The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 150 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#204906 - 06/21/10 04:21 PM Open a Wine Bottle with Your Shoe
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Interesting....

Openning a Wine Bottle with Your Shoe

Wish I knew what he was saying though.

#204912 - 06/21/10 05:23 PM Re: Open a Wine Bottle with Your Shoe [Re: jawjaw]
Edelweiss2 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Hmmm interesting. I wonder if this is fake. The sound effects of him knocking the shoe on the wall didn't really coincide.

#204946 - 06/22/10 11:51 PM Re: Open a Wine Bottle with Your Shoe [Re: Edelweiss2]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Fake or real who the hell would go to all that trouble to open a bottle of wine with a shoe when there are a zillion corkscrews in the world. Dumb! Even my Sassy said "bolderdash!"

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#204963 - 06/23/10 01:47 PM Re: Open a Wine Bottle with Your Shoe [Re: chatty lady]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Okay, okay, have you never been on a picnic in the middle of nowhere and forgot your corkscrew? But then, where's a wall you can knock your shoe on?

I will be brave, I will be the one to try this concept. We'll check it out tonight and I'll let you know. Wonder if it works on white wine, and if it's okay if the bottle is cold?? Hmmm, science at work.

#204965 - 06/23/10 05:24 PM Re: Open a Wine Bottle with Your Shoe [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Edelweiss2 Offline

Dear Dr. Dancing Dolphin,...so what happened, huh? huh? Huh?
:-)

#204967 - 06/23/10 05:37 PM Re: Open a Wine Bottle with Your Shoe [Re: Edelweiss2]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Who in heavens name came up with that one. I mean, why would you put a bottle of wine in your shoe, in the first place? It's like who was the guy who decided honey was edible? This stuff has
to orginate somewhere, right? Geese.

#204976 - 06/23/10 09:37 PM Re: Open a Wine Bottle with Your Shoe [Re: Edelweiss2]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Originally Posted By: Edelweiss2
Dear Dr. Dancing Dolphin,...so what happened, huh? huh? Huh?
:-)

Dear Reader Edelweiss2,
Dr. Dancing Dolphin just posted that this morning, and although you might drink at 8am in Germany, I do not. I wait until at least 9. Ahem...

Anyway, told hubby about it and he's game, but he has to work tonight and tomorrow night, so this exciting experiment will not happen until the weekend. Hubby drinks white wine, so we can't just uncork it and let it sit you know.

I'll keep you posted. I know why we use a shoe, too. It's so when you hit the bottle on the wall it's padded and doesn't just break the bottle.

Hang in there, Dr. Dancing Dolphin will return with news when it's available. Science moves slowly you know, even though most of you would be lining up to open wine bottles on a moment's notice, wouldn't you?

checking out...
Dr. Dolphin

#204983 - 06/24/10 06:10 AM Re: Open a Wine Bottle with Your Shoe [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Edelweiss2 Offline

Dear Dr. Dolphin, Aaah yes, science moves slowly. I will learn to be patient.
If I may humbly suggest, use a wall that you can clean off afterwards. hee hee.
Wringing her hands anxiously,
your reader,
Edelweiss

#204984 - 06/24/10 01:35 PM Re: Open a Wine Bottle with Your Shoe [Re: Edelweiss2]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Thank you dear Edelweiss, your thought provoking comment is a great contribution to science. I will bear that in mind!

Dr. Dolphin

#204993 - 06/25/10 07:47 AM Re: Open a Wine Bottle with Your Shoe [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Edelweiss2 Offline

Paging Dr. Dolphin, Dr. Dolphin,..please wipe that wine from your chin, and come directly to the front desk. We have some wierd dents in our walls, and rumour has it....blah blah blah.....

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved