The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#205486 - 07/05/10 04:47 PM Dr. Dolphin's Wine Bottle Experiment - Finally!!
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Okay ladies, you asked for it! Dr. Dolphin completed the scientific experiment: Can you really open a wine bottle without a corkscrew, using a shoe???

I had assistance from my sons Sean (videographer) and Ryan (shoe donater) and from my husband ("hit it harder on the corner"). This video was taken July 4 at my son's house; the jets you hear flying over were on their way to a special Independence Day event.

Check it out and let me know what you think!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuYYbqaxORA

#205487 - 07/05/10 04:54 PM Re: Dr. Dolphin's Wine Bottle Experiment - Finally!! [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
That was hilarious and I'm so glad I didn't try it. So NOW we know. Use your teeth. Hey DD, could you show us how to open it with your teeth? Ahhh, come on!

#205488 - 07/05/10 05:29 PM Re: Dr. Dolphin's Wine Bottle Experiment - Finally!! [Re: jawjaw]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota

Thanks, Doctor Dolphin.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#205489 - 07/05/10 05:29 PM Re: Dr. Dolphin's Wine Bottle Experiment - Finally!! [Re: jawjaw]
Edelweiss2 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
This shall go down in history as the whining wall phenomenon. A round of applause for Dr. Dolphin and your handsome assistants.

Yeah, yeah yeah!!!!

I heard if you take a dozen packed eggs, and slam them against the wall…they won’t break.

I love your hair, Dr. Dolphin. You could use the egg yoke for shampoo….That was a yoke…ah joke…Dr. Dolphin? Are you turning the computer off? No no….jeez.

#205493 - 07/05/10 07:21 PM Re: Dr. Dolphin's Wine Bottle Experiment - Finally!! [Re: Edelweiss2]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Very entertaining...it would never have occurred to me to even try to open a bottle of wine with a shoe. I know it's impossible to buy corkscrews and/or bottle openers where we go in Cuba, so it would have been real handy if this had worked.

Edited by Eagle Heart (07/05/10 11:44 PM)

(Maya Angelou)

#205496 - 07/06/10 02:40 AM Re: Dr. Dolphin's Wine Bottle Experiment - Finally!! [Re: Eagle Heart]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Funny video!

Maybe if you already finished the first bottle, this would be a good idea to help you sober up between quaffs.

Poet and essayist

#205516 - 07/07/10 02:19 PM Re: Dr. Dolphin's Wine Bottle Experiment - Finally!! [Re: meredithbead]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Okay doctor DD and the engineer! Sorry it didn't open but it was a fun video to watch. Nice seeing hubby and son! Enjoyed!

#205543 - 07/08/10 03:07 AM Re: Dr. Dolphin's Wine Bottle Experiment - Finally!! [Re: jabber]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
That was fun! Thanks for trying, and sharing your experience via the video. I hope you found a corkscrew so you could finally enjoy the wine!

Anne
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#205552 - 07/08/10 12:17 PM Re: Dr. Dolphin's Wine Bottle Experiment - Finally!! [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
There must be a trick to that idea of putting wine in a shoe and
banging on a wall. It's magic!

#205559 - 07/08/10 01:25 PM Re: Dr. Dolphin's Wine Bottle Experiment - Finally!! [Re: jabber]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Hi everyone, Dr. Dolphin here. Thanks for checking out the video - we had fun making it.

I think that the issue is with the "cork". The cork in the bottle we used wasnt' really cork, more of a compressed styrafoam type of material. I'm wondering if it needs to be real cork to be able to slip loose and come out.

We're going to a family reunion at the end of this month. Maybe we'll have a "wine bottle opening" competition! Sounds more fun to me than a watermelon seed spitting contest.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved