The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 170 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#210138 - 01/07/11 02:26 AM Womens Rights!
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Has anyone else heard the news on TV that more and more women are committing domestic violence, not usually starting it but defending themselves very violently. Also because they are leaving marks they are the ones being arrested. Over New Years there were nearly a dozen women arrested. I think the attitude among some women is finally, "I'M MAD AS HELL AND I"M NOT TAKING IT ANYMORE." Too bad it has to come to that but bravo for those finally waking up....

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#210264 - 01/10/11 11:03 PM Re: Womens Rights! [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Hadn't heard about this but it's an interesting twist, to say the least!

#210337 - 01/12/11 01:58 PM Re: Womens Rights! [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

There's a murder case in our area, whereby the husband cut the
wife's head off; now he's claiming that [he] was the abused
spouse? He's this great big dude; she was tiny, thin, and petite.
Yell right. He was abused.

#210343 - 01/12/11 05:06 PM Re: Womens Rights! [Re: jabber]
Ellemm Offline

I don't think you're going to get far when you have beheaded your wife (!), but there actually are cases of domestic violence where the woman is the aggressor. The men are too embarrassed to admit that their wives are out of control -- some of these women are mentally ill -- and the police don't believe them anyway. You know, if a man can have a vicious temper and terrorize his family, so can a woman. It's usually the other way around, but not always.

I know some women who have been ordered into anger management programs. They didn't keep their fists to themselves with their kids, their husbands, or their neighbors. They're a menace. We like to think that people won't do things like this, but unfortunately they do.

#210382 - 01/13/11 01:25 PM Re: Womens Rights! [Re: Ellemm]
jabber Offline

I agree both genders can be guilty of violent tempers. I'm so
grateful I wasn't called to serve on the jury of that dude that cut his wife's head off. I can't hardly stand to look at the guy, and wouldn't been chosen to be a juror anyhow. But thank God I didn't have to sit there for days, only to be dismissed. The man ran his own TV studio; so he couldn't be dumb by any means.

Edited by jabber (01/14/11 01:28 PM)

#211163 - 02/19/11 09:50 PM Re: Womens Rights! [Re: jabber]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Watched a show last night where there was a rapist in New York city and he had attacked many women, raping and killing them. Two women well trained in martial arts and carrying guns set him up while walking alone on the streets and killed him. They also targeted other would be attackers but alas were caught and sent to prison. Sometimes one wants to cheer for the Vigilantes, I know I did. At least they were able to get some scum of the streets.

#211234 - 02/23/11 05:01 PM Re: Womens Rights! [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Truer words were never spoken: "Sometimes one wants to cheer for
the Vigilantes!"

#211251 - 02/24/11 09:38 PM Re: Womens Rights! [Re: jabber]
DJ Offline

Loc: Ohio
Still, we live in a culture that glorifies male -- not female -- aggression and violence. Oh, and by the way, notice how congress wants to redefine "rape" as "forcible rape"? What's up with that?

#211435 - 03/06/11 11:51 PM Re: Womens Rights! [Re: DJ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

What other kinds of RAPE are there except "forcible rape?" Other wise it would be a love connection!!!
Now if you lived in the Muslim culture where cattle are more valuable than women, to claim rape a woman must have and produce 4 or 5 witness's. OMG! so in other words there is NO rape in Muslim law, and those assholes want to bring their culture here...

#211440 - 03/07/11 02:32 AM Re: Womens Rights! [Re: chatty lady]
Ellemm Offline

Chatty, DJ's comment had nothing to do with Muslims. It came from Republican members of Congress who are seeking to limit which women can qualify for taxpayer-subsidized abortions. At first they wanted to include only 'forcible' rape and incest of minors, but after vigorous protests restored the original exemptions for all rapes and cases of incest.

Sorry, but these are our own home-grown Americans, most of whom are, of course, Christians.

Like you, I have no idea how they intended to identify forcible rape. Did the woman have to be all beaten up and get people to certify her story? Threatened with a gun? It's a slippery slope. Most people felt the intent of the proposal was to restrict abortions to the fewest cases possible regardless of what happened to the woman.

This is actually part of a broader push back against taxpayer funds to help women get birth control, tests, pregnancy care, and the like.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved