The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 194 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#206417 - 08/04/10 07:52 PM Re: Starting over [Re: chatty lady]
Edelweiss2 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Chatty, I think I'm following your posts all over the place today.

I am where you are at, chatty. I'm seriously thinking of down sizing. It means starting over for us too. Just the thought is exhausting,..but I'm afraid the longer we wait, the harder it gets to move. So, although we love our house, we both know it's not ideal here for getting old. We would like to live closer to a city. It means moving from a house to an apartment. We both have a hard time dealing with that. But we also agree, that another house would be ridiculous, because it would mean moving again when we are too old to take care of a garden. So we'll see. I just hope that we have no regrets.

#206419 - 08/04/10 08:11 PM Re: Starting over [Re: Edelweiss2]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Have you thought about where you will move, chatty?

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#206463 - 08/04/10 11:34 PM Re: Starting over [Re: Anno]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I woulod like to be somewhere where there is lots of water for fishing and sitting next to to write. I love the smell of the ocean but a lake would be okay too. I love small towns like maybe somewhere in Maine but then Portland has some small nice towns. Can you see how confused I am? All I need is money and off I'll go.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#206485 - 08/05/10 11:53 AM Re: Starting over [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
We are not moving anytime soon, but I am downsizing by getting rid of items we no longer use, and it feels so good.

While two of the kids were here, I got their permission to get rid of all the VHS tapes/movies because we dont' have a VCR. That cleared out two entire shelves in one big closet. WOW. I gave one huge bag of all the Disney movies to a good friend who teaches kindergarten because they have antiquated equipment in her classroom and she was so psyched to get them.

I've gone through clothes and books over and over again getting rid of more each time. Ross went through ties yesterday and I went through accessories I never wear. Why was I keeping that stuff?

Anyway, when we decide to move, we'll have less to take with us.

Next, I'm going through all of our glasses and serving dishes. We've accululated too much.

#206506 - 08/05/10 08:17 PM Re: Starting over [Re: Dotsie]
copygal Offline

Loc: Texas
I've done the downsizing thing too, in order to move into this smaller apartment. But I realized I had hung onto so many items from habit rather than real need. So, I got ruthless this time around and gave things away or threw them away. This is a new start and time to change, so I'm down to bare essentials. At this moment I don't even have a chair for my living room, but I'm working on that. What I do have in abundance is yarn. I may have changed a lot of old habits, but I refuse to give up crocheting; that would be like giving up breathing. In a way, the downsizing has brought about a sense of freedom. I've learned it's okay to change things about my life and do things differently, do things my way. Sometimes, change can be good.

Life is what happens while you're making other plans.

#206520 - 08/05/10 10:40 PM Re: Starting over [Re: copygal]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Thats so funny copygal, I have all my precious crocheting yarns in a huge box. I could not even think of parting with a single skein unless I crocheted it into a lovely afghan for someone.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved