The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 199 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#209478 - 12/07/10 09:45 PM In Memory of our Loved Ones
Edelweiss2 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Seems to me that this has been a year where many of us are mourning loved ones who have passed on. Anyone who has fond memories of a friend or relative that isn't with us anymore, may like to share with us a particular memory, in this holiday season.

I see this as a gift to ourselves, and keeping those memories alive is just one more little token of love that is dwelling in us. It can be just a moment, a saying, something you laughed together about. Just something that you remember and will never forget.

I'll start in the next post...

#209479 - 12/07/10 10:03 PM Re: In Memory of our Loved Ones [Re: Edelweiss2]
Edelweiss2 Offline

Mom, this is the first Christmas in my life that I’m not sharing with you. While decorating our tree today, I felt your sweet presence, watching me hang our old tree decorations, some of which go back to my childhood. You sat in your favourite chair in our living room, sipped a glass of red wine, and helped yourself to our home made Christmas cookies. You enjoyed every minute, praising the tree, the cookies the wine, music and the warm glow of the fire.
It was a couple of Christmases ago; We had a particularly good assortment of cookies, and you just loved them. You couldn’t stop trying another one and another one. Finally holding your stomach you moaned, "I am so full, I feel sick.”
With that, you grabbed a banana out of our fruit bowl and ate it while you were moaning.
I couldn’t believe it.
I said, “Mom, what are you doing? I thought you are so full?”
“Oh my goodness!", you cried. "I have no idea,” tossing the half eaten banana away from you.
We laughed tears. How I loved laughing with you.

#209481 - 12/07/10 11:59 PM Re: In Memory of our Loved Ones [Re: Edelweiss2]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
One of the memories of my brother that always makes me smile is this one. Whenever we would go away, Gary always looked after the house. We would leave him lots of treats, because he used to stop in on his way home from work. We'd leave him his favourite TV dinners in the freezer and candies in a bowl on the coffee table in the living room.

After one trip, we came home and I noticed that the candy bowl was still full and was surprised that Gary hadn't eaten any of it. But later that evening when we were sitting in front of the TV, I reached for one of the candies, and realized that he HAD eaten all of the candy but then had very carefully rewrapped every single wrapper and put them carefully back in the bowl.

We howled with laughter and the memory still makes me laugh, to think of him sitting there rewrapping all those tiny shiny wrappers. Gary had a wonderful sense of humour, and his friends often tell us that they still laugh when they remember Gary's delightful pranks.

(Maya Angelou)

#209484 - 12/08/10 02:20 AM Re: In Memory of our Loved Ones [Re: Eagle Heart]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
At this time, I can't seem to shore up the will to reminisce about my sister openly on the Internet. You are after all, strangers.

And she has 2 adult children, who might stumble across all this one day. So I feel most for them too because they are hurting badly and probably missing their mom alot.

Maybe I'm still processing all this.
There are days I just feel abit tired trying to understand something, that no one can explain in the end.

I will always love you, dear sister...even though I know you must have felt so alone in the darkness.

#209485 - 12/08/10 08:02 AM Re: In Memory of our Loved Ones [Re: orchid]
Edelweiss2 Offline

That's fine, Orchid. Everyone has their own way of mourning. I started this thread, because I don't have really anyone who I can talk to about my mother, not even by brother seems to understand this need. I don't have any problem with the fact that strangers my read this thread. Death belongs to life. Maybe we can reach out to someone who is thankful to be able to share their own thoughts. But simply stating your love to your sister, is heart warming, Orchid.

Eagle, your story made me laugh out loud. The fact that you left candies out for your brother while you were gone, moved me too. He was truly interwoven in your life.

#209486 - 12/08/10 08:17 AM Re: In Memory of our Loved Ones [Re: Edelweiss2]
Edelweiss2 Offline

Can you remember how your loved one laughed?

My father was a very handsome man. Many people said he looked like Clark Gable or Omar Sharif. But when my father laughed, that resemblance disappeared. He had a large gap between his two front teeth. When he laughed, I think I always focused my eyes on that gap, which seemed to repeatedly surprise me in his flawless face. I loved it when my father laughed. Huge tears rolled down his cheeks, and he always needed a hanky nearby.

#209494 - 12/08/10 02:21 PM Re: In Memory of our Loved Ones [Re: Edelweiss2]
MustangGal
Unregistered

OK, this may sound outlandish.

Yet, my family disinvited me for Thanksgiving. The lady who owns the stable invited me and I enjoyed a drama free holiday.

That morning I was running late and the lights in my kitchen began flashing on/off for like 20 seconds. A few days later I was driving home from the stable at night and my exterior vehicle lights began flashing -- but they didn't, it was like lights outside yet associated w/ my vehicle.

I'm awakend at odd hours by either a bad dream or the cat(s) mischievous behavior and will find myself watching an early AM christian program.

I don't believe in ghost, but I wonder if someone is trying to tell me something?

#209506 - 12/08/10 05:09 PM Re: In Memory of our Loved Ones [Re: ]
Edelweiss2 Offline

I do believe in visions. And that is something incredible for me to say, since I am not a very religious person.

If I hadn't experienced a vision myself, I would never have believed it. So however you want to interpert those lights, or your dreams,...it's just good to know that you aren't alone. No one is truly alone in this world. Our souls are all a part of each other.

I know you were very close to your mother, Mustang. Who knows, what is happening in that other dimension.

#209511 - 12/08/10 06:52 PM Re: In Memory of our Loved Ones [Re: ]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Mustang,

I also believe in visions. I have received a few in my life, most recently from my deceased first husband, and amazingly even manged to communicate with my mother via a vision about 30 years ago, when I was 18 and living in France. (She's still alive, of course. What I mean is that I communicated a message to her mentally - when we talked about it later, we realized that it came through to her in "real time.")

So I'd say the next time one of these strange events begins to happen, stop what you are doing and mentally communicate with the spirit: Tell the spirit they have caught your attention and ask for the message to be delivered to you.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#209512 - 12/08/10 07:06 PM Re: In Memory of our Loved Ones [Re: Anne Holmes]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Oops! My bad on the math in the post above. That was 40 years ago that I telepathically communicated with my mother.

Just want to be totally honest about all this!
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved