The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 170 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#209373 - 12/03/10 09:56 AM For Janis/Smilinize
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Awhile back I asked for prayers for one of our own and said I was suppose to keep her identity secret until she found out her diagnosis for sure. Well our dear friend Janis/Smilizize who was one of the original Boomers has found out she does have Lyphoma spread through her lymph nodes and also she has Leukemia. She is at home and so far isn't feeling too bad but they haven't started filling her with chemo and radiation. She asks for your prayers and knows how Boomer prayer seems to help whomever it is directed at. I will keep you all informed as to her progress but this is not a good diagnosis. Please pray for Janis, her husband Dan...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#209380 - 12/03/10 01:41 PM Re: For Janis/Smilinize [Re: chatty lady]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I'm so sorry to hear this. I've been in contact with Janis through Facebook and have been carrying her in prayer. What a frightening diagnosis for her. I will indeed keep her in heart and prayer. Janis, words are difficult to find at times like this, just know how treasured and loved you are and feel our loving care surround you as you embark on this trek. xoxoxo

(Maya Angelou)

#209384 - 12/03/10 03:19 PM Re: For Janis/Smilinize [Re: Eagle Heart]
Edelweiss2 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Janis, I wish you all of these. You are in my prayers.

#209385 - 12/03/10 04:38 PM Re: For Janis/Smilinize [Re: Edelweiss2]
Eagle Heart Offline

Beautiful, Edelweiss!!

(Maya Angelou)

#209400 - 12/04/10 10:43 AM Re: For Janis/Smilinize [Re: Eagle Heart]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
By the way Sharon, how are you doing after your own ordeal? I am praying for you as well.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#209401 - 12/04/10 12:06 PM Re: For Janis/Smilinize [Re: chatty lady]
Eagle Heart Offline

It's been a rough few days. I've been in such severe pain that I called the surgeon's liaison nurse yesterday. She was kind enough to speak with me for quite awhile and we determined what was causing the pain. Apparently when the doctor removed everything (hysterectomy), she also removed LOTS (she emphasized the word LOTS) of endometriosis - which I never knew I had!! So we think the pain is from all the adhesions in there. Interesting news to hear, because I've been in pain and discomfort for so long that I can't remember what it feels like to be pain-free. But the doctors could never find anything wrong, and so put it down to emotional/psychological, which made me feel so much worse. But this explains the unidentified pain, the chronic fatigue, even the back pain that has plagued me for the past few years.

Which means, that when all of this is healed, I could find a whole new quality of life I haven't experienced before. A light at the end of the tunnel!!

(Maya Angelou)

#209405 - 12/04/10 03:19 PM Re: For Janis/Smilinize [Re: Eagle Heart]
Mountain Ash Offline

Your experience mirrors a close friend's..
she was labelled nuerotic..etc..after all the gyna (hyster)and bowel adhesions (resection) were removed she met with her doctor to review her medical record...some pages were deleted

she is in fact a strong able woman but she had years of misdiagnosis.
so Eagle...look forward to a new page health wise..

#209408 - 12/04/10 09:42 PM Re: For Janis/Smilinize [Re: Mountain Ash]
Edelweiss2 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
I hope hope hope, Eagle, that this will solve all the medical problems. Once again, it goes to show that we all have to investigate and inform ourselves as well as we can about our health and treatments. I find that puzzling that the docto didn't inform you, himself, as to what he discovered and what he undertook. I would inquire about that. Don't let him off the hook too easily.

#209411 - 12/05/10 12:21 AM Re: For Janis/Smilinize [Re: Edelweiss2]
Eagle Heart Offline

Do you mean my surgeon or my GP? (both are female) I think the surgeon may have mentioned something but it was at 6am the morning after my surgery and I was still pretty drugged up. I was waiting until my follow-up to ask her all about it (follow up is Jan 10).

It's my GP I'm annoyed with. Years and years of complaining for naught. To be fair, she did run every test I ever asked her to run, but I had to do my own research for just about anything and everything to know what to ask for. In 2002, when I had my major breakdown, I was in serious trouble with profound depression. I went to her repeatedly and even after I had to quit my job, she still didn't do anything. It wasn't until hubby went in with me and begged my GP to listen to me that she finally clued in. But even then she didn't know who to refer me to...I had to go home, and search the Internet for a psychologist in the area, contact him, and then go back to my GP for the referral.

Believe me, I've tried to find another family doctor, but they're almost impossible to find now, so I'm hanging on to this one. At least she does listen when I go in with information and test requests. It did take me a long time to get her to take action with all this pelvic investigation. We began the initial testing over two years ago and it took this long to get to a diagnosis and treatment.

(Maya Angelou)

#209414 - 12/05/10 04:44 AM Re: For Janis/Smilinize [Re: Eagle Heart]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Quote:
Believe me, I've tried to find another family doctor, but they're almost impossible to find now, so I'm hanging on to this one. At least she does listen when I go in with information and test requests. It did take me a long time to get her to take action with all this pelvic investigation. We began the initial testing over two years ago and it took this long to get to a diagnosis and treatment.

You mean that there aren't new doctors available to take upon new patients in the Ottawa area? Meanwhile I will have to find a doctor in my new city at some point.

I hope the surgery will allievaite for for good that pain.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved