The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 96 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#202021 - 04/08/10 12:31 AM Your Pets names...
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Sorry but I couldn't keep seeing the other title on this thread so am changing it to this one...

My pets name is Reeta she is a Yorkie. I have had Lady who was a Chihuahua, Cuddles also a Yorkie, Daisy and Twekee both were Maltese's. Then there was Shadow a German Shephard hero a soldier brought back from the Korean war. What a fantastic dog she was. I almost forgot, Cleo a St. Bernard was Davids first puppy when he was a baby.

I have a dream which is that whenever we get a pet baby they should live and die the same day as we do so we can share a forever sleep...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#202063 - 04/08/10 05:27 PM Re: Your Pets names... [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Neat dream. I would like that same dream for all family and friends too, but God knows better.

My dog's name is Kelly. She's 13 and a cockapoo. She's always acted like a puppy. No lie. But the past few months she's been slowing down a bit. I was in the garden Monday. It was the first time ever that she wasn't out there with me, or barking to come outside.

#202083 - 04/08/10 07:45 PM Re: Your Pets names... [Re: Dotsie]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
(Dotsie...I had a cockapoo..Gennie. (short for generic.) She died of epilepsy at the age of four...she was my first pet as an adult...and was my baby. What a great personality she had!)

Here goes:

Dogs

Farmer (5 yrs)
Munchie (short for Munchkin) (5 yrs)
both parents of
Dodge (as in Dodge City) (2 yrs)
Sally Jean Autry (2 1/2 yrs)
~all above are Australian Shepherds

Cocoa Socks is an adoptee (nearly 7 yrs)
~Blue Heeler

Cats:

Kitty Boy
~and his family. (Feral cats...have never gotten close to us but they eat pretty well!)

#202086 - 04/08/10 08:33 PM Re: Your Pets names... [Re: Di]
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
Di you have a veritable petting zoo at your house I Love it!!! smile

My new chocolate Cocker Spaniel's name is Bailey...12 weeks old and we are madly in love with each other.

I also have a 3 year old Maltipoo named Lyla living here presently (my grandpuppy) she belongs to my youngest daughter who travels all over the country for work ...so Lyla now thinks I am her Mommy..:)

Dotsie, even my new puppy didn't like being outside in the heat this week..Kelly is just a very smart little girl and decided to stay in where it was cool...:)

People may not remember exactly what you said or what you did...but they will always remember how you made them feel

#202093 - 04/09/10 12:42 AM Re: Your Pets names... [Re: AvalonBlondi]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
My first dog as a child was named Trixie, my first dog as an adult was a Shephard named Auggie-Doggie, and our current dog is a Beagle named Luke, after Luke Skywalker from Star Wars.

Okay, not sure if I've told you this before or not, but did you know that if you take your first dog's name and combine it with the street you grew up on . . . that is your exotic dancer name? So mine would be "Trixie Novak".

Now you try....

#202094 - 04/09/10 01:32 AM Re: Your Pets names... [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
I don't remember my first dog's name; or my first cat's either. Many of those pets 'disappeared' as my Mom would get rid of them as soon as she got tired of them. As an adult, I have always had at least one dog and one cat until the last cat died last year. Now we just have Peanut, Queensland Heeler, who we named Peanut because when we adopted her she was 9 months old, and skinny with these huge ears. She looked like a peanut with ears, hence the name! Then there's Spud, the miniature poodle who is black and tan. His name came because when I first saw him at a year old, his hair was so long and untidy I thought he was a spaniel/poodle puppy. Then I learned he was a purebred poodle, but I had already said he was a Spoodle, which got shortened to Spud.

My partner makes up stories for all the animals. One day I should write them all down!
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#202095 - 04/09/10 02:11 AM Re: Your Pets names... [Re: yonuh]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Sorry I never had a pet, but my partner had pets before I entered his life. His allergies has become worse, so no animals at home.

Past cats include: Jinx, Jigsaw
Past dogs include: Shimoo, Colby, Cheetah, Brownie

I can't remember all his horses' names: Tandy, Charlie, ? He had 3 horses when he had a farm.

#202107 - 04/09/10 05:28 PM Re: Your Pets names... [Re: orchid]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
We had Penny, when I was a kid, an English Shepherd. My horse was
named Skylark. All the cows were registered and named after family members, along with a combination of my adoptive dad's first and last name! As an adult I've owned: Cherrie, a Toy Poodle; Nicky, Pepper and Buddy, poodles; Casey, Irish Setter; Shadow, black lab, mix; Xena, full black lab.

#202123 - 04/10/10 01:07 PM Re: Your Pets names... [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Di,
I dream of having a front yard filled with every type animal, I love. That's my ultimate dream! Your place sounds delightful!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved