The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 111 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#205400 - 07/03/10 01:10 PM Re: Being single can have it's challenges [Re: CrosstitchQueen]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Great blog. Of course I went straight to the Caveman Cookies!

#205416 - 07/03/10 07:19 PM Re: Being single can have it's challenges [Re: CrosstitchQueen]
katebcca Offline

Loc: Victoria BC Canada
Thank you Ann,
I checked out the website and looks like a good one. I'm always looking for good recipes. Although I have to say since I changed my diet I no longer obsess about food which is a good thing.

When eating sugar, carbs all the time food was always on my mind.
Nice to be free of those thoughts.
Kate

#205451 - 07/04/10 03:38 PM Re: Being single can have it's challenges [Re: katebcca]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Exploration of better food alternatives/dishes is always good.

#205456 - 07/04/10 03:52 PM Re: Being single can have it's challenges [Re: orchid]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Orchid, welcome back. You have been missed!

#205458 - 07/04/10 08:14 PM Re: Being single can have it's challenges [Re: jawjaw]
Edelweiss2 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Hey Orchid! You're back safe and sound! Can't wait to hear about the trip!

#205470 - 07/05/10 01:01 AM Re: Being single can have it's challenges [Re: Edelweiss2]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I have been wondering where you were Orchid. Glad your back...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#205509 - 07/06/10 06:55 PM Re: Being single can have it's challenges [Re: chatty lady]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
I'm here, now smile Just haven't gotten around to posting stuff here, etc. since my photos are on dearie's MAC laptop. He's due to arrive from Germany tomorrow.

Back to Kate's topic: So anything different since you last posted?

#205565 - 07/08/10 05:34 PM Re: Being single can have it's challenges [Re: CrosstitchQueen]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Katebcca, I am so proud of you for the steps you are taking to improve your health!

Good to know that the celiac diet is working so well for you.

You have inspired me to get myself back to the fitness center. My membership expired a month ago, and I hadn't renewed it. Now I will. Not that I am expecting to meet any cute younger men, but just that I told my doctor the other day that I would begin a walking program -- though I haven't yet taken any action.

Your discussion of how much better you are feeling did the trick!

Thanks!

Anne
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#205583 - 07/09/10 05:30 AM Re: Being single can have it's challenges [Re: Anne Holmes]
katebcca Offline

Hi Anne,
I am so glad I inspired you. I am actually having fun discovering alternatives to the foods I used to eat. I am totally into the organic thing, buying food from local farmers. Now I eat food for health, not recreation :-)

Also, we all know it....when you exercise you feel better so why do we fall into the trap of not going? For me it's a health thing. If I don't work out I get so stiff I can't walk. There are many nights I really don't feel like it and go anyway. And of course when I get home I'm glad I went. The YMCA is great. I have no time to get bored as they have so many classes, yoga, pilates, fitness in the pool along with all the equipment. The thing that keeps me going is mixing it up, not always doing the same thing. I have been to other gyms and didn't like them so it's great that this works for me and keeps me motivated. Also, many times my kids come with me which is nice.

The cute guy was fun at the moment but it's now getting old. I think he has issues and I laugh at myself because I found the attention flattering. It was at the time but when someone keeps staring at you and smiling it gives you the creeps after while :-)

I just ignore him now. This is my fourth month and that is another thing. If you go all the time, at least 5 x a week for a few months it becomes a habit.

Kate

(read a great article at the gym on living with Fybromyalgia. What foods to eat, allergies to some food that cause symptoms. Also it said to have acupuncture as it helps with the pain, TAKE supplements, get enough sleep and EXERCISE!

#205584 - 07/09/10 05:37 AM Re: Being single can have it's challenges [Re: katebcca]
katebcca Offline

Hi Orchid,
I missed where you were?

I have a student here from Germany. My student that was with me for the past year from Columbia went home end of June. I miss him actually. He was a nice boy, caused me some grief but that is teenagers for you. He has called and emailed and said he is so grateful he had me as a home-stay parent. Asked if he could visit and of course I said yes.

Next week I am hosting a student from Wales as well in a sporting event with my son. There are still 15 players in need of beds so I felt I had to volunteer. It will be a full house for a few days. It's interesting as the students cultures are so different. You really notice it. We all learn from each other. It's such a great experience for my kids. (even though my son sometimes grumbles about it :-)

Kate.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved