The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 164 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#209514 - 12/08/10 09:01 PM Re: In Memory of our Loved Ones [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Okay. I found it.

I had a friend who would phone and say, "Hi there sunshine. Whatcha doin'?" Then he'd begin to tell me jokes. After each
joke, he'd squeal like a pig. He was so funny, always laughing, always joking. This guy was known for helping others.

Another friend I lost, would be at most social events I went to. He'd always ask me to dance or sit and socialize with me and WB for hours at a time. This guy I knew for 40 years or more.

My cousin owned a cabin down near the Stateline. She had ladies' getaway weekends. And she and I always snowmobiled together. I stood up in her wedding and she in mine.
Our moms were close too. We'd go to lunch. And we'd talk on the phone for hours at a time.

My other friend and I went shopping together; took trips together; and did lunch together. We were closer than blood kin. But she got into a jam, I couldn't pull her out of; and, I feel bad that I didn't realize what was happening to her before it was too late to fix.

I've always valued friendships. Like the song says, "From now on all my friends are gonna be strangers. I'm all through ever lovin' anyone." Not really. But that's how I'm feelin' momentarily.

Edited by jabber (12/09/10 04:38 PM)

#209515 - 12/08/10 09:05 PM Re: In Memory of our Loved Ones [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

It was a shock when the most recent passing took place. The day before she died, the subject seemed fine and dandy. A schoolteacher in her younger days, all those who knew her highly sing her praise. She was tiny and cute, gentle and sweet, and I'm a better person for knowing her: that I'll always repeat. smile

Edited by jabber (12/09/10 04:30 PM)

#209521 - 12/09/10 09:28 AM Re: In Memory of our Loved Ones [Re: jabber]
Edelweiss2 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Quote:
…the next time one of these strange events begins to happen, stop what you are doing and mentally communicate with the spirit: Tell the spirit they have caught your attention and ask for the message to be delivered to you.

Yes, Anne, I totally agree. It’s all about letting yourself completely fall, and just let it happen. Sort of like good sex. Lol lol….actually I’m serious. There is a similarity.

Jabber, thank you for sharing your memories. I’m sure you just need time before you can make close friends again. Sort of like losing a spouse, - most wouldn’t marry right afterwards either. We are your friends here, Jabber. And we understand that we all need time to heal.

Loved your poem, and the thought of seeing the faces we loved in our mind’s eye.

#209525 - 12/09/10 10:09 AM Re: In Memory of our Loved Ones [Re: Anne Holmes]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I was married fourteen years to my best friend snd life partner. I was supremely happy with him and all he did and was. The week we met he said he had had a dream the evening before he met a dark haired, blue eyed woman with a laugh that filled his very being. For our first Christmas, newly married he bought me a lovely charm bracelet. For every Christmas he bought me a special charm and when I asked how he knew just what to buy he said, he dreamed it. The first Christmas after his death I bought gifts for the kids but told them to just buy for one another and not for me. I was sad knowing he wasn't going to buy me a charm and I always looked forward to them, seeing what he chose. The boys and I were coming out of midnight mass before entering our car and I kicked something, when I picked it up it was a charm of a woman and two kids in front of a Christmas tree. Tears came to my eyes and I just knew he had placed it there somehow. (YES I BELIEVE IN SPIRITS...) NO more found charms but my sons began buying me charms for awhile.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#209526 - 12/09/10 10:34 AM Re: In Memory of our Loved Ones [Re: chatty lady]
Edelweiss2 Offline

Chatty, I believe these happenings and or visions come to those who have truly loved with their whole being. I believe through this love, we remain united after death.
I don't mean to say, those who have loved their lost ones and haven't experienced a sign or vision didn't truly love them. I think it is a combination of love and allowing it to happen.

I bet the charm, you found, is the most special one of all. What a beautiful heart warming story.

#209530 - 12/09/10 04:41 PM Re: In Memory of our Loved Ones [Re: Edelweiss2]
jabber Offline

Chatty,
It sounds like to me, you had a wonderful marriage, there. And
some people never know that kind of love. God has put some awesome people in my life, awesome friends. And I'm thankful for that. I'm glad you had a chance to experience that kind of love!

Edited by jabber (12/09/10 04:42 PM)

#209531 - 12/09/10 04:54 PM Re: In Memory of our Loved Ones [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

I believe in visions, too! And in my mind's eye I see the faces and hear the laughter of all those who've gone on before me from death into life eternal: There's my adoptive dad, mom, grandma, grandpa, cousins and many, many friends. God and His angels are
what keep me, keepin' on! I'm so grateful all these wonderful people crossed the paths of my life!

Thanks for starting this thread, Edelweiss. It is soothing to
the soul!

Edited by jabber (12/09/10 04:55 PM)

#209534 - 12/09/10 07:16 PM Re: In Memory of our Loved Ones [Re: jabber]
Edelweiss2 Offline

I think you will like this photo, Jabber.
This is for you, and anyone else who finds
comfort from it.

Today, for the first time since my mother died, I returned to her senior home, to give the caretakers there boxes of chocolates and Christmas money, as a thank you for all they have done.

I also visited some of the residents who were friends with my mother. It was wonderful and comforting to see them again. I was so afraid that I would break down and cry, but instead I found sincere caring and love, which gave me peace. I know I will be visitng these dear people often.

#209544 - 12/10/10 10:33 AM Re: In Memory of our Loved Ones [Re: Edelweiss2]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Edelweiss you always seem to come up with just what we all need, a perfect picture. I will miss your delightful Christmas card but hope you and Umpa have a wonderful vacation and Christmas holiday.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#209546 - 12/10/10 02:25 PM Re: In Memory of our Loved Ones [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Edelweiss,
Thank you. That is a beautiful picture! Angels in Heaven: How
comforting!

When my friend was in the nursing home, I took boxes of chocolate to her caregivers at Christmastime. There are some
awesome people working in those facilities!

Edited by jabber (12/10/10 02:27 PM)

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved