The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 59 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#208528 - 10/20/10 09:07 PM Re: blessed beyond my belief [Re: jabber]
judym Offline

Loc: AL
thank you so much. And YES we are so happy! Retirement (oh when!) will be a challenge, I hope we can keep our wits about us and meld better then!

#208533 - 10/20/10 09:55 PM Re: blessed beyond my belief [Re: judym]
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Judy, although a bit late, I still want to congratulate you and wish you continued joy and love and understanding. Learning to value each other with your differences and virtues is key to a great marriage. I pray you can continue to share the great adventure of life with love and respect for one another.
Blessings!
NABBW & NAWW

#208546 - 10/21/10 02:06 PM Re: blessed beyond my belief [Re: Songbird]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Songbird,
That was beautifully put. What sweet wishes!

#208654 - 10/29/10 08:00 PM Re: blessed beyond my belief [Re: jabber]
judym Offline

Thank you Songbird. What a nice post, beautifully put and so treasured. You have the gift of words! I appreciate your posting and the prayer you sent with that. I really belive in the power of prayer, and it keeps the knots in our hearts and souls from clenching us up, truly! Thank you and Thanks Jabber too! I appreciate all your sweet wishes! I surely hope you don't think I had too much hubris to post this but I had to! I know we are blessed and I give thanks every day. It's always like the A ticket to Disney World but so worth it! And who doesn't like Disney World! Carpe Diem!

#209368 - 12/03/10 01:53 AM Re: blessed beyond my belief [Re: judym]
Glenda Schoonmak Offline

Loc: Arizona
I'm late in saying congratulations, but I just signed on today. I love to read about marriage encounters (and your initial part sounds very much like my own story).

A belated Congratulations on 37 years!

#209436 - 12/05/10 08:33 PM Re: blessed beyond my belief [Re: Glenda Schoonmak]
judym Offline

Liking that so much, Glenda...it's all good, isn't it (even the ups and downs and the sideways bits!). Glad we share a similar story, that's a good thing I like about posting here, you learn that there are others that share the same story, and that really helps to bolster your spirit...we have become so distanced from friends and neighbors, and I am blessed to have a bounty of both that I share different things with when I know their acceptability of certain things...and I am always in wonder of the power of women and the understanding and props they give to their friends and acquaintances...seriously! It's not just a southern thing, I really think all women are woven into the story of life, and that is something not dismissed lightly. That is why when a baby is born, or a marriage made, I always speil out my "welcome to the circle of life" diatribe (sometimes on deaf ears, the young ones don't seem to understand..) . It's what I have come to know and embrace,and it is pretty powerful. and even if you have lost or divorced your spouse, or never had children- this is powerful. Women make a difference in the path of life. We are linked to the spirit of our world and lives...and women carry the burdens and come to know their path in this miasma called life. And thank you for your congrats, I don't profess to be the be all and end all, I just give thanks for every blessing that comes our way -sometimes that is a stretch but it is so grounding to give words to your blessings...(and that man of mine, my heart, I worry so for him and love him so...)

#209441 - 12/05/10 09:17 PM Re: blessed beyond my belief [Re: judym]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
JudyM you say retirement will be a challenge, and I assume you mean because it will bring on a time when the two of you are together 24/7, something you have not experienced.

I'm guessing that, because my sister, who has been married to her husband for 35 years has indicated to me that she is going to work as long as she can (she is something like 5 years younger than her hubbie) so as to put off as long as possible the time when they will both be retired from work...

Steve and I have been successfully working together from our home offices for over 10 years now, so I can tell you it CAN be done and it CAN be wonderful. Don't worry, you will undoubtedly work it out. smile

Anne
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#209461 - 12/06/10 10:39 PM Re: blessed beyond my belief [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
WB and I are together 24/7; and I love it!

#209462 - 12/07/10 04:28 AM Re: blessed beyond my belief [Re: jabber]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
I agree, Jabber. I wouldn't have it any other way. But I know some couples are nervous about that much "togetherness." Probably because they have not been together that much since the time they were dating -- and that was many moons ago - and a lot has changed since then. So it is scary a lot of couples.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved