The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 145 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#195362 - 12/07/09 10:42 PM Natalie Caine´s Empty Nest Support
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
I just found her site thru our NABBW site. I checked it out briefly..and found her site to be so filled with warmth and understanding (because she is going thru it herself) and lots and lots of practical ideas that are actually doable..not off the charts, so to speak. I just wanted to recommend her to anyone who is having a tough time during this season of holidays and more holidays and even more holidays. It IS a time of magic..but it CAN be painful at times too..if you´ve been a mom for 40 yrs and now..well, they really ARE gone. Yes, I have grandchildren..but at the moment their mom..my daughter, is angry with me..so we have no contact. I am mother of 5...adult children.

This empty nest business affects me in ways that I am not always prepared for..and it spills into parts of my life that I never thought it would. And Natalie..well, she "sees" and "feels" and puts into words thoughts that I have..but haven´t been able to put together..if that makes any sense??

Natalie´s site is really soothing and helpful.. She speaks to your heart of hearts..she really does.

smile

#195375 - 12/08/09 01:57 AM Re: Natalie Caine´s Empty Nest Support [Re: humlan]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
humlan, thanks for taking advantage of what she has to offer. Hopefully you've seen all her articles at www.nabbw.com.

When I launched the NABBW, she was the only woman addressing what I was going through. I also appreciate her because she's going through it too, as you mentioned.

#200725 - 03/10/10 07:04 PM Re: Natalie Caine´s Empty Nest Support [Re: Dotsie]
DrSuz Offline

Loc: Maine and Massachusetts
I also find Natalie's comments to be supportive and to resonate. Most of us were not prepared for either 1) having our nests empty, or 2) having them fill up again, either literally with children moving back home, or figuratively with the many needs our kids still have.
Parenting 20-Somethings Blog

#200739 - 03/10/10 11:58 PM Re: Natalie Caine´s Empty Nest Support [Re: DrSuz]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I always said my home had a revolving door. My son first left to enter the Marines then was given a medical discharge due to his very bad knee. Then he moved in with a girl and came home again when they broke up a year later. He got married and nearly 20 years later seperated BUT didn't come home this time because the ex is still here so he got a place with two other guys. I just figure as long as I have a roof over my head my sons will have a place with me if they want it. I am forever taking in strays, animals, and people as well.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#200763 - 03/11/10 12:57 PM Re: Natalie Caine´s Empty Nest Support [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

DrSuz, welcome. Many boomers are also welcoming their parents into their nests!

#200764 - 03/11/10 12:58 PM Re: Natalie Caine´s Empty Nest Support [Re: Dotsie]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

chatty, though it would be fun for you to have your son home at this time in his life, and I'm sure he'd probably enjoy being cared for, it's probably best that he's with his friends.

#200803 - 03/12/10 12:48 AM Re: Natalie Caine´s Empty Nest Support [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
You are probably right Dotsie and I honestly doubt at this stage in is life he would move back home, unless he or I were ill and needed help. His ex BIL to be and his stepson are the best two guys he could possibly be sharing a home with. They get along really well and have similar interests, Harleys, their bike club and food!!!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#203125 - 05/05/10 10:27 PM Re: Natalie Caine´s Empty Nest Support [Re: chatty lady]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Any thoughts people want to share on how to handle special days like the upcoming Mother's Day when you are an empty nester?

Even though I know my daughter will call and my son will most likely forget to call, I still have a hard time with this day...

My husband always wants to take me out to a Mother's Day brunch, but even that can be tough. Especially if you go to a place where there are a lot of big family groups.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#203126 - 05/05/10 10:29 PM Re: Natalie Caine´s Empty Nest Support [Re: humlan]
Boomer in Chief

Hi humlan,

Yes, I agree about Natalie. So happy she is one of our contributing experts.

Anne
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#203128 - 05/05/10 10:35 PM Re: Natalie Caine´s Empty Nest Support [Re: DrSuz]
Boomer in Chief

Welcome, DrSuz,

I have been a fan of your blog, so it's a real treat to see you have joined us here. For those of you who aren't familiar with it, DrSuz writes the fabulous Parenting 20-Somethings Blog

And as my youngest is still in his 20s for one more year, I am a fan.

Check it out!

Anne
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved