The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 155 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#202077 - 04/08/10 06:49 PM Re: BWS'ers unite... [Re: Mountain Ash]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
MA, that's a great idea, to plan something special to do on that day. It's going to be painful (my other brother IS invited, which makes it that much more excruciating), but if hubby and I plan to go somewhere (maybe his hometown in northern Quebec, we always love to go there), it will keep my mind otherwise occupied.

That meeting with my other brother will happen someday, on neutral territory, and we both look forward to that day, as you say, separate from the issues that exist. It just hasn't been possible yet, but soon.

(Maya Angelou)

#202085 - 04/08/10 08:23 PM Re: BWS'ers unite... [Re: Eagle Heart]
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
Dear Eagle,
We all "spew" on/with our friends...internalizing just is NOT healthy...please feel free to fall on me..and this past year my "soft places " have gotten softer and larger smile...you can always pm me too....

MA had a great suggestion...find something special to do that weekend with your hubby , something that makes you happy, and although you might feel left out of your brother's day..when you and Hubby are enjoying yourself you can smile inside knowing that if you were at the wedding you would probably not be having quite so much fun!!!

People may not remember exactly what you said or what you did...but they will always remember how you made them feel

#202331 - 04/15/10 01:35 PM Re: BWS'ers unite... [Re: AvalonBlondi]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Eagle,
I'm sorry about all the difficulties you are and have been facing. I look at what some folks go through, and wonder how
they do it. The last 5 years have been hard for me, too. But
all of us have to keep hope and faith alive; we can't lose those!
You are in my prayers. God bless; prayers and blessing,
Groovy, aka Linda Popiel, said we should contact you someday and meet in Canada somewhere. That sounds like fun! We'll have to do that!

#202361 - 04/16/10 01:08 PM Re: BWS'ers unite... [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Eagle,
I have the feeling I missed answering some of your posts or
comments. If I truly did not respond when I should've, I'm sorry.
Like everyone, I have a great deal on my mind. I'm surrounded
by friends with problems and I'm sure I mess up regularly.
Please forgive! Prayers and blessings,

#202376 - 04/16/10 02:09 PM Re: BWS'ers unite... [Re: jabber]
Eagle Heart Offline

Jabber, where's this coming from? You have nothing to feel guilty or sorry about on my account!! I've been here long enough and gotten to know the hearts of the women here well enough to be very comfortable with allowing - and celebrating - everyone their freedom to come and go and to respond or not. I know all too well that there are days when it's impossible to muster up the energy to speak...I've been in my own little world for a long time, and just am so grateful that I can come and hang out here whenever, and I'm grateful that I can speak or not speak, it's ok. I celebrate and support that same freedom for all women here...I would never even question why someone hasn't responded, probably wouldn't even notice most of the time, to tell you the truth.

So please just rest your lovely heart and mind, and be assured that I'm very comfy with just "being" here. If ever I NEED any response, I'll say so, but most of my posts these days are just self-indulgent vents, or "crisis outlets" for my grief...nobody can fix my pain, and I don't expect any quick fixes...it's enough just to have the freedom and safe place to share.

xoxoxoxo

(Maya Angelou)

#202389 - 04/16/10 10:46 PM Re: BWS'ers unite... [Re: Eagle Heart]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I so agree with you Eagle Heart. Sometimes it is just enough to be able to vent about a situation or problem and know others care and understand your pain even though they can't do anything about it really. On Easter Sunday when my little dog Rosee died the first place I came to was here when returning home from the vet. When asked why I even cared to turn on the computer, I answered I had to talk to my sisters, share my grief with my cyber family because they love me and loved Rosee too.

Now that I am going through the exact same thing with Reeta, here I am again. Both for moral support and also to try and support anyone who might be needing my support right now.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#202398 - 04/16/10 11:29 PM Re: BWS'ers unite... [Re: chatty lady]
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
((((Chatty)))) ..Praying for you and Reeta every second tonight..

People may not remember exactly what you said or what you did...but they will always remember how you made them feel

#202400 - 04/16/10 11:47 PM Re: BWS'ers unite... [Re: AvalonBlondi]
Eagle Heart Offline

Me too, Chatty. Holding you and Reeta in my heart-prayers...wish I could come and keep you company as you wait. xoxox

(Maya Angelou)

#202460 - 04/19/10 12:59 PM Re: BWS'ers unite... [Re: Eagle Heart]
jabber Offline

Eagle,
Thank you. I'm presently going through difficult stuff and I suppose I'm overly sensitive. It's probably coming from that.
There was a day when I meant to respond to a post of yours,
then got sidetracked and couldn't find where I wanted comment.
That too birthed the above post.

Chatty,
Sorry about what you're going through. You and your heartaches
are in my prayers!

Prayers and blessings,

#202561 - 04/21/10 01:36 PM Re: BWS'ers unite... [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Chatty & Eagle,
I love coming on BWS and venting! What a wonderful outlet this
is and has been! It's truly a blessing!

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved