The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 174 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#211670 - 03/23/11 01:06 AM Re: Let's put the seniors in jail [Re: jabber]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Stumbled over this thread again trying to add some filler and it made me laugh out loud so I figured maybe it would do the same for you all.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#211723 - 03/24/11 02:26 PM Re: Let's put the seniors in jail [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Well, Chatty, I went back through some of it. Not sure what
you're laughing at. I've never been in a jail, so I can't comment on that or I shouldn't, if I did. But over these past
6 years, I've been in lots of nursing homes, from the upscale to the county poor. And I've witnessed residents who've been
admitted and forgotten about. Some shouldn't even be where they
are. Their families don't want any part of them, they put these
people in a county home, and never visit them again. I got in trouble because people thought I visited my friend too much.
But I know in my heart, if the tables were turned, she would've
visited me as much, if not more. And I've seen reports on TV
News Magazines, where jails were outfitted like vacation resorts.
AND THAT'S THE TRUTH!!!

#212051 - 04/12/11 10:26 AM Re: Let's put the seniors in jail [Re: jabber]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Have you seen ot heard of the new prison in, I believe it's Peoria, Illinois??? You would dirty your nickers. It looks just like a country club, and the truth now, if I were a man and homeless I would comnmit a crime just to be sent there. It is absolutely discusting...The cells have screen doors to the outside and they have chefs making meals... NO baloney sandwiches there. Check it out!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#212056 - 04/12/11 01:40 PM Re: Let's put the seniors in jail [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Chatty,
I've seen TV documentaries about fancy prisons over the last
several years. Guess that's where I got the idea those [JAIL] facilities were on par WITH some country clubs. Pun intended!

#212060 - 04/12/11 07:22 PM Re: Let's put the seniors in jail [Re: jabber]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Chatty, Jabber and all,

I got interested in Chatty's discussion of palatial prisons because I live about 30 minutes from the Thompson Correctional Center in Thompson, Illinois. This is a prison former IL Gov. Rob Blagoyovich (sorry, I am sure that is spelled wrong) built in Northern Illinois in about 2002.

It is said to be much needed, as some of the State's existing prisons date from the late 1800's and are really costly to run -- not to mention obsolete. But once the prison was built, it developed the State had not budgeted money to staff it, so it has sat virtually empty since then.

Recently it came to national attention when Obama suggested moving the Gitmo detainees there... Though last I heard, I believe the Feds may still buy it, but it won't house the Gitmo prisoners, thank the Lord... Here's an article from a paper in the area, which I am sure is fairly reliable, discussing the current plans: Selling Thompson Prison to the Feds

Anyway, long story short, I had never heard that this was a palatial prison, so I went looking for more info.

And I came up with a clarifying article from good ol' Snopes, which I think will clear all of this up. The Snopes article, which I have linked to below, says this palatial prison DOES exist, but it is not located in the US, though various stories have been written saying that it is in Chicago -- the new Cook County Correctional Center -- or Peoria, IL.

Actually it is located in AUSTRIA. So we can't blame this one on Obama or any other US-based politico.

Here is the Snopes link, which hopefully should clarify things: Palatial Prison And, based on the supplied pictures, I would say it looks like a nice place...
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#212096 - 04/14/11 01:16 PM Re: Let's put the seniors in jail [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

I don't think they should build palace-type prisons; where's the
punishment factor in that?

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved