The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 159 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#210074 - 01/05/11 07:54 AM Baby Boomer Romance
Sandy N. Offline

Loc: Washington State
Want to read a book where the main characters are Baby Boomers? Then you'll enjoy our new book.

What happens when three women, friends since high school days, decide to search for old boyfriends—decades later? That’s the plot of I.O.U. SEX, a novel by Sandra Nachlinger and Sandra Allen.

When June, Kiki, and Peggy graduated from high school, all of them were still virgins. After all, they were good girls. Years later, when the three women read June’s diary from their senior year, they joke about the sexual frustration they caused their steady boyfriends back then. That’s when Kiki makes a startling statement. “When you think about it, and I’m only trying to be fair, we owe those guys sex.” With bawdy jabs and tipsy laughter, they vow to track down their old boyfriends and just DO IT, which is something they definitely did not do years before.

Lives intertwined, the three friends share their quest with sexy, poignant, and sometimes hilarious results. Is each woman’s sexual I.O.U. paid in full? Will everyone get what he or she deserves? Or is this just another one of Kiki’s crazy ideas?

I.O.U. SEX is available as an eBook on Amazon. In addition to Kindle, the book can be read on your personal computer, Mac, iPad, iPhone, or other device.

For more information, visit our blog: www.iousex.blogspot.com

To order, click on this link: http://www.amazon.com/I-O-U-Sex-ebook/dp/B004CFAPA4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1294009681&sr=8-1

PS: The book’s not as risqué as the title might suggest!

#210172 - 01/07/11 08:17 PM Re: Baby Boomer Romance [Re: Sandy N.]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Hi Sandy,

On the NABBW teleseminar we did last night with Ronda Del Boccio, I posed the question, "Can journals be used to create books?" I was of the opinion they could, though at first Ronda wasn't too sure whether or not a journal could be interesting enough to a wide enough audience who were willing to pay for the book...

I said, "What if I picked a topic, like "my first date," and posted the entry onto a blog, then recruited a number of other writers to blog on topic, sharing THEIR stories of first dates."

Seemed like it would be an effective way to use a journal entry to write a book.

Sounds like you and your co-author have come up with an equally fascinating way to do the same...

Anybody else out there turned journal entries into books? I know Erica Miner has...

Edited by Anne Holmes (01/07/11 08:19 PM)
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#210174 - 01/07/11 08:52 PM Re: Baby Boomer Romance [Re: Anne Holmes]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I have not, but think the idea of IOU Sex is hysterical. I just wish it was I could hold it in my hands and read it. Any hope of publishing traditionally?

#210175 - 01/07/11 08:56 PM Re: Baby Boomer Romance [Re: Dotsie]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Ross has a Kindle. I'm going to have him download this when he finishes the book he's reading. Thanks.

#210177 - 01/08/11 12:01 AM Re: Baby Boomer Romance [Re: Dotsie]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Good news for Dotsie and others who are not Kindle owners -

Ronda Del Boccio mentioned on our teleseminar last night that you DO NOT need to have a Kindle in order to read a book that's on Kindle. There are free Kindle apps you can download from Amazon and then you can read a Kindle book without actually owning a Kindle.

I just Googled about this and came up with this page, which shows you can get a Kindle app for MANY devices including:

* iPhone
* Windows PC
* Mac
* BlackBerry
* iPad
* Android
* Windows Phone 7

Here's the link: Free Reading Apps for Kindle

My mother has a Kindle, and she finds it so much easier to read than a traditional book, now that she has arthritis in her hands.

And you DO still have something to hold in your hands, Dotsie, it's whatever device you're using...I know, not the same, but maybe progress...

I think the tipping point happened in 2010 and we are going to see more and more ebooks, and lose the image that they aren't quite as "good" as traditional books.

Edited by Anne Holmes (01/08/11 12:03 AM)
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#210183 - 01/08/11 11:34 AM Re: Baby Boomer Romance [Re: Anne Holmes]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Interesting. Ross is going to download it for me on his Kindle. I'm looking forward to trying it. I got him one because he works out at the Y and it's hard to turn the pages on paperbacks while on those machines. The Kindle works beautifully for that. He really likes it, but will still read the real thing on occasion. The big downside for him is that he and our son, and one of the guys that works with Ross, all read the same books. In the past, they've passed books around. Ross feels like he's wasting money by buying them for his Kindle too. And really, he is, but he's worth it.

#210235 - 01/09/11 09:50 PM Re: Baby Boomer Romance [Re: Dotsie]
greene Offline

Loc: Atlanta,Georgia
I got my kindle for Christmas and absolutely love it. To have something I can throw in my purse and always have my crossword puzzles, 3 different books as well as access to facebook and weather (I have the 3G one) with me in one small package is so easy and convenient. It hasn't yet cost me a fortune in downloaded books. There are so many free books available I've only paid for one and it was 5 bucks online but 12 in the store! The only problem, I've enjoyed it so much now I have myself convinced I need other fancy tech things like a smart phone or Ipad. The reality is they are only toys, unneeded, just amusing.

#210240 - 01/10/11 12:28 AM Re: Baby Boomer Romance [Re: greene]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
I love my Kindle and now also have a BlackBerry - there's a reason it's nickname is CrackBerry! LOL I can't imagine what I did when I had to carry both a Palm and a Cell phone; now I have it all in one. Now I'm waiting for the BlackBerry Play book to come out. I would love to have an iPad but can't get reception for AT&T inside my house. The Playbook can be tethered to my BB so won't need another wireless plan like with the iPad. Yes, they are toys. But even better; they're tech toys and I love tech toys!!
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#210244 - 01/10/11 03:44 AM Re: Baby Boomer Romance [Re: Dotsie]
Sandy N. Offline

Thanks for the kind words. We do hope to publish the book as a paperback in the future, but I'm not sure when that will happen. In the meantime, it can be read on PCs, Macs, iPads, etc., as well as Kindle.

#210245 - 01/10/11 03:48 AM Re: Baby Boomer Romance [Re: Dotsie]
Sandy N. Offline

Kindle has a new deal where eBooks can be shared. I'm not sure exactly how it works, but it might be worth looking into for your husband.

Amazon says: Eligible Kindle books can be loaned once for a period of 14 days. The borrower does not need to own a Kindle -- Kindle books can also be read using our free Kindle reading applications for PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone, BlackBerry, and Android devices. Not all books are lendable -- it is up to the publisher or rights holder to determine which titles are eligible for lending.

#210360 - 01/13/11 12:09 AM Re: Baby Boomer Romance [Re: Sandy N.]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
Your book sounds like great fun, Sandy. I hope it's gets into my library when you publish tradionally. I don't have a Kindle, a cell phone, a blackberry or any of the toys mentioned. And I can't sit at my computer long enough to read a book. Best of luck. I know it will get to me one day.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved