The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 165 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#208379 - 10/13/10 01:05 AM I don't think I'll ever be thin again.
myownperson59 Offline

Which is discouraging, since as a young woman it was pretty important to me. Now, though, I am 62 and retired and don't really do much to watch my weight or exercise. Every day I tell myself today is the day and every day I fail.

#208380 - 10/13/10 02:57 AM Re: I don't think I'll ever be thin again. [Re: myownperson59]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
Perhaps you're setting your goals too high or they are not specific enough? It works better if we set small goals and reach those before setting another. If exercising and losing weight are your goals, how can you break those into smaller steps that are manageable? Perhaps walk to the end of the block and back every day for a week then increase it; perhaps substitute one healthy item in your diet every day for a while then add another one. It is so much easier to make small changes one at a time than it is to just say change is needed. I need to lose a lot of pounds, and if I think about it, it seems too much to handle. But when I say I will lose one pound this week, that seems much more doable.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#209376 - 12/03/10 10:10 AM Re: I don't think I'll ever be thin again. [Re: yonuh]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I have tried every diet known to man over the years and failed on them all. Then I decided to eat several small meals per day, whatever I wanted just less of it if fattening, and I am going down steadily, even lost 3 pounds over Thanksgiving. I am thinner now than in the 1970's and feel better too.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#209459 - 12/06/10 10:38 PM Re: I don't think I'll ever be thin again. [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Welcome myownperson59. Just keep at it. You'll succeed if you don't give up, IMO.

#209787 - 12/22/10 12:43 AM Re: I don't think I'll ever be thin again. [Re: jabber]
1prohealthy Offline

It's a known fact that diets just don't work. I like the idea of 4-5 small meals a day. Be sure to include some form of exercise to your program. What works for me is the 80-20 rule. 80% of the time, I strive to eat healthy, and 20% of the time, I may add some of my favorites. As we age, our metabolism slows down, so portion control is key. Stay consistent and you'll see permanent changes.

I hope this helps!

#209824 - 12/24/10 02:16 AM Re: I don't think I'll ever be thin again. [Re: 1prohealthy]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
ALL great advice 1prohealthy. It's what I do and have been steadily been losing weight. NO fancy - expensive, meal delivered to the door plan, no strict eat one thing diets, none of those only carbs, only protein rules, YUK!!! I eat healthey and move alot more than I ever did before and steadily the weight just keeps falling off, slow but sure!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#209974 - 01/02/11 03:18 PM Re: I don't think I'll ever be thin again. [Re: chatty lady]
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
Chatty I totally agree!

For me there is also some inner healing that needs to take place.

Marianne Williamson has written a book on the spiritual side of weight..it's called "A course in Weight Loss".

I just started it - she wrote it for/with Oprah.

I'm ready to be done with this whole weight loss thing - and enjoy my life! (however, need to get the weight off once and for all!)

Danita

My most recent story for my mom:
http://www.heritagemakers.com/projectBro...tSponsor=384221

#209975 - 01/02/11 04:09 PM Re: I don't think I'll ever be thin again. [Re: Danita]
Mountain Ash Offline

Danita
I will look for Marianne's book,I have changed shape...become like my Aunts and Granma.But realise that was a generation ago...
and with todays knowledge and naturopath help my task for 2011 is to trim down.
Mostly for me it is to loose some weight...slowly and once I have and can garden again keep at a healthy weight.(Input and output)
I am not fat...but certainly changed from before age 60.
For the whole of Dec most of my friends family and I have been stay at home..the weather has been awful...so what do we all do..cook...and cook some more.
But a good book may just be the kick start I need.Thank you.

#209977 - 01/02/11 07:39 PM Re: I don't think I'll ever be thin again. [Re: Mountain Ash]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Yes MA, cooking while indoors, and during the holidays. I am ready for the holidays to be over. Tomorrow I switch out of holiday mode and get back to boring eating. I lost a few pounds before the holidays and am certain they are back on now. Haven't even weighed myself and won't for a couple weeks of regular eating again.

Bottom line - I must less and exercise more. May we all join hands and venture into healthy eating and exercise in 2011. Anyone holding my hand?

#209983 - 01/02/11 08:17 PM Re: I don't think I'll ever be thin again. [Re: Dotsie]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
I'm in their holding hands with all of you.

And I am going to start into some sort of an exercise program again. I am starting to notice that I am losing agility, and I think I can get that back if I move more than I have been doing...

Anyone doing yoga or Pilates? I am thinking about yoga and stretching exercises as a place to start...
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved