The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 76 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#209082 - 11/21/10 10:21 PM Re: Sad News - Poppie [Re: Sandpiper]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
I haven't been around in ages, but I couldn't let Poppies passing go by without witnessing it here. This is where I met Poppie first.

When Poppie first arrived here, she was a young, naive and searching for a way to further her exploration in the design of silver. She grew up before our very eyes.

A few years ago, when everyone around here was in bragging mode about grandkids, Poppie offered to let me adopt Lucien as my own. Michelle came on board with it, and we went from there.

I met Poppie first in London, where she was finally going to school. We met a few more times, and finally, last summer, I was priviledged to meet both Michelle and Lucein. Dennis and I spent the day with the 3 of them in Dublin, exploring anything and everything.

I feel great sorrow for Michelle and Lucien. They will miss Poppie so much. My heart is pouring out to them.

I will miss Poppie - one of the nicest gals I have ever met. She had a heart the size of Texas. She will always be in my heart.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#209084 - 11/21/10 11:43 PM Re: Sad News - Poppie [Re: Anno]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Oh my God Anno how terrible. She was so very young. Do you know what took her from us? I can hardly believe this.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#209107 - 11/22/10 01:52 AM Re: Sad News - Poppie [Re: chatty lady]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
I'm so shocked, celtic. She was artistically gifted and had so much to offer.

#209111 - 11/22/10 03:21 PM Re: Sad News - Poppie [Re: orchid]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Poppie was beautiful and I love yonuh's poem about not being
dead but melting into and existing in the environment! Don't
stand by my grave and weep. The posts here a very helpful not only as we grieve for Poppie but for others we've recently lost
as well. Prayers and blessings to Celtic Flame, her kinfolk and friends!

Mountain Ash,
I just reread your poem and it's lovely, too. Death is a difficult adjustment for those left behind. And I don't care
what age a person is, the void seems bigger than the Grand
Canyon. It's great we have one another to help with some sort of healing process.

Edited by jabber (11/22/10 03:27 PM)

#209115 - 11/22/10 05:21 PM Re: Sad News - Poppie [Re: jabber]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I haven't been around for ages either but I wanted to honor Poppie here and have such fond memories of her. Always there to help with a positive thought. I remember viewing their wedding pictures and how happy they were.

This is such a huge loss and so tragic. My heart and prayers go out to her loved ones.

Sail on, Poppie.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#209117 - 11/22/10 05:44 PM Re: Sad News - Poppie [Re: Dianne]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
I really didn't have much opportunity to get to know Poppie, but I add my voice to those who mourn her loss.

Blessings to Michelle and Lucien and all the other loved ones she leaves behind.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#209125 - 11/23/10 01:52 AM Re: Sad News - Poppie [Re: Anne Holmes]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
When I saw this on Facebook yesterday, I was stunned. I cry every time I think of her.

From the first time Poppie posted here, I felt a connection to a kindred spirit. She was a many-talented woman so full of love and life. I wish we had met in person.

My love to Celtic, Robert and Lucien in this difficult time.

Poet and essayist

#209127 - 11/23/10 09:39 AM Re: Sad News - Poppie [Re: meredithbead]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Dearest all

Celt contacted me today with an update which I have forwarded to Anno for posting on FB on Celt's behalf. I now do the same here for those who are not on FB:

Michelle is with Poppie's family in Dunganon where they are currently holding a wake to be followed by a move to Michelle's on Wednesday. The funeral is the following day, Thursday and cremation is to take place at 1:30 P.M.

Please pray for Michelle as I understand that she is not well and having health problems with an already broken heart.

I shall post further updates as and when I receive them.

God bless.

#209130 - 11/23/10 07:55 PM Re: Sad News - Poppie [Re: Lola]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Thanks for the update, Lola!

Will keep Michelle in our prayers. I recall how devastated my kids were when their father died. It is never easy to lose a parent, but losing one when you are young is terribly hard.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#209131 - 11/23/10 08:03 PM Re: Sad News - Poppie [Re: Anne Holmes]
Edelweiss2 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Oh Lola, I'm so glad you are in contact with Michelle. I can't imagine how horrible this all is for her, especially if she is feeling ill herself. Hopefully she has help to take care of Lucien.

Please do keep us posted, and tell her how much she is in our heart and prayers.

Meredith, I sensed that connection between you two talented jewlers. Sending you a hug too.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved