The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 166 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#200304 - 03/01/10 07:29 PM Re: Boomerangs [Re: Dotsie]
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
There really is alot to be said for "the good old Days" smile

People may not remember exactly what you said or what you did...but they will always remember how you made them feel

#200368 - 03/03/10 01:34 AM Re: Boomerangs [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Today my son David spent the entire day with me. He wanted some recipes and direction in making cabbage and noodles, stuff peppers and my goulash. He loves to cook and the other guys love to eat so it works out well. He also got the recipe for stuffed mushrooms, it seems he has a new friend and he is cooking dinner for "her" tonight. Off with the old, on with the new I guess...I wish he'd move in here with me, we have so much fun together.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#200377 - 03/03/10 03:00 AM Re: Boomerangs [Re: chatty lady]
DreamrKate Offline

Loc: California
No, no, no..... resist the urge Mommy! Give him the recipes and live vicariously through him. It's good for both of you.

"Life was not given just to be happy, but to matter. Let me walk in that today." ~Kate

www.dreamrkate.blogspot.com
http://www.DreamrKate.etsy.com/

#200382 - 03/03/10 12:28 PM Re: Boomerangs [Re: DreamrKate]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
chatty, so you've turned your grandson in to a cook. Way to go girl.

#200415 - 03/03/10 11:09 PM Re: Boomerangs [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Dotsie, my SON is David and he was the one visiting me who loves to cook, not my grandson, his name is Jared and he David and Rolland (my ex DIL's brother) share a house. There is also Jason he's the youngest grandson, he is in the Marines now. Kind of confusing isn't it?

#200418 - 03/03/10 11:24 PM Re: Boomerangs [Re: chatty lady]
AvalonBlondi Offline

I love that your son came over to your house to learn to cook Chatty...I am looking at that picture in my head and it really makes me smile...how on earth did he decide on a recipe though? You have so many great ones to share.

You could be the Paula Dean of Las Vegas and give cooking lessons to all of the eligible bachelors...I'll bet the Food Network would pick up on that idea in a flash with you as the star..:)

People may not remember exactly what you said or what you did...but they will always remember how you made them feel

#200420 - 03/03/10 11:38 PM Re: Boomerangs [Re: AvalonBlondi]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

You are too kind Blondi but I do like your idea, bachelors, hummmm!!!

My son already is a darn a good cook. He came over now that he is single again and is the one cooking for himself, his stepson and BIL. The recipes he chose were his personal favorites and he wanted to make sure he did them exactlky the way I do them. I gave him a copy of my cookbook to get family favorite recipes from. He is such a doll and now that he is single is fighting off an array of women, geesh!!! He says he isn't planning to get serious and wants to remain single but still wants me to meet the new girls to see what I think of them. That's```my```boy!

#200462 - 03/04/10 06:01 PM Re: Boomerangs [Re: chatty lady]
AvalonBlondi Offline

awwwwwwwwww...your son sounds like a treasure Chatty!!

My son is my my oldest child...the other 3 are girls...I love all of my kids, but there is just something special about the connection I have with my boy.

#200467 - 03/05/10 12:18 AM Re: Boomerangs [Re: AvalonBlondi]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

MY son not only cooks and does it well but my DIL never had to make dinner or do laundry. He got home before her, had dinner started and the wash either started or done. He mopped floors, cleaned windows and even ironed on occasion. He is a clean freaks just like (me) his mother... Now that they are apart my DIL told her daughter she really misses all the stuff he did she took for granted all the years they were together. He never cheated on her either, and they were very active in their church.

I don't understand her wanting her freedom to run around with the girls she worked with. She did as she pleased even took vacations with her friends, so what the heck is she complaining about? I say 'worked with' because she lost her job about a month ago when a new b-witch of a supervisor replaced her boss. Her old boss helped her file a wrongful termination suit which she is waiting to hear about. So now my ex DIL and my son are done, and her so called girlfriends don't even call her. What a mess!!! Plus now it seems some little cutsie is trying to get her claws into my son. He's known her casually for several years, shes a friend my ex DIL that always envied her having such a good man, so now she is staking her claim and my son is having a grand old time. I know I am his mother but YES, this son is and has always been a treasure to me. My other son is 'crap' with a capital 'S.'
See, I tell it like it is no matter what!!!

#200501 - 03/05/10 04:02 PM Re: Boomerangs [Re: AvalonBlondi]
Anne-MarieH Offline

Loc: Canada
I have a 20 year old living at home. She will graduate from university in the spring of 2011 and plan to move to another city to complete her degree. It should be interesting to see her manage her own place. Her room here looks like a pig's sty.
I'll miss her, but I won't miss the never ending pile of clean clothes in the laundryroom that never get put away.

It should also be intereting to see how she defines "there's nothing to eat in this house" when she has to buy groceries and prepare her own meals. Yes, it should be quite a learning experience for her but I'm sure she'll manage just fine.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved