The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 183 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#203473 - 05/14/10 01:12 PM Never Underestimate the Ripple Effects
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Over the past 5 years, many women here have shared many wise and witty and wonderful wisdoms in these forums. I have been the grateful recipient of so much of your love, care, wisdom and kindness throughout the painful journey I've had to make after losing both parents, brother, close in-laws and friends through death all within the past 10 years. You've also carried me through an excruciatingly painful patch these past few years without even knowing the cause of that pain (I still am not at liberty to share it publicly). You have all poured your hearts, prayers and wisdoms into my heart and life.

I just want to tell you that all of your kindnesses continue to heal, inspire, transform and guide me…the ripple effect of your love is ongoing and unimaginably empowering. Even words and actions from many years ago continue to affect and heal…like Nancy’s roses, Chatty’s little care packages to my brother, Dotsie & JJ’s phone call after my brother died, PM’s and emails throughout the years…these have ALL meant a great deal to me and have been like rungs on the ladder out of the darkness back to the light.

I finally feel like I’m waking up from the nightmare of the past few years. I finally feel emotionally empowered, creative again, little surges of joy spiking through my soul after years of feeling nothing at all…I feel like you have all helped me take baby steps out of the rubble and into this “new normal” and I’m finally feeling like joy is possible again.

So I just want to reiterate that we can never underestimate the ripple effect of our words, kindnesses and love that we pour into others. Perhaps there are times when we feel like our efforts aren’t making a difference, but they’re all like little seeds that we plant in other people’s hearts and souls…we don’t always get to see the changes that we make, but those seeds grow and no matter how long it might take, they DO - we DO - you DO - make an enormous difference. You did in mine. And I thank you with all my heart!!

(Maya Angelou)

#203476 - 05/14/10 01:46 PM Re: Never Underestimate the Ripple Effects [Re: Eagle Heart]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
What a great way to start my day by wrapping myself in your beautiful words. You have a gift, Eagle. Please consider sharing your words with the world, once again. You could help so many by writing another book and letting the people out there who are hurting, just as you have, to find their way.

I beg of you to consider it. You are a master at massaging one's heart.

The Ripple Effect

What a beautiful title for a book. Yes?

Thank you for the sweet words. Daddy always told me that a person may not remember you by name, but they will always remember how you made someone feel. Big...worthy...or small.

I'm so blessed to have you in my life. I don't tell others enough. Thank you for the gentle reminder.

With love,

#203479 - 05/14/10 02:16 PM Re: Never Underestimate the Ripple Effects [Re: jawjaw]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Eagle, you are so wise and giving. How could anyone feel anything but love toward you? Love, Ann

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#203482 - 05/14/10 02:32 PM Re: Never Underestimate the Ripple Effects [Re: Anno]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
Eagle, what beautiful words. Yes, so many people may never know the effect they have had on others. But we have to keep going and trusting that somewhere, someone, is better because of our words or deeds. Thank you for reminding us.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#203489 - 05/14/10 05:26 PM Re: Never Underestimate the Ripple Effects [Re: yonuh]
Eagle Heart Offline

JJ, I do want/intend to write again. There's another book gestating somewhere deep inside of me. I'll know when it's time because it will be so determined to be born that it will practically write itself. Until then, I'm collecting energy, wisdom, perspective and empowerment. Thank you for your encouragement and belief in me.

Thank you Ann. Believing in my own loveability was impossible and unfathomable at one time in my life. It's still a weakpoint. But I'm learning to trust that it can be true.

Yonuh, I remember reading a book by Jean Vanier about 30 years ago. I can't remember the exact quote but the essential message was that in every encounter with every person, we either sow seeds of life or seeds of death. We can never know the full long-range impact, positive or negative, we have in our encounters with others. I think we can only do our best to remember to sow seeds of life (eg, a simple smile or act of kindness instead of scowling or rudeness) and trust that every positive thing we do does ripple light into the world-at-large.

(Maya Angelou)

#203497 - 05/14/10 11:11 PM Re: Never Underestimate the Ripple Effects [Re: Eagle Heart]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
Eagle, I know what you mean when you say "it will be so determined to be born that it will practically write itself"! That's how I write stuff, too. And that's how my thesis and other research papers got written when I was in college. It's amazing how stuff can percolate in the brain and then come pouring out, but it feels so good when it happens!
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#203537 - 05/15/10 10:16 PM Re: Never Underestimate the Ripple Effects [Re: yonuh]
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
Eagle Heart Dear, I was just thinking to myself that your posts are sounding lighter and happier and then I hit upon this thread...I am so happy to know you are feeling better...you are a precious person... reading your book and the book you sent me after my mother died meant so much..and I have shared it with so many of my friends and by doing so , you have helped those people as well...your famous "ripple effect" goes on an on..You are so loving and so loveable...we all see that...my hopes and prayers are that you now see it too...

Love you!!!!

People may not remember exactly what you said or what you did...but they will always remember how you made them feel

#203552 - 05/16/10 08:34 AM Re: Never Underestimate the Ripple Effects [Re: AvalonBlondi]
Mountain Ash Offline

The ripple effect
no doubts that we can have an impact on another..

it is good to spent time telling someone they touched you in some way..often people have no idea..such is their demeanor.but importantly to continue a persons good will and do good for another.

#203690 - 05/20/10 03:28 PM Re: Never Underestimate the Ripple Effects [Re: Mountain Ash]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Amen. And you will be amazed at how YOU will feel when you do good for another, just because. I don't know if I believe in Karma or not, but I do believe in trying to weigh my words with another.

I don't always win that battle, but I can tell you when I don't, I feel awful. Imagine how THEY feel. Ouch!

Speaking out of turn and then regretting it is like trying to put toothpaste back in the tube. Ain't gonna happen. I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to bite my tongue, or my keyboard, in half.

Eagle, you've reminded me to stop and think before engaging mouth. Less foot to chew on that way.

This awesome board is sometimes a gentle reminder to tell others how much they mean to me and how they've affected my life in a good way. I should do it more often. Wait, I just did?

#203697 - 05/20/10 05:17 PM Re: Never Underestimate the Ripple Effects [Re: jawjaw]
Eagle Heart Offline

I just put this as my FB status, seems to fit right in here too:

Treat everyone with kindness, even those who are rude to you - not because they are nice, but because you are.

(Maya Angelou)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved