The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 109 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#205602 - 07/10/10 01:07 PM Re: Being single can have it's challenges [Re: katebcca]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Kate when our children were little, we had two teens from France stay with us for 10 days or so. What a great way to learn about other cultures.

What is your son's sporting event?

#205759 - 07/14/10 06:29 PM Re: Being single can have it's challenges [Re: Dotsie]
katebcca Offline

Loc: Victoria BC Canada
Yes, it is so nice to host people from other countries, especially teens. I enjoy them.

I actually have one student from Germany with me for the summer and now have two boys from Wales for a week. I had originally said I would take one but they were desperate to house these kids. Some people took four (they have huge homes) I now have two and it's ok. We have more than one bathroom at least :-)

They are rugby players. My son could have gone to England last summer but I just didn't have the extra funds. Hopefully I can save up for next year. He has travelled to places in Canada but really wants to go to New Zealand, Australia or England....Ireland, etc. etc. I hope he gets to go as it's an incredible experience for them.

These boys from Wales were in Seattle all last week playing, will be here for a week and then back home. Today they are playing my sons team and then after the game the parents are hosting a barbecue so I will be busy this evening.

Kate

#205793 - 07/16/10 01:29 AM Re: Being single can have it's challenges [Re: katebcca]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
I'm glad that this is great way to make a bit of money, but also have a variety of people for short periods.

How old is your son?

#205794 - 07/16/10 02:40 AM Re: Being single can have it's challenges [Re: orchid]
katebcca Offline

Loc: Victoria BC Canada
My son is 16, 17 in a month. I do have a 25 year old but he does not live with us. I have posted about him before as he has substance abuse issues.

Both my daughter and youngest son have enjoyed their visit with our guests.
Kate

#206382 - 08/03/10 11:13 PM Re: Being single can have it's challenges [Re: katebcca]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I haven't seen or heard from my eldest son since the 28th. of June when he called to say he'd forgotten my birthday, as if I hadn't noticed. The longer he stays away. the less I find myself caring so he had best be careful. Sometimes you really do get what you ask for!!!! I just want to sell this house and get out of Dodge.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#207329 - 09/03/10 02:22 AM Re: Being single can have it's challenges [Re: chatty lady]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Still nothing from number two son. Ho-hum, guess a fat redhead who deserted her own two children has him right by the 'dingaling' and he isn't talking back to her... His father would roll over in his grave if he saw this happening.

#207340 - 09/03/10 06:34 AM Re: Being single can have it's challenges [Re: chatty lady]
Edelweiss2 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
OH boy chatty, I am going through the same thing. And it is easier the more time goes by. Nature protects us, and that is good.

#208127 - 10/03/10 09:43 AM Re: Being single can have it's challenges [Re: Edelweiss2]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Happily my soon to be ex DIL and I are very close friends. She feels betrayed and yet knows she was partly the cause of the split. We have been to a show, to lunch and I had her over for dinner. Just because they are getting a divorce does not mean I need lose a friend of 26 years does it?

#208405 - 10/13/10 07:12 PM Re: Being single can have it's challenges [Re: chatty lady]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Hi Chatty, I like your attitude with regard to staying close to your soon to be ex DIL. 26 years is a long time and I'm glad you are able to stay close to her.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#208586 - 10/25/10 03:09 PM Re: Being single can have it's challenges [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
The title of this thread brings to mind the advantages too.
Let's see, you can eat when you want; go where you want; spend what you want; watch what you want; cook if you'd like; get up
when your schedule dictates. If I thought about it much, I'll bet
there's a long list of goodies.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved