The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 194 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#199879 - 02/20/10 12:31 AM Re: Lenten Season [Re: AvalonBlondi]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Awhile ago I got an email from Eagle saying they were leaving soon for Cuba and to please hold her emails until she returns in March. I hope all is going well for her and her friends in Cuba but will be relieved and happy to see her back in our cyber family once more.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#199891 - 02/20/10 04:29 AM Re: Lenten Season [Re: chatty lady]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
I like the idea of making a commitment to dedicate a thoughtful note to someone special every day during Lent. I printed the prayer too. I went to 9 years of Catholic school, I either missed or forgot that prayer. I think it must not be exclusive to Catholic. I call myself a recovering Catholic. It is so refreshing to see from Lola and others that the religion is alive in hearts and souls. When I went back to my Catholic grade school and church 4 years ago for my nephew's funeral, and last year for my Grandmother's funeral, I was surprised that I did not enter the Church with the trepidation of my youth. It felt like home. I was moved by this discussion that Lola initiated. Thank you.

Edited by Princess Lenora (02/20/10 04:40 AM)

#199915 - 02/21/10 11:13 AM Re: Lenten Season [Re: Princess Lenora]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Lynn, I assure you of outstretched hands as you revisit and recapture your Catholic faith. Your personal walk with Him will be supported in prayer and worship throughout. Welcome home.

#199933 - 02/22/10 01:53 AM Re: Lenten Season [Re: Lola]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Lynn, I absolutely agree with Lola. Any time soemone chooses to revisit or begin anew with thier Lord, He is there with open arms. It reminds me of when a parent and child expereince a tiff. When the child comes back, we are there with open arms. He wants our best, just like we desire the best for our children.

#201696 - 03/31/10 02:59 PM Lenten Retreat [Re: Dotsie]
Lola Offline

I'm off for my annual retreat at cloisters from tonight and carry all of you in thoughts and prayers. God bless.

#201704 - 03/31/10 06:21 PM Re: Lenten Retreat [Re: Lola]
Mountain Ash Offline

And you Lola..will be at Good Friday service in the evening..then Sunday..will think about you at your retreat

#201710 - 03/31/10 09:10 PM Re: Lenten Retreat [Re: Mountain Ash]
Lola Offline

Thank you, MA. I am leaving shortly and I just want to share another reflection as Lent ends and the Triduum begins:

"Leo Tolstoi, the Russian writer, tells in a short story of a harsh sovereign who asked his priests and sages to show him God so that he might see him. The wise men were unable to satisfy his desire.

Then a shepherd, who was just coming in from the fields, volunteered to take on the task of the priests and sages. From him the King learned that his eyes were not good enough to see God. Then, however, he wanted to know at least what God does. "To be able to answer your question", the shepherd said to the King, "we must exchange our clothes".

Somewhat hesitant but impelled by curiosity about the information he was expecting, the King consented; he gave the shepherd his royal robes and had himself dressed in the simple clothes of the poor man.

Then came the answer: "This is what God does".

#201727 - 04/01/10 08:31 AM Re: Lenten Retreat [Re: Lola]
Mountain Ash Offline

And did he wear the shoes
humble that they be

so that he may walk
in the steps of another

that is the secret
of my God's love

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved