The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 151 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#207407 - 09/04/10 01:08 PM Re: Been to a Family Reunion Lately? [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
My adoptive parents had a huge party, like 200 people inside a
local fire hall, when they got to the end of their lives. It was an awesome celebration of family and acquaintances. They hired a band and had a catered, sit-down dinner. These folks' were really ahead of the intelligence curve! Gotta love it!
smirk

Edited by jabber (09/04/10 01:09 PM)

#207408 - 09/04/10 02:27 PM Re: Been to a Family Reunion Lately? [Re: jabber]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
The last time we were all together was a special celebration for my mom's 80th birthday. Both my kids, their wives and their kids came out here. My brother has sort of divorced himself from the family, which is a shame. But we still had a good time, and mom got to meet her great grandchildren. With all of us scattered all over the country (world, if you count cousins) it's hard to get everybody together. But then I guess when everybody lived closer, there was no need for family reunions. I'm glad some of you had the chance to get together; it sounds like fun.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#207483 - 09/07/10 03:49 PM Re: Been to a Family Reunion Lately? [Re: yonuh]
jabber Offline

I love it, yonuh; "When everybody lived closer there was no
need for family reunions." That's cute! The thing is, my adoptive
family is huge, live in the same area, and still don't see
or visit each other. A couple generations back, people took time
to enjoy family. That doesn't seem to be the case of late;
fellowship for sake of enjoying other people feels like a lost
art!

#207493 - 09/08/10 04:37 AM Re: Been to a Family Reunion Lately? [Re: jabber]
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
How lovely that you all were able to get together for a family reunion. Two years ago my mothers family reunion, after 60 years, disbanded due to lack of interest. I think that is so sad. There are so many cousins, relatives that don't really knwo each other and those ties need to be developed, not cut.

My sister and I are trying to get a reunion together with some cousins from one of my dad's brothers. There are 10 children in that family and 6 in mine. We visited lots as kids and have kept in contact somewhat. We've talked and are trying to get one together.

I think it's so important to hold on to family ties in this world. I hope all of your's were wonderful.
www.tidedancer.com

#207498 - 09/08/10 12:45 PM Re: Been to a Family Reunion Lately? [Re: Sandpiper]
jabber Offline

Sandpiper,
Good to read your post, here. With a twin, it has to be really joyful to get together with kinfolk. I'm thinking your family has a special bond, due to what I read in your precious book, Kaleidoscope Memories. Your family sounds special to me. And I'm glad you have such tight bonds. That's wonderful. Prayers and blessings,

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved