The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 56 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#206812 - 08/14/10 01:51 AM Re: I'm outta Facebook ! [Re: Princess Lenora]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
Yes, I have connected with a few people from my high school - I love catching up with old friends. Also, my oldest grandchild just started a FB page, so I can keep up with him, too! It was a big shock to realize he's almost 13! Ack!!
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#206868 - 08/16/10 02:08 AM Re: I'm outta Facebook ! [Re: Princess Lenora]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I finally filled out the survey Facebook kept sending me. I have now returned to facebook on a limited scale, no games etc., Just as a social thingy...I can't believe how many of my old, and some new friends have jumped on. I am having fun this time around. Lots more time to spend there as well.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#206872 - 08/16/10 11:03 AM Re: I'm outta Facebook ! [Re: chatty lady]
MustangGal
Unregistered

How does one close their facebook account? I opened one, gosh don't recall how long ago, years maybe, don't use it, yet keep getting friend requests from folk I don't know!

#206877 - 08/16/10 12:36 PM Re: I'm outta Facebook ! [Re: ]
CrosstitchQueen Offline

Loc: Sanford, Florida
Sign onto your Facebook page. Over on the right hand side of the screen, click on "Account". then click on "help center". You will see a list of frequently asked questions, the first one of them is "delete account". click on that and follow the instructions.

#206882 - 08/16/10 12:50 PM Re: I'm outta Facebook ! [Re: CrosstitchQueen]
CrosstitchQueen Offline

Just wanted to add..........I'm on Facebook every day, but I'm careful. I never download videos on Facebook, if I get friend requests from people I don't know I click on ignore. I only friend people I actually know. I'm not into the games and I block most of them so I don't have to look at what everybody needs for their farmville or treasure isle. (I have some friends who must spend their entire day playing those games, it seems like they are ALWAYS on there!!) It's been a great way for me to stay in touch with friends from my past as well as friends all over the country and even local friends that I just don't actually talk to all that often! I love it, it I have to be careful........sometimes I think instead of Facebook it should be called TimeSuck because sometimes I get involved and time just disappears. It most definitely has its good points but you have to take precautions. BTW my settings have never changed since I set them. I tried to run the previously mentioned scan and it didn't work because I have the new Facebook settings and that only scans the old ones.

#206900 - 08/17/10 01:52 AM Re: I'm outta Facebook ! [Re: CrosstitchQueen]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Ann why not be friends there too. I don't know your real name in full so send me a PM and I'll look for you, or just sign on to mine to be your friend if you know my given name...

#206916 - 08/17/10 07:19 PM Re: I'm outta Facebook ! [Re: chatty lady]
CrosstitchQueen Offline

Chatty -- I found you on FB and sent you a friend request with a message so you'll know it's from me. Would love to be your FB buddy!!

#206918 - 08/17/10 07:25 PM WHO is HERE on Facebook? [Re: CrosstitchQueen]
Edelweiss2 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
I think I know most of you who are on Facebook,...but I sometimes get friend requests, and am not sure if I know the person or not. So, I also suggest, when making a friend request,
to please add your boomer name.
Jabber? I think we are friends on Facebook, right? Bonnie? Right?
Josie? Are you on Facebook? Would you PM me with your name.
Anyone else?
How about you Mountain Ash? Orchid?
If anyone wants to know my name on Facebook, I can PM you with it.

#206925 - 08/17/10 07:54 PM Re: WHO is HERE on Facebook? [Re: Edelweiss2]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
I was delighted to "friend" your new profile, Chatty.

Anyone else who wants to friend me, I'd love to have you as a FB friend... You can find me as "Anne L. Holmes." There is also an Anne Holmes who's an expat photojournalist online. We're FB friends and what she does is fascinating, but she is not me...
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#206930 - 08/17/10 10:34 PM Re: WHO is HERE on Facebook? [Re: Anne Holmes]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

I'm sure you all know I am Charleen Micheles on Faceook and Twitter under Chatty626...

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved