The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 202 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#206093 - 07/25/10 01:07 PM Re: Joining church [Re: Dee]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Dee,
I'm so happy to read that you've found a church. And I love The
Red Hat Society, their concept of enjoying life is one to
behold! Have fun in your new church. God Bless! Perhaps, I'll find a church home again some day!

Edited by jabber (07/25/10 08:19 PM)

#206123 - 07/25/10 09:05 PM Re: Joining church [Re: jabber]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Dee, anxious to hear how today went. You joined, right?

I love the images your site has on the homepage. Makes it very inviting.

Do they have a reception for new members? Many others join with you? I can't wait to hear.

#206154 - 07/26/10 01:35 PM Re: Joining church [Re: Dotsie]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Hey ya'll...yesterday was so much fun...At the end of the service our Pastor called me up and introduced me to the congregation. He told them how I'd started volunteering for the church before becoming a visitor and he thought that was so cool. I chocked back a few tears as I felt the spiritual, loving embrace of the church and its people accept me and as everyone came by to shake my hand at the back of the church, I had the most warm-hearted experience...so many warm people welcoming me and it just reaffirmed everything I felt from day one...this is where I belong. Yesterday afteroon a woman named Dianne called me to welcome me and we chatted about half an hour...she was so sweet and gave me information about different committees that are available for helping others. I think Wednesday nights are going to be taken from now on at my church...a social pot-luck supper and bible study and there's also a group that meets who have/had addiction problems...they come for support and to share their wonderful recovery stories. I'm told that is really special to watch.
Well, I feel God in my heart, I joined the church, I have the mug and I even bought the T-shirt (yes we have mugs and t-shirts)...:) So, it's official...and I'm soooooooooooo excited!
Jabber...keep looking...never give up...one day it will find you.
Dotsie...I'll let Pastor Rob know how much you like the web site.
Love and hugs

#206159 - 07/26/10 01:59 PM Re: Joining church [Re: Dee]
jabber Offline

Dee,
What sweet story. So happy you're happy! Prayers and blessings!

#206183 - 07/27/10 01:35 PM Re: Joining church [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Someday, the Holy Spirit will lead to a home church, I believe!
And I hope I'm as happy as you, Dee!

#206363 - 08/03/10 06:09 PM Re: Joining church [Re: jabber]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Dee, I once worked at a church and was responsible for the visitors and new members. Your situation brings such joy to my heart. It's so neat to hear about someone embracing their church and their Lord! Tell us more. How's it going?

jabber, I haven faith that you will one day be guided to a church community where you feel blessed!

#207900 - 09/22/10 02:22 AM Re: Joining church [Re: Dee]
Gift Expressions Offline

Loc: NY, USA
Dee,

I am so happy to hear that you have found a church home. That is so important. The feeling you described is the one my husband and I had when we walked into the church we currently attend (about 8 years ago.) We love it there. There are many different age groups, a good outreach ministry and many ways that we have been able to get involved. The Word is preached and I love the worship music.

I'm so glad for you, Dee. Blessings to you.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved