The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 88 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#207848 - 09/19/10 09:06 PM Re: Another Rug Pulled Out [Re: ]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
I don't know what your situation is, Eagle, but I so understand that feeling! Have been feeling like that for a couple of weeks now, ready to explode, wanting to scream my head off. But that would just scare the dogs, so I just breath in and out and try to remember that this too shall pass.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#207851 - 09/19/10 10:59 PM Re: Another Rug Pulled Out [Re: yonuh]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Thank you everyone! It helps to know that others care. This too shall pass...everything does eventually, doesn't it.

There is one silver lining rippling through, though some may find it uncomfortable to hear me mention this. I'm sharing for the sake of those who have known me, read my book, and/or are familiar with my background. For over 40 years I have struggled with 'suicide thinking'. For much of my life, it has always been an option, sometimes the first option. It's always been there, a teeny tiny whisper in the back of my mind, a sort of escape route. I decided a long time ago that it was not nor ever would be the answer for me, but that has never stopped those thoughts from haunting me all of these years.

I need to share here, that this is the FIRST major devastating situation I've had to deal with where "ending it all" has NOT even entered my mind as an option! I realized that today, that I've contemplated leaving, going on a long trip, moving, curling up in bed, screaming...but not once have I heard even a tiny whisper of that old thinking.

That is a MAJOR breakthrough for me. I've been working for a very long time on silencing those whispers and changing my mindset - I've been flinging LIFE into those patterns of thinking. In the midst of this pain and emotional distress and life upheaval, this is a brilliant breakthrough, and cause for celebration.

With all of my heart, I finally know that "I WANT TO LIVE"

Edited by Eagle Heart (09/19/10 11:03 PM)

(Maya Angelou)

#207852 - 09/20/10 12:43 AM Re: Another Rug Pulled Out [Re: Eagle Heart]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
Wow, Eagle, that is great, and quite an accomplishment. You are doing something right if it's working that well.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#207860 - 09/20/10 02:12 AM Re: Another Rug Pulled Out [Re: yonuh]
Ellemm Offline

So glad to hear it, Eagle. I don't know what has knocked you back, but with that strength and will, I can only feel you will come out on the other side of this. I feel better just reading this and hope you do as well. Tomorrow is another day: onward and upward. I'll be thinking good thoughts of you.

#207861 - 09/20/10 02:54 AM Re: Another Rug Pulled Out [Re: Ellemm]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Somewhere in the past year, I was finally able to put together wisdoms and readings and inspirations from throughout my journey over the past few years and believe now, with every fibre of my being, that as long as we're breathing, we're meant to still be here. That every morning when we wake up, we wake up because we're meant to live that day, that there's still a purpose to our lives, and that it's a new day, a new chance to learn whatever it is we're meant to be learning, and to do whatever we're meant to be doing.

It has been empowering. Even if I go to bed disappointed in myself, or the way I lived that day, I know that if I wake up tomorrow morning, I get the chance to do it right, to learn it better, to love more, to make more of a positive difference in the world and in the lives I'm allowed to touch throughout the day.

It's that belief, plus a profound sense of the tender compassion of God who is very patient and understands why it takes so long for us humans to "get it", that has made the difference. I believe that that's what has silenced the life-long thinking patterns of a little child who was somehow made to believe that everyone would be better off if she just disappeared. It only took me 50 years to convince that little heart otherwise! Thank God and all of you wonderful wise women for helping!

(Maya Angelou)

#207864 - 09/20/10 07:09 AM Re: Another Rug Pulled Out [Re: Eagle Heart]
Edelweiss2 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
That's the spirit, Eagleheart. You sound strong and determined today. You are very much in my thoughts, and they are all positive ones!

#207866 - 09/20/10 01:01 PM Re: Another Rug Pulled Out [Re: Edelweiss2]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Eagle,
IMO the world is better off with you in it!!!! You have a sweet,
sweet spirit; and the world needs sweet spirits to make it a
better place in which to live! Thank God for people like you!!!
We need you!!!

#207872 - 09/20/10 04:27 PM Re: Another Rug Pulled Out [Re: jabber]
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Dear Eagle:
Please remember that God loves you and so do we. You are special. God made you totally unique.

Only you can accomplish what God has in mind for you. You are very dear and close to my heart. Although I have not been around BWS during the weekend, please know that I continue to pray for you.

I'm sorry for all the distress you are going through right now. But we are praying for you and there is no sorrow on earth that heaven can't heal. Please remember that God has an answer for our needs, sorrows, discouraging situations, etc.

With every breathe we can choose to praise God and cling to Him no matter what the circumstances are.

He is still loving you and holding you in the palm of his hand. No one can take you away from there. You are sheltered in His love, even when you still feel the winds of the storm. He will never let go of you, for you are precious to Him. He is in control although at times we cry and feel so helpless. He is our Rock and our HELP in time of need.

We love you, we pray for you, we care and trust that there is a blessing behind this that you are experiencing right now.

Never lose hope. Never lose faith. Never lose the love for nothing can separate us from the love of Christ.
NABBW & NAWW

#207881 - 09/21/10 12:34 AM Re: Another Rug Pulled Out [Re: Songbird]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Woo Hoo Eagleheart! That is SUCH a big breakthrough for you. I celebrate your will to live!
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#207884 - 09/21/10 01:53 AM Re: Another Rug Pulled Out [Re: Anne Holmes]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Wow, Eagle, it is a breakthrough for you to realize that your mind did not turn to the ultimate permanent option. It's like someone who has been in chronic pain, and realizes the blessing of a pain free moment. We have already shared, albeit in private, our common thread of suicidal thinking. It's great to hear that your prayers and practice to NOT think of it in a habitual way has served you in this sudden, random crisis. I don't come to BWS as often as I used to, but I can't imagine it here without you. You have a presence that is a gift. You are a child of God, no less than the trees and the stars!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved