The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 148 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#210069 - 01/05/11 12:49 AM Your Choices
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Do you dress to please yourself, for comfort or to mimic the fashion magazine?? I dress for my comfort and for what I feel looks good on my body type, and always have.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#210077 - 01/05/11 02:29 PM Re: Your Choices [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Chatty,
I dress for my own comfort. But I have a friend who dresses in whatever fashion is cool with the majority of the public at
any given time. It reminds me of "The Nation of Sheep"; what
everybody else does, is what they do. I don't get it. I would
think people would get a bigger kick out of being an individual
than blending in with the crowd. But may be my personality has
a quirk? I don't know!

#210081 - 01/05/11 02:47 PM Re: Your Choices [Re: jabber]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
I dress to please myself and for comfort. I enjoy putting color together that's different than what people expect, but it works for me. I don't want to be a 'clone' by wearing the latest thing from the big department stores. That's part of the reason I shop thrift and consignment stores; they don't have a limited selection of styles and colors depending on what the 'fashion gurus' have said is the latest thing. And besides, who can afford the price of some of the latest fashions that would make me look awful anyway?
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#210082 - 01/05/11 02:55 PM Re: Your Choices [Re: yonuh]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I dress purely for myself, though sometimes will wear hubby's favourite colours if we're going out somewhere special. I've always dressed in my own style, and like Yonuh, have always enjoyed putting colours together that might not be "in fashion". For most of my life, I shopped almost exclusively at thrift stores, and have built up a nice wardrobe of clothes that only need a sprucing up now and then.

We go to Cuba every year for several weeks...that's my time for cleaning out my closets...I take stuff down to wear while we're there and then leave it behind. They might not always be able to wear it, but they're ingenious with their sewing and can use the materials for all sorts of things, or they use the clothes to barter for other items.

It never bothers me what others wear...live and let live...I like it when people express themselves through hair and clothes, it provides a window into their world. My stepdaughter loves to shop for new and fashionable clothes and always looks amazing.

(Maya Angelou)

#210089 - 01/05/11 07:49 PM Re: Your Choices [Re: Eagle Heart]
jabber Offline

I hear you. If I could look as good as some people always seem to look, maybe I'd buy the IN thing too. However, I cannot
justify Coach pocketbook prices. That seems like a waste to me.

Edited by jabber (01/06/11 02:24 PM)

#210159 - 01/07/11 02:14 PM Re: Your Choices [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Anyone here own one of those large, Coach purses? Holy Hannaha!
I love the black'n white one with the stage coach on the front.
But I'm not parting with several hundred dollars to carry one of
'em. Pocketbooks get such harsh use; and it would be sullied
in no time, I'm sure.

Edited by jabber (01/07/11 02:15 PM)

#210163 - 01/07/11 02:42 PM Re: Your Choices [Re: jabber]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I can't stand to carry around a large purse. Several years ago when we began to travel overseas, I splurged on a PacSafe purse...it's fairly small, not the most attractive-looking thing, but has several small pockets inside of it that hold just about everything, even my small digital camera. It has slash-proof strap and the zipper locks so that I don't have to worry about pickpockets opening it and taking my wallet out. It was so handy, that when we got back home I never stopped using it. Anything bigger is too big now. When we were in Las Vegas I was thrilled when we found the same model in black, so now I have it in brown and black. If I need more space when we travel, I use a PacSafe knapsack. The combo works perfectly.

(Maya Angelou)

#210178 - 01/08/11 02:09 AM Re: Your Choices [Re: Eagle Heart]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
Lately, I've been re-novating my wardrobe. I'm wanting to wear more dresses (long) and some skirts. A recent purchase was a couple pair of leg warmers (remember them?). Since we do outdoor retail, I have to layer up. And for me, pants are a hindrance in movement etc. Very binding since I have to wear so many layers. So, I'm opting for comfort. Nothing like corduroy skirts and nice dark brown or navy tights. (Love the 'preppy' look, too!)

And, since I am in the Southwest now (and have been for over 23 years!), I'm having a friend embellish some of my denim jumpers and cotton blouses with southwest-type pieces. Especially for the market since tourists like to see that!

Also working on my color choices. Wearing more browns, rusts, dark avocado greens etc. Much more appealing for my coloring.

I'm having fun....especially shopping at Savers!!

#210181 - 01/08/11 04:19 AM Re: Your Choices [Re: Di]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
Ooh, I love Savers!!
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#210182 - 01/08/11 11:29 AM Re: Your Choices [Re: yonuh]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I can't say I dress fashionably, but I definitely like to feel put together. Most of the time I wear jeans or black pants, and have many shirts and sweaters to mix it up with. I've taking a liking to scarves to spruce up my outfits, plus I love them because they really keep me warm.

We don't have Savers. Tell me about it...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved