The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 123 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#207988 - 09/25/10 02:46 PM Re: Prayer for Employment [Re: ]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
I live in a big city area which may account for federal govn't services to provide employment counselling, some basic resources. The govn't also subcontracts to non-profit organizations (I think less than 10) that target groups who are unemployed by designing programs for certain groups.

It is better to get such services from trained, paid staff who have been selected for having skills of counselling, skills assessment, community non-profit work. Not from volunteers since not all have them have this breadth of skills.

These services are open to any Canadian with documentation from federal govn't that one is unemployed. Even when unemployment payments run out, one can still use the services with appropriate ID and prior registraton process with counsellors

Tthis how a govn't should operate and deliver services: humane and making every effort to help their citizens become productive. For this alone, I am grateful.

Yes, hope I find job ok. I'll have to see how things work out for next few months. The employer, a govn't organization is undergoing considerable restructuring for various reasons..including many boomer staff retiring. Meanwhile there are other boomers like us, who need to work.

Hope you find/develop a new skill during this time period to add to your portfolio. A skill that comes naturally to you or you would like to pursue.

Maybe we should talk more about this under "Fired", not under "Prayers"...since the discussion might veer elsewhere.

Edited by orchid (09/25/10 02:50 PM)

#207989 - 09/25/10 02:53 PM Re: Prayer for Employment [Re: orchid]
MustangGal
Unregistered

Yes, considering I'm under 'fire' that would be a suitable place.

#208078 - 09/30/10 02:05 PM Re: Prayer for Employment [Re: ]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Praying for everyone looking for work. God in Heaven bless these
people looking for work. Let them find the perfect position, so
they can enjoy getting up in the morning and living each day!

#208086 - 10/01/10 03:13 AM Re: Prayer for Employment [Re: jabber]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Jabber, so nice of you to include everyone. I'm going to include myself and my husband in the "God bless those looking for work." I usually think someone needs something way more than I do. At this point, my husband is employed but underemployed, working an hourly rate with no benefits. His age seems to be a deterrent to employees. I wish our society valued experience! I'm ready to earn money but it has to be from home. I must say that despite the circumstances, my husband and I do wake up in the morning ready to enjoy what we can. We practice a gratitude journal together.

#208090 - 10/01/10 01:19 PM Re: Prayer for Employment [Re: Princess Lenora]
jabber Offline

PL,
If you want, check back on Good Morning America's recent broadcasts. I think I remember them giving a website for people
looking for work and strictly wanting to work from home. As I recall, it was a large number of companies looking for this type
of employee. A little research on GMA, might net you some valuable info. Here's hoping! Prayers and blessings,

#208179 - 10/05/10 12:22 PM Re: Prayer for Employment [Re: jabber]
MustangGal
Unregistered

Thank you, I'll do the same, too!

#208242 - 10/07/10 02:03 PM Re: Prayer for Employment [Re: ]
jabber Offline

Hi Mustang,
Still praying for you to find enjoyable, rewarding work, which
provides above and beyond your financial needs. Blessings!!!

#208319 - 10/11/10 02:09 AM Re: Prayer for Employment [Re: jabber]
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Mustang, Please know that I'm praying for you. God has a way and He is our Provider. Take courage and trust... The answer will come when you least expect.

Blessings!
NABBW & NAWW

#208371 - 10/12/10 08:50 PM Re: Prayer for Employment [Re: Songbird]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Mustang, Just wanted to share with you, Orchid, and any other forum members who are looking for work that Dumont Gerken Owen, our NABBW Associate who specializes in work related issues, is hosting a F*R*E*E teleseminar on how to "Master Your Personal Brand to Promote your Candidacy for the Career You Really Want."

You can learn more about it here: Free teleseminar on finding work

The date for the call is Tuesday October 19th at Noon EST.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#208376 - 10/13/10 12:01 AM Re: Prayer for Employment [Re: Anne Holmes]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
There are some good tips here.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved