."
You know blessings follow those who help others.
www.tidedancer.com

#200531 - 03/06/10 01:08 AM Re: Is It Everywhere? [Re: Sandpiper]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Thank you Sandpiper, I could use some good luck about now.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved