The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 155 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#207711 - 09/15/10 08:42 AM Shared words...
Mountain Ash Offline

A Friend sent me this message..she is a woman who uplifts when she speaks and writes...let me share what she sent.

Summer's End
Summer, it's a time of abundance, to enjoy the summer sun, flowers and fruits ... but, summer, like everything else, doesn't last forever. If summer was forever, all the energy and potential would reach its limits and inertia would set in. And so slowly but surely, the cycle turns; everything moves on. Everything has it's own time; it's own season. Remember, the end of something good, means the start of something also good. All you have to do is be connected and in tune with the natural flow of nature's energies.

#207712 - 09/15/10 10:47 AM Re: Shared words... [Re: Mountain Ash]
Edelweiss2 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Yes..I like that, "...in tune with the natural flow of nature's energies."

#207718 - 09/15/10 01:16 PM Re: Shared words... [Re: Edelweiss2]
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Summer Ends and Fall begins... ans so the cycle of seasons goes on.

The Bible says in Ecclesiastes 3:1
"To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven..."

I find very interesting the cycle of life and also, that God in His infinite wisdom, chose to create different seasons. And each season has its own beauty, and we can learn from each one and enjoy them.
NABBW & NAWW

#207735 - 09/16/10 08:20 AM Re: Shared words... [Re: Songbird]
Mountain Ash Offline

I like that you draw a connection Songbird to my friends quote with biblical text.
Ecclesiastes is also used on my family tomb.."Like the leaf we all must die" Given that this was engraved in 1895 it tells me
that words endure.

My friend is a humanist and as we journey some of our life together I see srong similarities to other women who I care for and myself who have different beliefs.

So to pose a question...does love and regard for humanity cross cultural and faith barriers.
My short answer is "yes"
embrace the difference

#207757 - 09/17/10 01:37 AM Re: Shared words... [Re: Mountain Ash]
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Interesting, Mountain Ash:

Love and regard for humanity cross cultural and faith barriers, but the Bible tells us that true love comes from God, who is love Himself. (1 John 4:8) He is the Author of love.

So I believe God put in humanity the seed of love, and as we come to know Him better, we learn to love ourselves and also learn to love our neighbors as he called us to do.
NABBW & NAWW

#207758 - 09/17/10 07:58 AM Re: Shared words... [Re: Songbird]
Mountain Ash Offline

Interesting..

#207891 - 09/21/10 08:17 AM Re: Shared words... [Re: Mountain Ash]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Quote:
So to pose a question...does love and regard for humanity cross cultural and faith barriers.
My short answer is "yes"
embrace the difference

Tonight I went to a monthly dinner/discussion with friends who are from a variety of faiths, cultures, and beliefs. We are all spiritual; some are religious and some are not.

There is love for all, and acceptance of all. There is cross-cultural sharing, open minds and hearts for new people and ideas.

No proselytization, no condemnation, no "my way is better than your way." Just love.

What makes it work is that we don't see our differences as barriers, but rather threads in a tapestry.

Poet and essayist

#207892 - 09/21/10 09:58 AM Re: Shared words... [Re: meredithbead]
Mountain Ash Offline

You know Merideth I knew your opinion would be so encompassing.

and for me life is a tapestry..I was taught to make the back of a piece of sewing as tidy as the front..stonemasons who carved cathedrals and castles made the work at the highest point and least viwed as splendid as those on view.

my short answer is also "yes"

Edited by Mountain Ash (09/21/10 09:59 AM)

#207899 - 09/21/10 10:44 PM Re: Shared words... [Re: Mountain Ash]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
I'm in agreement, a heartfelt "yes." love your analogy to tapestries and medieval stone masons.

By the way, I watched that Starz TV special on Ken Follet's fabulous book, "The Pillars of the Earth," and seeing those stonemasons in action was so amazing.

I'd recommend the miniseries to anyone who didn't yet see it. The Pillars of the Earth
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#208075 - 09/30/10 01:55 PM Re: Shared words... [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Divine,
I like that statement: "Threads in a tapestry!"

Songbird,
I love your site name. I'm sure I see "seeds of love" in all
humanity. I don't understand humans being cruel to other living
creatures, be 'em human or animal. I don't understand hurting
anything or anyone. I've known people who show little love and I've know people who show lots of love. And I believe God is Love. So I don't know where that leaves me????

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved