The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 152 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#201787 - 04/02/10 08:22 PM Re: BWS'ers unite... [Re: Eagle Heart]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Sharon you are such an Angel...So wise and loving to everyone.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#201807 - 04/03/10 03:54 AM Re: BWS'ers unite... [Re: chatty lady]
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
I sometimes have gotten my feelings hurt when I post and I feel ignored...I too feel lonely and come here to find companionship and comfort...I guess that is the downside of having cyber relationships.

People may not remember exactly what you said or what you did...but they will always remember how you made them feel

#201813 - 04/03/10 02:27 PM Re: BWS'ers unite... [Re: AvalonBlondi]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Avalon, yes that one part of cyber friends - they are there when they want to be. It's not about anyone of us, it's the nature of the friendship.

Sorry you have had your feelings hurt. I think most of us have felt ignore at some time or other. Please do not take it personally.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#201826 - 04/03/10 07:55 PM Re: BWS'ers unite... [Re: Anno]
Mountain Ash Offline

Joanne Harris the author has studied virtual friendships..
her quote
"These online communities have people who fall out bitterly.people who ignore each other.or confide in ways they don't even confide to their best friends in real life"

she writes that she spent too much time on line hanging about various sites and searching out even more ingenious ways of evading reality.her words not mine

from her visiting several communities (sites) ignognitio she has written a book..a dark pyscological thriller..

only time and research will allow many to make an assesment.
I agree with Joanne Harris..people do ignore each other..

look out for her book..Blue eyed boy.

#201828 - 04/04/10 07:17 AM Re: BWS'ers unite... [Re: Mountain Ash]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
When visiting on line sites, I don’t do it to avoid reality at all. It’s reality that I find pleasure in communicating with people all around the world. As a child, I used to have many pen pals. Communicating in the written form has always been a part of me.

I admit, I spend too much time on-line. But what is the alternative? Watching boring TV programs? Reading another book? At least I have feed back here, and as long as I find pleasure in it, then I don’t want to give it up.

This afternoon we will have 15 people over for an Easter dinner and a Easter egg hunt for the little ones.. I’ve been preparing days ahead, but still have time to check out the site, and see what’s new. It’s my relaxation time.

As far as ignoring others;…if I have, it was never my intention. I usually don’t answer more than 4 posts/ day. It is truly a time factor. Maybe we should all do what Chatty does; first check under “Active Topics” , then “Unanswered Posts”. That way no one is left out. Just a thought.

Happy Easter everyone!

#201875 - 04/05/10 02:49 AM Re: BWS'ers unite... [Re: Edelweiss3]
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
Hmm.. I didn't know there was a place called, "Unanswered posts" we could go to. See, by stopping by tonight I found out something new. I'm here a lot but don't always post. Just read the threads that interest me and move on if I don't have anything to add. I love all of you friends here and hope I've not left someone friendless or lonely by my not posting.
Blessings all.
www.tidedancer.com

#201893 - 04/05/10 01:19 PM Re: BWS'ers unite... [Re: Sandpiper]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I think Chatty was simply asking where everybody was...and if anyone would like to come out and play.

I don't belive anyone here intentionally ignores anyone, and as Sandpiper says, some of us simply reply to posts that speak to us or hold an interest...then move on.

This is not, nor should it be, a place where you are obligated...OBLIGATED...to post, or leave comments.

Think of it as a home where you are visiting good friends.

Also, while we're discussing "things," NO ONE IS INTENTIONALLY COVERING UP POSTS. There is no such thing. Just because you may have posted in a section, this doesn't give you squatters rights until the post gets old and gray. Anyone can post NEW topics. They are all listed...and they don't go away. Just go to the next page, for Pete's sake. If you don't get a reply to your post, please don't indicate that others are covering yours up. It could very well be no one was interested. ALL POST CAN BE SEEN. (Queen steps down from soap box and puts box back in corner)

#201909 - 04/05/10 03:59 PM Re: BWS'ers unite... [Re: jawjaw]
Edelweiss3 Offline

JJ, I don't believe anyone said that posts are intentionally covered.

#201915 - 04/05/10 09:06 PM Re: BWS'ers unite... [Re: Edelweiss3]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Oh heaven's no....no one did. Forgive...I was just giving that piece of info because of all of the emails I get with people asking me why others cover up their post. Kind of like killing two birds with one stone.

Sorry bout the confusion

#201932 - 04/06/10 06:40 AM Re: BWS'ers unite... [Re: jawjaw]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Okay, that’s cleared up. cool I was beginning to feel like a little girl saying; “ But, but, but Moooooomy, we didn’t dooooo thaaaat!” cry smile

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved