The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 131 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#207216 - 08/31/10 01:43 PM Re: Let's put the seniors in jail [Re: Mountain Ash]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
MA,
Only because of her extensiveness. She really elaborates and that made me think perhaps some of what was previously posted may have annoyed her senses a bit. That's all. This is a touchy subject but I sensed the thread wasn't meant to get heavy. Though I could be wrong. Believe me, MA, I've been wrong before! Prayers and blessings,

#207223 - 08/31/10 06:06 PM Re: Let's put the seniors in jail [Re: jabber]
Mountain Ash Offline

I see Christa as presenting well thought out responses.Its always good to see new people here.

A belated welcome Christa.

#207230 - 08/31/10 10:04 PM Re: Let's put the seniors in jail [Re: Mountain Ash]
jabber Offline

MA,
You are right. She does have well thought out responses. May be
it was the day, or the mood, or whatever. Welcome Christa and
please forget about my "nerve hitting" comment. I'm the one with
frailed nerves, for sure.

#207232 - 09/01/10 02:15 AM Re: Let's put the seniors in jail [Re: jabber]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Welcome Christa and thanks for such a thoughtful response. You've got me thinking. I'm now running to see your other posts. I hope there are some!

#207233 - 09/01/10 02:16 AM Re: Let's put the seniors in jail [Re: Dotsie]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Darn. This is Christa's only post. If you are reading, I hope you'll join in the other forums too.

#207242 - 09/01/10 08:19 AM Re: Let's put the seniors in jail [Re: Dotsie]
Mountain Ash Offline

Thank you Dotsie for being as always kind welcoming and open.

To have the ability to imagine what a new poster makes of the BWS is something valuable.

#207252 - 09/01/10 03:38 PM Re: Let's put the seniors in jail [Re: Mountain Ash]
jabber Offline

MA,
I meant to be welcoming; sure hope I didn't sound unwelcoming.
It just seemed like such an important subject to Christa, I suppose that's why I thought she seemed sensitive to this thread.
And I guess since I and probably others haven't been in a women's
prison, we shouldn't have commented so lightly about that segment of society. I do think Christa, you'll make a great poster and great addition to this Internet family. Blessings,

#207276 - 09/01/10 06:04 PM Re: Let's put the seniors in jail [Re: jabber]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Christa, I dropped back into this thread to say that your post had a profound impact on me. I read it early yesterday, and so much of it continues to stay with me. I was telling my hubby about it over lunch today, and I realized again how life-giving your words are. We too have travelled to very poor countries and seen first-hand how they could easily live on what we here in North America throw away. So many of our beautiful dear friends in Cuba, for example, have no running water, one lightbulb to light an entire house (but only when the electricity actually works), a small one-burner stove on which to cook and entire meal for the whole family, one pair of shoes (often well-worn and ragged), and the list goes on. We bring lots of stuff to them, and they are so grateful. One picture that forever stays in my mind is when we give them brand-new clothing (especially underwear) and they SMELL it and their eyes light up with such pleasure at the smell of new clothes.

Thank you for your post, and your reminder of just how rich we truly are. There are ALWAYS others better off and always others poorer off than we are. One beautiful lesson we've learned from spending so much time with our "poorer" friends is that there's always enough to share. They have so little, and yet they love and cherish being able to share what little they have with us.

Your words continue to impact me, and I thank you for the enrichment they bring to my heart and mind.

(Maya Angelou)

#207600 - 09/11/10 01:34 PM Re: Let's put the seniors in jail [Re: Eagle Heart]
jabber Offline

I read a poem once about that idea: there are always people
richer and always people poorer than we are. As I remember, it went on to say how we shouldn't take ourselves too seriously.
I read those words a long time ago and can't recall the name of
that poem. But I get the gist of what you're saying, Eagle.
And agree, wholeheartedly!

#207635 - 09/13/10 01:15 PM Re: Let's put the seniors in jail [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Caring for the elderly is a very difficult job; it takes special
people with a heart full of dedication to be successful at it!
God bless the caregivers!

I visied the nursing home today where my friend has been for over five years now and still remains. Ever go into a nursing
facility and just look around at the faces of those residing
therein. You see some beautiful faces. And when I stop and
think of the lives they've led, it's heartwarming to reflect
on the places they've been and the things they've contributed
to the world. God bless all the seniors of the world!

Edited by jabber (09/14/10 12:49 PM)

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved