The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 91 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#208338 - 10/11/10 06:54 PM Re: Baby Boomer"Anger" [Re: Anno]
copygal Offline

Loc: Texas
The crochet/knitting club I belong to has members as young as 13 & as old as 80, with every decade in between represented. It's a wonderful conglomeration of wisdom and experience, with everybody displaying a willingness to learn and share, and I'm grateful for every single one of them.

Life is what happens while you're making other plans.

#208786 - 11/05/10 03:26 PM Re: Baby Boomer"Anger" [Re: Alice]
Robin Easton Offline

Loc: New Mexico, USA
I LOVE this title and idea!! Wonderful.

I'm not quite 60, but nudging it. 57 in Dec. And I agree. I also think that any change in cultural attitude is DEFINITELY going to have come from those who are 60+. Because most younger people can't yet grasp EVER turning 60, let alone that people who are 60 are not something to be "written off".

The same culture that can write 60+ off, can often teach young people that THEY are "where it's at", and that elders are worthless or at best insignificant.

So I think the change has to come from us. The best way to do that is to LIVE our vitality, speak up, act, and live our passion. We can take those risks that bring vibrancy into our lives. We can get support from kindred spirits. We also can shake off "old thinking", and change our own perception of ourselves and what it means to be 60+. We are capable of dscovering a vision that reflects who we really are and what we're capable. This boomer website is a perfect example of this.

I never "act my age". smile I act from my heart, soul and vibrant spirit. We all can "BE" the change we want to see in the world. Women especially need to do this because we are taking back our lives on two fronts. One for equality in what has been a predominately male run world. And two trying to shift the perception of beauty, vitality, capability, and so on of women 60+.

I've been writing a blog for 3 years, and something I've found is that what the media "toots" is quite another thing from what "the people" often want, feel and believe. I've found amazingly open minded and heart centered souls (both male and female) of all ages, who are open to all ages. It has been an amazing discovery. I think the world is ready for change, and we can be that change.

#208787 - 11/05/10 07:24 PM Re: Baby Boomer"Anger" [Re: Robin Easton]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Amen, Robin! I am hoping to announce the new site next week, or at the latest before the month is over. (It all depends on me finding time to get content onto some of the pages.)

As soon as that site goes live, we will start the blogging. So send me an email if you want to be a part of this.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#208793 - 11/06/10 06:36 AM Re: Baby Boomer"Anger" [Re: Anne Holmes]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Great post Robin! I enjoy your website smile

Poet and essayist

#208794 - 11/06/10 09:17 AM Re: Baby Boomer"Anger" [Re: meredithbead]
Mountain Ash Offline

As more poets and artists along with authors share their own slant on later life...as more of us have sought sources to examine the patriartical society life will shift to recognising the value of experience and wisdom learned.

The current economic climate in UK where University fees are under scrutiny and less well off teens may have to forgo that route may hinder progress..but its then up to the Boomers who can to volunteer as tutors for those who seek to be enlightened. The W.E.A.(Workers Education Associated) in the past during the depression stood up to that task and is still working..May be I can use some energy in that way...and help the women who want to discover their own power..For it is through women that children first learn to value themselves.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved